The Godsmouth Heresy - Pathfinder PBP [OOC] [FULL]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Alright, so a red armband for Tommas and Giley and a red headband for Trinity. What about Agna? A large beltbuckle?

I think we should also elect an interim Company captain. Nothing too involved, just someone to break ties when we vote and say "Hi, we're the Steel Defenders" on first meetings. What do you guys think?

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
A belt buckle with the symbol sounds good for her and she votes that she doesn't become the leader in diplomatic situations. For her she would probably use Dwarven Politics, which is usually a battleaxe into the oppositions head. ;)

Binder Fred

Well actually, the Diplomacy bit came-in after I noticed that nobody else in the group had taken that perticular skill set (one of the advantages of posting your character sheet last of all :)). So anyway:

"Who wants to be captain while I'm gone?"

Everybody except Tommas takes two steps back.

"Congratulations, son!"

jkason

First Post
I thought about Diplomacy, especially given how high Giley's CHA is, but with the limited skill points for a sorcerer and the fact this is, as I understand it, a modified dungeon crawl, I really couldn't justify using the piddling skill points I had on a skill that probably wouldn't see any use. It does into his background, though, in that he's been isolated with dryads his whole life and thus while he's naturally charming, he hasn't been able to cultivate that in any specific direction.

Binder Fred

Never played a barbarian myself, though there's been quite a few in the various party's I've been with. Generally speaking though, barbarians have access to Light plus Medium armor and shield, plus all the Uncanny dodge bits at higher levels, so the short answer is: yes, that does seem kind of low for a front line character -- particularly with the Rage dropping you to 12 AC. :)

Possible solutions could include 1) dropping your Int or Wis below ten to boost your Dex, 2) Favor a one-handed weapon at early levels so you can use your shield more and/or 3) Go for Hide or Scale armor at the detriment of, basically, just Climb (you're a dwarf so armor doesn't affect your speed). I'd definitively consider 1 and 3 in your shoes.

Remove ads