The Godsmouth Heresy - Pathfinder PBP [OOC] [FULL]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Yes she joined the Defenders. She saw they needed her help and she decided to help them. For my curiosity though, so I know, can I get a refresher on who the Defenders are please?
The Steel Defenders are an adenturing company headquartered in Kaer Maga. Right now the entire membership consists of Agna, Giley, Trinity and Tommas. See here and here for my initial posts on the subject.

This sounds great. Good thing that Tommas will not try me to kill on sight then ;)
Maybe even the vampire who transformed Tommas' sister has a connection to Damien, too.
Glad you like it, WD! And that's certainly a very interresting possibility. Maybe Crimebuster could work it into the adventure somewhere <hint, hint>. :D

So, as I see it, the general timeline pre-adventure should go something like this:

1- Tommas and Trinity play and compete in the streets of Kaer Maga.

2- They both join the Steel Defenders, Tommas sponsoring-in Trinity (who was looking for some protection from his own past at the time).

3- Agna, freshly come from out of town, also joins up at this time, looking to prove herself in an established Company (plus she saw they needed her help and she decided to help them).

4- Extra training, drilling and a few in-city incidents follow, notably with Trinity's ex-partners.

5- Their first real mission with the company takes them to a forest at the edge of the cinderlands, just recuparating from a freak ashfall and associated fire. They are to down a female gargoyle that has been stealing livestock and young children from surrounding settlements. After their cunning plan goes awry, and with one of Giley's very timely distraction at a critical moment, the group manages to drive off the half-blind gargoyle and rescue a young human girl from her nest. Giley joins the group.

6- They have several small encounters and close calls on their way back to Kaer Maga, cimenting their friendship.

7- Tommas' sister turns vampire and kills her father and one of his brothers. Trinity, Giley and Agna are there to help, and so is a mysterious figure who refuses to show its face (apparently some stranger from off the street).

8- Tommas seeks help from the Pharasma clergy re his sister. They refer him to a Pharasma oracle named Damien who has fought undead all his life in fabled Graydirge. Surpisingly enough, the oracle turns out to be a dhampir! Even more surprising, Tommas recognizes him as the mysterious figure who helped so much during the "vampire sister" incident! Small world... Or is it?

9- When corpses start disapearing, Damien recommends the Defenders to the Pharasma clergy.

10- Adventure begins.

Still to be determined is how we lost the more experience members of the company. Right now I'm thinking a marriage just after the guys joined up, a death on the way back from the Cinderlands, combined with the then captain of the company finding something in the gargoyle's nest that takes him and one or two others off on a higher level quest of a more personnal nature... What do you think?

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Thanks, guys. :)

Is everybody alright with the "red armband with a rearing armor-plated bull" as a Company symbol, AKA a gorgon? Doesn't need to be an armband either: headband, sash, scarf, beltbuckle, painted on armor, whatever you can think of.

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Thanks, guys. :)

Is everybody alright with the "red armband with a rearing armor-plated bull" as a Company symbol, AKA a gorgon? Doesn't need to be an armband either: headband, sash, scarf, beltbuckle, painted on armor, whatever you can think of.

BF. You need two colours, foreground and background. So assuming a red background, what colour is the bull?

BTW. Gorgon OK for symbol.

Remove ads