• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Baskrant (northbound) Judges: N/A, DM: Cute-Hydra

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu looks around the battlefield at his badly wounded comrades. Then looks to those that have fallen in the battle just had. All as he descends the planks of the ship onto the beach. His telepathy rings out into the heads of his comrades in a ghostly echoing whisper.*

"You all have done well this battle. Though I know that none of us know one another before this day but, from here on out we will be thick into the enemies territory. We must grow closer then these last two battles and learn from each others mistakes and weaknesses. We must lay down tactics if we are to overcome what shall come next. A lot of these wounds would of easily been over come if we as a unit were to eliminate one target before moving onto the next. Even a mortally wounded opponent is just as deadly if not more so as a opponent whom is fresh to the battle at hand. Only one taking a dirt nap is one to over look."

*He nods to them all before moving over to the magical cloak. His keen eyes scanning it's magical properties over before tossing it towards Len the Dwarf. His telepathy entering Len's mind once again*

"Rogue. You are one to hide and skulk in the shadows of darkness. This shall aid you even further."

*With that he made his way up and over the ridge looking out at the eerie forest before them well the rest of the injured heal up.*

[sblock=Healing]Hunzu uses no healing surges to heal up after this encounter.[/sblock]

salt3d

First Post
Len's eyes light up at the sight of the cloak. On hearing Hunzu's voice in his head, he thinks Right on! back in the direction of the shardmind.

As he fastens the cloak around his neck, Len catches sight of the arrow heads still protruding from his chest. "I think I might need to-" he starts, before passing out and collapsing face down in the sand. As Len falls, the chainmail armor he'd retrieved from the ship spills out from the depths of his clothing on to the beach next to him.

[sblock=Actions]Len spends three healing surges.

OOC: By the way I had no intention of Len absconding with the chainmail from the previous encounter. I'm guessing we can sell it back in town?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Len]Len - Male Dwarf Rogue 1
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15

AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:18, Will:14

Speed:5

HP:24/25, Temp HP:
Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:3/7

Powers:
Deft Strike
Disheartening Strike

Action Point [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Unbalancing Shot [ ]

Blinding Barrage [ ][/sblock]

Sasahara

First Post
Esraethan's hands begin to shake as he realizes that he is still alive and his foes are not. The adrenaline wears off and he slumps to the beach, feeling his wounds for the first time. He listens intently to Hunzu's voice in his mind, nodding in agreement. "My problem was that I couldn't aim well in actual combat. I'll need to practice more and get better," he thinks to himself.

"What do you think, comrades? Shall we go around on the beaches where they have built up defenses? Or shall we cut through the forest?"

OOC: Esraethan spends 2 surges to get back to full hp.

[sblock=Esraethan]Esraethan- Male Tiefling Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16

AC:14, Fort:12, Reflex:13, Will:15

Speed:6

HP:26/26, Temp HP:
Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:4/8

Powers-
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance
Star Pact
Prime Shot
Shadow Walk
Warlock's Curse
Bloodhunt
Infernal Wrath
Action Point [ ]
Dreadful Word [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Armor of Agathys [ ][/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: 4 surges to get back to 28 hp, Also Level Up! New Stat Block below

Sound of Stone is roused by his friends' attentions and soon recovers his strength.

[sblock=Quick Stats]Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 3 Speaks in Lime Italics HP28/34 Temp HP 0 ,

Initiative
+6 AC 20, Fort 14, Reflex 17, Will 14 AP 0, Surges 4/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, Thri-kreen Claws, Open the Gates of Battle, Twin Thunders, Steel Avalanche,
Special:

Wiki page: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:SoundofStone_(rb780nm)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fyrm

First Post
Mercurial gets up from that last shot, and begins bandaging his wounds. He then changes into a young human girl, and walks up to the rest of the group. That was fun, but I've used alot of my supplies. Would anyone mind donating some blood... a brief pause as she looks at Hanzu Or "psionic energy"?

OOC: spend 4 healing surges to get to full. Requesting 2 healing surges to refuel my heals. Also, I gained a level, but my phone doesn't want to cooperate with editing the wiki, so I'll take care of that later today.

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu looks over to the artificer with his cold crystalline eyes. He ponders for a long moment in time before his hollow echoing voice looms inside the changelings head.*

"I shall grant you this boon only but a single time. Do not expect this of me often."

*With a slight nod to Mercurial. He rolls up the sleeve of his right arm and extends it towards him.*

"Do what you must."

*He looks around at the others gathered nearby. This time his voice entering the minds of everyone there.*

"We shall venture through the forest. We have lost precious time, due to being knocked off course. We need to hasten our journey, and going through the forest shall do so. Though we must play it smart. This forest will be prime real estate for an ambush. Whom of you is good within the realm of the woods? We are in need of a scout with keen eyes and ghost feet."

[sblock=OOC]So Donutboy hasn't replied in some time now. Would we consider him MIA currently? Would we like to take a vote? Cause we are in need of a defender and there are a couple first level in the tavern I believe. We could rope one into the adventure. Don't know what the rest of you guys think. I mean we could even continue with the five of us. Though it'll be tricky.[/sblock]

Cute-Hydra

First Post
OOC: I would consider him MIA, I suggest a vote is taken, for both Donutboy, and for which route you take. Regrettably, Donutboy cannot be PM'd due to his box being full.

salt3d

First Post
Len regains consciousness just in time to hear Hunzu's words inside his head.

"Forest?" he exclaims, "I don't like the sound of that!"

Springing to his feet, Len finds no strength in his legs and immediately falls on his backside. A shower of sand falls from his face.

"Although it's a bit warm in the sun." he says woozily. "I could probably do with some shade." Shaking his head rapidly, Len regains his composure and stands up again; this time much more assuredly. He looks down at his chest and snorts, before grabbing the arrowheads with one hand and yanking them out with a loud grunt.

"Ok. I'm ready."

[sblock=OOC]According to Donutboy's profile:

Last Activity: 17th April 2011 12:55 AM

But his last post was 25th March 2011 12:38 PM

I posted a 'Visitor Message' on his profile, so my vote is to give him a day or two and if he doesn't post, replace him with a defender from the tavern.

Also my vote is for the forest too, although Len won't like it. :)[/sblock]

Sasahara

First Post
"I think the forest might well be the better choice. We have seen that there will be stiff resistance if we go along the beach- I don't fancy spending the day fighting through a series of fortified positions like this!" Esraethan tries to disguise his nerves, with partial success.

rb780nm

First Post
"Let us take the forest - better to avoid the claws of the beast and strike for the heart," the Thri-kreen monk says in his strangely accented common.

Remove ads