The Invasion of Baskrant (southbound) Judges: N/A, DM: Cute-Hydra

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sapo turns and blinks at Vimak, before jumping on him, and standing crouched on his shoulder. “Good it is that you come, strong are your arms and your soul.” The monk says, before indicating where Vimak should go.

pacdidj

First Post
Silly gnome, you stay close too me. I'll make sure you don't get killed.

Siveris' face takes on a sour caste, his eyebrows scrunching down so far it's a wonder he manages to keep his monocle in place. It seems that the irritable gnome is about to lob an insulting retort back at Kamotz, but after a moment's contemplation he thinks better of it and plasters on a smile. "Yes, yes. You look, erm... familiar with death. Very well, I shall stay close. I could use a meat shiel- er, that is, a strong friend like you," says Siv in his most saccharine tones.

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz beams, being very proud of himself for making a new friend so quickly. I am! Death is everywhere, easy to get-to-know. Barks the shifter, I like you! We're going to be good friends. You know Magic? I know Magic! See already we have much in common. Patting Siveris on the back, Kamotz suddenly frowns, Oh, sorry about that. The temple has a ritual for it, but I'd wait until after the killing. Kamotz points a shaggy finger at the shifter-sized hand print left behind, a large red blood stain.

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 5

"And it looks like we have to ne strong..." Vimak responds to Sapo, looking at the other voluntaries.

[sblock=ooc]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 14 Insight: 19 Normal Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 49 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 2/2, Stone’s Endurance, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light, Extra Lightning Damage.

Condition:

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
A quick spasm of fury crosses Siv's face as he spots the bloody handprint left by Kamotz on his fine silk cape. But, rather than release it, he takes a couple deep, steadying breaths, then mumbles, "No matter. I've got a formula for a powerful detergent that should take it out...," as he rubs at the stain with his finger, succeeding only in spreading it out further.

Clearly irritated, Siveris directs his ire at the half-giant and the ogres. Waving a small hand in their faces (actually closer to the vicinity of their knees) to get their attention, he snaps, "Well, are we going to retake this bridge or not?"

Dekana

Explorer
How vulgar this group is, so preoccupied with death, Lenard thinks both with disdain and fascination. Especially that shifter...

The mage steps beside Siveris and lays a gentle hand on his head (he actually intended to meet his shoulder, but it is so hard to judge height with gnomes). "A fine plan. It seems I will be joining you in the rear lines, then." A thin smile forms on the man's face.

Cute-Hydra

First Post
The half giant disgruntedly looks at the ogre, "yes, yes get in the damn circle."

Assuming that you get in:

you appear on a beach looking at a calm and peaceful sea, in the distance is a large block of land across the waves that you assume to be Baskrant.

[sblock=Arcana DC25]
The reason that they cannot teleport across, is that any attempt to cross the magical seas can go horribly wrong, time warps getting lost if you cannot see your destination, therefore sailing or walking across to Baskrant is fine because you can see the island in the distance, however teleporting is blind and so would risk going horrrrribly wrong. While it would be possible to astral travel and come back on the other side that is beyond the resources they have available.
[/sblock]

A massive mile long bridge spreads across almost immediately infront of you. You can see dozens of tents on the beach a lot of soldiers seem to be wandering around none caring particularly about you being there.

The sergeant follows you through the circle (you note the circle drawn and engraved into a large slab of stone that has been placed on the sands.

Right, information we have is that something large was seen flying across, we have no idea what normal troops they have stationed on there.

----

Assuming you want to go across the bridge you will end up with this. Feel free to swop formations, I just placed you across the line.

A: What looks like hobgoblin soldiers riding barded warhorses, the two of them have formed up with their shields despite being on horseback.

B: Hobgoblins armed with bows on riding horses.

C: A large barricade erected of wood and a few spiky bits of metal. Game wise hard cover to shoot through.

OOC: Note, that the four horses will act independantly delaying to get the same initiative, but they count as two monsters just using the same square, therefore any attacks directed against them but be specified if you attacking rider of mount, any attack that hits squares hits everyone on it.

You are coloured green, please send me a picture you would like to use, bad guys are red :)

Please bear with me as I sort out uploading pictures if I mess up to start with. NEW DM online :p

[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

The foremost hobgoblin calls out "STOP, You cannot pass!"

Roll for initiative..
Archers and their horses 21
Soldiers and their horses 10

Anyone whom got higher than 21 please act.

OOC: apologies for seemingly rushing a load, I realized that this was taking days to get through, and thought you would probably want to get to a meaty combat... so I thought i would accelerate it through, please feel free to swop around where you would like to be due to me placing you.

Attachments

• bridge map.jpeg
    bridge map.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: What are the sides of the bridges like? Lenard specializes in forced movement, so it seems only natural to try to knock these hobgobs off the bridge if it's possible.
It might help the formatting to put the map in sblocks?

Lenard obediently halts. Or rather, he is stunned so much by the battlefield he has just teleported into that he loses the initiative.

[sblock=token]Lenard_Small.JPG[/sblock]

[sblock=Lenard stat block]http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Lenard_(Dekana)- Male Human Mage 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +0
Action Points: 1

Conditions

Powers
Arc Lightning, Beguiling Strands, Hypnotism, Light, Magic Missile, Prestidigitation
Conduit of Ice, Robe of Avoidance, Second Wind, Suggestion
Flaming Sphere

[sblock=spellbook]
Conduit of Ice, Illusory Obstacles
Flaming Sphere, Sleep[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 5

Vimak is just to slow to act before the archers.

[sblock=ooc]
Please use this picture for Vimak:
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/images/199319/Class_GoliathFighter2.png

I also would like him a bit more of the middle of the line, because his powers give bonuses to adjacent allies.

Equipment in hand: halberd

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 14 Insight: 19 Normal Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 49 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 2/2, Stone’s Endurance, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light, Extra Lightning Damage.

Condition:

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads