The Godsmouth Heresy - Pathfinder PBP [OOC] [FULL]

Crimebuster

First Post
Tommas is up in the RG. Still need to write down a physical description and decide if I want to invest that heavily in Diplomacy if we're going mostly for a dungeon crawl affair. By the by, Crimebuster, is there a (dead) language that's perticularly associated with old monuments and tombs in the area?
Just because you'll be down in the ossuary, it doesn't mean hack and slash is the answer to everything. Just sayin'.

As for languages...maybe ancient Thassilonian?

HERE is a link to dead languages of Golarion on the Pathfinder Wiki. Might be helpful and informative to you?

Crimebuster

First Post
Hey Walking Dad,

I'm not sure how close to finished you are with Damien's stats so far, but I just thought I'd bring up a couple of points.

I was able to reproduce his ability scores with only a 17 point buy, so I think you shorted yourself a bit.

Also, his saves are definitely way too high.

I'll wait to hear back from you before I dig in any deeper.

Crimebuster

First Post
Stacie,

I haven't gone over Agna completely yet, but I did want to point a couple of things I have noticed.

1. Her damage with greataxe should be 1d12+4, if she's using it 2-handed (1.5 times STR mod when wielding 2-handed)

2. FORT save should be +5 I believe (+2 base, +3 CON)

Finally, is barbarian her favored class? If so, did she take an extra skill point?

jkason

First Post
What's motivating Giley besides impatience, Jkason? Is he seeking something in perticular?

While I plan to play him fairly upbeat, I think Giley's kind of perpetually out of place. He was raised by a Dryad, a race that's all about finding one's place (host tree) and staying there forever. In fact, they die if they stray too far. But he's also a gnome, which--especially with what little I know about Bleaching in Golarion--is a race innately pushed to find new things. Add in the way his sorcerer bloodline's expressed, and there's a bunch of nature (gnome) vs. nurture (dryad) vs. nature (verdant bloodline) going on there, where he's compelled to look for new things while always feeling like he's really just trying to find the one place he fits and put down (possibly literal) roots.

Seems to me an adventuring party--always on the move but with each other--might be something he'd be drawn to, then. And since it seems at least a couple of others are on 'prove themselves / fix themselves' kinds of missions, he'd have that in common with them.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Trinity is going to have her hands full trying to remain in the front lines of *this* group. :)

Instead of the PCs forming their own party, I suggest we establish a pre-existing adventuring company (one with a name and a strong *reputation*) which the PCs all joined at some point. Attrition, mariage, retirement and moving on ensues until the game's begining set-up where the PCs are now the core group of the company. Does that work for everybody?

Tommas would have joined shortly after gaining access to the Great Library. Some of the other PC's might even be chilhood friends/rivals that joined with him too. (Anybody interrested? WD, GC, SGG?)

How about the "Steel Defenders" for a company name? Symbol would be a red armband featuring a rearing armor-plated bull.

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
Stacie,

I haven't gone over Agna completely yet, but I did want to point a couple of things I have noticed.

1. Her damage with greataxe should be 1d12+4, if she's using it 2-handed (1.5 times STR mod when wielding 2-handed)

2. FORT save should be +5 I believe (+2 base, +3 CON)

Finally, is barbarian her favored class? If so, did she take an extra skill point?

Yes you are right on the Fort...I did have the Trait that gave it a +1 but I wanted some other trait that fit her thematically better (I think) and I didn't want to copy another character.

I also just remembered I had forgot to do her CMB and CMD. I'll do that soon.

Yes Barbarian will be her favorite class...I put it in skills. :)

ghostcat

First Post
Trinity is going to have her hands full trying to remain in the front lines of *this* group. :)

Instead of the PCs forming their own party, I suggest we establish a pre-existing adventuring company (one with a name and a strong *reputation*) which the PCs all joined at some point. Attrition, mariage, retirement and moving on ensues until the game's begining set-up where the PCs are now the core group of the company. Does that work for everybody?

Tommas would have joined shortly after gaining access to the Great Library. Some of the other PC's might even be chilhood friends/rivals that joined with him too. (Anybody interrested? WD, GC, SGG?)

How about the "Steel Defenders" for a company name? Symbol would be a red armband featuring a rearing armor-plated bull.

Trinity's background would fit coming from any large town but Knowledge (Local) is one of his skill and moving to another town sort of defeats the object. Still I suppose that he could have just joined as a replacement.

What worries me more about this idea is an established party that only consists of 1st level characters, especially 1st level characters who are still wet behind the ears (zero XPs).

jkason

First Post
Trinity's background would fit coming from any large town but Knowledge (Local) is one of his skill and moving to another town sort of defeats the object. Still I suppose that he could have just joined as a replacement.

What worries me more about this idea is an established party that only consists of 1st level characters, especially 1st level characters who are still wet behind the ears (zero XPs).

So, what if the PC's are actually feigning a reputation? And actually, if Trinity's local, maybe that's their connection: using a local voice to spread the word about this 'legendary' group no one's really heard of until folks are convinced they've been waiting years to meet them? :)

ghostcat

First Post
So, what if the PC's are actually feigning a reputation? And actually, if Trinity's local, maybe that's their connection: using a local voice to spread the word about this 'legendary' group no one's really heard of until folks are convinced they've been waiting years to meet them? :)

If you want Trinity to be your ambassador, you've picked the wrong guy. Firstly, he runs with the wrong crowd. I was sort of thinking of him applying to Church of Pharasma about 1 step in front of the law or a similar influential group. Secondly, have you seen his Charisma score, he ain't going to convince anyone.

There again if a party came into town pretending to be the bee's knees, Trinity would probably fall for the hype and try to join. In the hope of keeping the sharks off his back.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I personnaly have no problems with my character coming from Kaer Maga and/or the original company being based there. Let's say that the party has just recently headed *back* to its hometown after adventuring abroad for a while and encountering some of the other party members on the way (Giley for one).

1st level is actually quite a bit above the general populace in terms of power level. That's generally thought of as right out of apprentiship/base camp style training, but it can just as easily be on-the-job training, as it were (i.e. our first party adventures). The fact is, after the begining scene we *are* going to be an adventuring party composed entirely of 1st level characters. If that means we have an overblown reputation compared to what we can do (vs what the now departed company veterans could do), well... that's an interresting roleplaying challenge, wouldn't you say? :) It'll mean we'll have something to prove, a reputation to uphold and memories of past comrades to honor. Might also explain why we get the Pharasma job instead of a more experienced party...

So what do you say, Ghostcat, you want a spot as one of Tommas' childhood friends? Trinity might have originaly joined the Steel Defenders to get some protection between him and his past, plus the proposed out of town gig (see first paragraph) was icing on the cake just then.

EDIT=Tom is now ready for final review!

Last edited:

Remove ads