The Godsmouth Heresy - Pathfinder PBP [OOC] [FULL]

Walking Dad

First Post
Hey Walking Dad,

I'm not sure how close to finished you are with Damien's stats so far, but I just thought I'd bring up a couple of points.

I was able to reproduce his ability scores with only a 17 point buy, so I think you shorted yourself a bit.

Also, his saves are definitely way too high.

I'll wait to hear back from you before I dig in any deeper.

You are right, I forgot to apply my racial mod to dexterity.

Mechanics should be ready by now. Still finalizing background.

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
What I was thinking for Agna's backstory is that she is the only daughter of her family, the youngest of four children, and traditionally the females of her family are usually trained and raised to be clergy. From mother to daughter, for generations, it has been passed down the knowledge of the families ancestors, and the females generally don't get trained as much as the males to be warriors like fighters or rangers.

Unfortunately for everybody, Agna just didn't fit into this mold. From an early age she was running around with her brothers, at first it was just wrestling in the mud, than play fighting with practice weapons as often as possible. Her parents did their best to keep her to her studies, to stay inside and follow her duties, which never worked. It only made her angry. She was born on the night of a great storm, and her mother fears that some of the storm was left in her daughter. It did.

As a teen Agna was capable of feeling her anger into a rage that boosted her natural fighting abilities, and learned to fight while fueled with this rage. Her parents, disappointed, gave up. She reveled in her anger, she let it loose, and became the first female warrior in her families history. But no matter how hard she tired to gain their approval, or support, they withheld it from her.

Weeks before her arrival in the town she got into a fight with one of her brothers, they picked on her one to many times, and in the process of the fight she injured him greatly. Feeling a great guilt, she left home, determined to someday prove return home and prove herself once and for all.

Before this, though, she has a world to venture into.

-----

How's this work for everybody?

ghostcat

First Post
Trinity -Character Background

OOC: Background to Join up with Binder Fred

Trinity is the consequence of the liaison between his mother and one of her clients. Lilly, Trinity's mother was a common whore and her occupation resulted in five children; two boys and three girls. Lilly was not a very go mother and left the children to look after themselves as soon as they were able. Eventually she succumbed to a disease picked up from a client and died.

Arber, Trinity's older brother was strong and stupid. He was also an arrogant bully, who made trinity's life hell. Fortunately for Trinity Arber finally picked on the wrong person and ended up in jail. On the other hand Trinity's three sisters did their best to look after their younger brother and Trinity tried to reciprocate. Unfortunately Trinity's best was not good enough and they all ended up adopting their mother's profession.

Meanwhile Trinity was running with one of the many street gangs that roam Kaer Maga. So far he has managed to avoid the law, although he has made a number of enemies; some of whom have powerful friend. So when his friend, Tommas, joined a powerful adventure group, Trinity clamoured to join him.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Alright, starting to get exited about this. :) In no specific order:

Walking Dad: I take it Damien is now part of Kaer Maga's Pharasma clergy, or is at least closely tied with them? Could they then have directed Tommas your way when he came looking for answers about his vampiric sister? Conversely, maybe you mentionned the Defenders to them when their little problem with disappearing corpses sprang up shortly before the adventure begins?

Stacie GmrGrl: Nice background! Did Agna join the Defenders after leaving home?

Ghostcat: Welcome aboard! Refreshments are to your left, treasure and adventure to your right. :)

Jkason: Could Giley's "dying forest" be at the edge of the Cinderlands maybe? This might have been the site of the Defenders most recent mission, putting down a gargoyle that has been stealing livestock and young children from surrounding settlements. After their cunning plan went awry, and with one of Giley's very timely distraction at a critical moment, the group managed to drive off the gargoyle and rescue a young human girl from its nest.

Walking Dad

First Post

Walking Dad: I take it Damien is now part of Kaer Maga's Pharasma clergy, or is at least closely tied with them? Could they then have directed Tommas your way when he came looking for answers about his vampiric sister? Conversely, maybe you mentionned the Defenders to them when their little problem with disappearing corpses sprang up shortly before the adventure begins?

Could be either way. I will leave the decision to the DM to decide which fits best.

jkason

First Post
Jkason: Could Giley's "dying forest" be at the edge of the Cinderlands maybe? This might have been the site of the Defenders most recent mission, putting down a gargoyle that has been stealing livestock and young children from surrounding settlements. After their cunning plan went awry, and with one of Giley's very timely distraction at a critical moment, the group managed to drive off the gargoyle and rescue a young human girl from its nest.

Sounds good to me. Heck, if the forest was near where the party rescued the girl, maybe that whole adventure was the impetus Giley's dryad mother used to send him on his way.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Sounds good to me. Heck, if the forest was near where the party rescued the girl, maybe that whole adventure was the impetus Giley's dryad mother used to send him on his way.

Makes sense. Let's go for that! :)

Could be either way. I will leave the decision to the DM to decide which fits best.
Both together would work well too. Lightbulb! Maybe Damien could have been involved in the "Vampire Sister" incident? Say as a mysterious helpful figure who refused to show his face? Then, when Tommas went to consult him about that very event, he had the surprise of his life when he recognized the Mysterious Figure as the very undead expert he was refered to by the Pharasma clergy! (Small world sometimes ;)).

By the by, does any of this fit with your vision, Crimebuster? I'm entirely up for major modifs, input or re-direction if it doesn't quite mesh with what you had in mind for an opener...

Last edited:

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
Yes she joined the Defenders. She saw they needed her help and she decided to help them. For my curiosity though, so I know, can I get a refresher on who the Defenders are please?

Walking Dad

First Post
Makes sense. Let's go for that! :)

Both together would work well too. Lightbulb! Maybe Damien could have been involved in the "Vampire Sister" incident? Say as a mysterious helpful figure who refused to show his face? Then, when Tommas went to consult him about that very event, he had the surprise of his life when he recognized the Mysterious Figure as the very undead expert he was refered to by the Pharasma clergy! (Small world sometimes ;)).

By the by, does any of this fit with your vision, Crimebuster? I'm entirely up for major modifs, input or re-direction if it doesn't quite mesh with what you had in mind for an opener...

This sounds great. Good thing that Tommas will not try me to kill on sight then ;)
Maybe even the vampire who transformed Tommas' sister has a connection to Damien, too.

Remove ads