The Invasion of Baskrant (northbound) Judges: N/A, DM: Cute-Hydra

Fyrm

First Post
Mercurial takes a seat in the first empty chair he can find and listens to the lecture with an expression of boredom. Then, after a flash of inspiration, he closes his eyes, quickly opens them, and changes into the first person he sees. He repeats this a couple of times, until he gets bored and goes back to listening.

Donutboy

First Post
Astheone taps Esraethan on the shoulder and says, "Wake me up when the guy starts talking, okay? I need to get this alcohol out of my system." . Then he falls asleep, the back of his head on the back of his seat, his face pointing towards the ceiling.

Sasahara

First Post
Esraethan responds absentmindedly, his attention still on the man speaking at the front of the room. "Sure, but he's actually talking right now. I'm sure if you focus, you'll hear what he's saying."

Donutboy

First Post
"Oh crap, really? Raeth, do me a favor and never let me drink that much again!" Astheone says to the half-orc he spoke to about coffee.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
Despite our heroes antics, the worst they get is a few stares, the man speaking waffles for a few mins about the heroic moral state of the just war, about ten minutes in you hear something that interests you but it's merely a reiteration of the pay you read on the notice. Eventually, you are allowed to go and handed out are clip boards along with badges. The badges are not literal ones that you wear, they are ones you have as a token and produce as a mandate... to prove who you are. Following the directions on the clip board you arrive at a small room.

After waiting for a few minutes an elf walks in wearing the same uniformed chain mail that you have seen around in the building. "So you are the mercenaries from the hanged man?"

Sasahara

First Post
Esraethan finishes his reading of the clip board and examination of his badge. He looks up as the elf enters, and nods in answer to the question. He then nudges Astheone awake, sliding a hot cup of coffee into his hand from the table in the room.

salt3d

First Post
"Yes we are," replies Len, "but I have a question. I listened to most of what the man on stage said but I'm still not sure whether the war we're joining has already started or if we're part of the initial invading force. So which is it?"

Donutboy

First Post
Astheone thanks Esraethan for the coffee and says to the elf, "I prefer the term "adventurer." It sounds more heroic and less thuggish. And yes, is this war starting now? And will we've looting and pillaging, or capturing?"

Sasahara

First Post
"Also, I haven't heard much about our opponents. Who or what will we be up against? And are there rules of engagement that we should know about?" Esraethan nods in acknowledgement at Astheone, and moves up next to Len to address the elf.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
"You will be fighting a mix of whatever the Baskranians can muster, they are ruled by pirates so you will see a mass of the usual undesirables.

You will be fighting to take land, pillaging is optional, we don't care either way. This war is political to stop the banditry on the coast on our trade ships. No real rules of engagement.

The opening invasion has already begun you will be a relief force, when your ready I can show you to your ship"

Remove ads