The Invasion of Baskrant (northbound) Judges: N/A, DM: Cute-Hydra

Cute-Hydra

First Post
The party start into the forest fearlessly- even the most inintuitive of you feel nervous as if being watched. Dangerous looking plants cross your paths. Dark shadows loom in humanoid looking images as if sinister enemies crouch behind every tree. The mud making up the forest floor churns with rotting leaves with pit's dug by mistake or accident are hidden across the forest adding another danger to an already dangerous forest.

[sblock=skill challenge]
Skill challenge:

3 successes, 2 failures (stage 1)
Any skill can be used as long as it's justified, DC 15.
[/sblock]

OOC: I thought we should move on as we were waiting long enough..

Last edited:

salt3d

First Post
"Careful where you step!" hisses Len. "Who knows what kind of beasts lurk here, and we don't want to be tellin' em we're here if we can avoid it. Gods know we can't trust the trees. Find a patch of bare earth for every step, and if you can't do that at least try to be quiet!"

Darksteed

First Post
"Hmmm?"

*He says into his own mind. He pauses crouching done to grab up a handful of dirt and letting it sift through his fingers. Before looking up and around.*

"I know of these lands and of the dangers past. I possess the memories of another who has passed through here many years ago. Come this way."

*He says to the others using his telepathy. Standing to his feet he leads them off on an easier trail.*

Sasahara

First Post
Esraethan listens to the advice of his companions, then draws his rod out of his robes. Drawing the shadows deeper around himself, he moves through the woods like a shadow.

OOC: Arcana check

rb780nm

First Post
"Take care, friend!" Sound of Stone hisses, stopping several of the party from walking into a hidden bog he recognized.

OOC: Nature Check

Cute-Hydra

First Post
OOC: 3 successes, and on to stage 2

A few hours go past and the team progresses through the forest, the feeling of being watched continues until eventually they see a bright light in the distance. It seems to be a clearing up ahead maybe a hundred feet ahead. Still blocked by dozens of knarled trees.

[sblock=perception DC20]
You see clearly through the mass of tree's to see that the lights swirl eerily in great swathes of light. There seem to be about four to five mists of lights all made up of a couple of hundred of tiny floating lights. These mists move in concort with each other forming patterns of incredible incracy. In the seconds you watch you see multiple patterns emerge and then dissapear. [/sblock]

[sblock= perception AND arcana DC 20]
The bright lights ahead are recognisable as fairie fire, probably summoned by some form of fey creatures.
[/sblock]

What do you do?

Fyrm

First Post
Mercurial follows the party, trying not to get in the way. When the group gets close to the clearing, he changes into a bullywug, and jumps up to get a better view.

OOC: Sorry abou not posting as much lately. APs are coming up soon, so that takes up a lot of my time.
Darksteed: Meecurial will take 2 surges, if that is ok.

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu raises a hand and points towards the light in the fair distance.*

"Those that can remain quiet and scout. Please do so now. The rest shall wait here until you return. Let us avoid as many ambushes as possible this evening."

*His voice once again enter everyone's minds.*

OOC: Two is fine Mercurial. I'l note it down upon my sheet.

Remove ads