The Invasion of Baskrant (southbound) Judges: N/A, DM: Cute-Hydra

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Hoping there are no baby baby dragons awaiting, the party trek into the mountains. Pretty easily with Lenard leading the way through, they find an ominous cave. With it's guardian no longer in residence the treasure seems to be yours.

A relatively small but substantial trove is in the back of a two room cave. It consists of 1280 gold pieces in value made up of several art forms as well as coins. If there are any art pieces in particular assume you can find it if you particularly want a cup etc as long as it's within reason.

There is amid the artforms a suit of black plate armour that seems to be still usable as well as glowing in magical strength. (Black Iron Armor PHB Pg 227- +2 plate, resist 5 fire and necrotic.)

CaBaNa

First Post
Before embarking to the cave, Kamotz checks the horses barding, inspecting it for continued use during long rides. He takes the flails from the hobgoblin soldiers, and attaches them into his belt, then takes one of their heavy shields, to replace his. The shifter then picks up the longsword from the remaining archer, and begins hacking at the neck of the dragon, mercilessly chopping until the head is severed from the body. He then cleans the blade on the dead hob, and stores the longsword in his belt.

Taking a large amount of rope, Kamotz creates a makeshift net, and wraps the head in it. He then secures the rope to his horse, and tests the hold, dragging the head an inch or two. After that, he fashions a sled, and ties it to the bottom of the netting, so as to protect the dragons head during towing. There, this will look nice mounted in the temple. Can't have the Hanged Man showing prizes the chapel doesn't have.

Luinnar

First Post
You know, that is totally disgusting, Alnar says looking at the head. Can't you put it in a bag or something? I'm not letting Draco see that thing.

On arrival at the treasure trove Alnar takes a particularly nice picture of Kobolds playing chess and stashes it in his bag. Who know what kind of crazy collector would buy that type of thing.

OOC: Alnar will take 1280/5= 256 gold art.

pacdidj

First Post
"Hmm... This should pay for at least a week's worth of my attorney's hourly fees," Siveris says eying a pile of coins greedily. "A few more hauls like this and Siv's Salves could be rid of all the lawsuits and open for business again within a matter of months!"

OOC: Siv pockets 256 gp worth of coinage.

[MENTION=90808]Cute-Hydra[/MENTION] - FYI I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and will likely have limited or no internet access for a week and a half. Feel free to NPC, MIA, or assign Siveris to another player until I get back on May 1st. His combat stat blocks have a link to his character sheet.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Vimak will take the appropriate amount of gold as well, preferable as some as an art object with a dwarf rune on it.
He isn't proficient with a plate.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
OOC: How is treasure being distributed to the rest of people please, I will describe the rest of the options when it's been fully allocated. If no-one is proficient with plate then I apologise and will change it to Scale..

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Lenard sidesteps the sizable pile of coins. Instead, he gently picks up a black statuette for his share of the treasure.

OOC: Lenard takes 1280/5= 256 gold worth of art. Pass on the heavy armor, which is decidedly un-mage like.

This is an obsidian statuette. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. On the item is a depiction of a human man and a young black dragon. The man is cowering before the dragon.

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz has his horse, and that may be too much already. He can wear plate, but like I said, the horse is likely too much already. So gold, and armor to someone else. Enjoy all.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
From their mountain point perspective the heroes can see on the other side of the mountain-range fields and fields of what was farmland- the farmland has been stripped off grass it is now churned mud and rocks.

Trenches have been dug in and lines drawn in the land can be clearly seen. The imperial allied forces can be seen dug in on the side nearest to you.

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz claps his hands three times, Alright, teleport us back. We cleared the bridge. he waits a few moments, then looks around confused, HELLO! Wizard?! You can teleport us back now.

OOC: When Kamotz realizes we aren't being teleported back out, he'll want to head to the trenches and "collect more of Lauto's bodies."

Last edited:

Remove ads