• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Baskrant (southbound) Judges: N/A, DM: Cute-Hydra

Dekana

Explorer
Lenard's jaw drops at the sudden appearance of the dragon, his surprise only magnified when the magnificent creature swoops down breathing acid on the party. By the time he launches his counterattack, the dragon has already disappeared into the dark cloud. Thankfully, the sound of cracking bones gives away its position. He fires off another spear of shimmering force in that direction.

[sblock=Lenard stat block / actions]Actions
Standard: Magic Missile vs square L3 autohits for 7 force damage.

PC:Lenard (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Human Mage 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +0
Action Points: 1

Conditions

Powers
Arc Lightning, Beguiling Strands, Hypnotism, Light, Magic Missile, Prestidigitation
Conduit of Ice, Robe of Avoidance, Second Wind, Suggestion
Flaming Sphere

[sblock=spellbook]
Conduit of Ice, Illusory Obstacles
Flaming Sphere, Sleep[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
What, it's only a dragon! My best friend is a dragon, granted he is not the same size... Alnar says, flinging a spray of fire at the dragon.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Shift to N4.
Standard: Burning Spray west blast 3 (concealment only works for melee and ranged IIRC, so I did not add in the penalty. )

18 vs ref 10 fire damage (note Alnar ignores 5 fire resistance)

Effect: The next enemy that hits Alnar with a melee attack before the end of your next turn takes 3 fire damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
Alnar Male Human Sorcerer 5
Alnar has 5 fire resistance. +2 healing surge value (Dragonling), ignores 5 fire resistance for attacks.
Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +12, Init: +2
AC 15 Fortitude 16 Reflex 14 Will 19 -- Speed: 6
HP: 23/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge Value: 11, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Staff of ruin +1: +9 vs AC 1d8+5
Ranged Basic Attack: N/A
Powers-
Burning Spray, Chaos Bolt, Blazing Starfall
Thunder Slam
Flame Spiral
Spatial Trip

Ice Javelins
Majestic Word
Inspiring Fortitude
Thunder Leap

Conditions -

Draco: (inactive)
Defense same as above.
Speed 5, fly 6 (hover)
1/1 HP
Dragon's breath

[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 5

Vimak swings his halberd in the darkness...
Fighting a dragon, Vimak invokes his most powerful runes...

[sblock=ooc]

standard: Rune of Endless Fire vs Dragon's AC Crit!
takes 27 fire and radiant damage, 8 lightning damage and is blinded until the end of Vimak's next turn!
minor: Rune of Mending (Protection on himself) and each ally in the burst gain a + 1 bonus to all defenses until the end of his next turn and he regains 17 HP.
move: Shield of sacrifice. Vimak sacrifices a HS and Sapo & Kamotz (he has taken damage right? if not, someone else in 5 sq) regain hit points as if they had each spent a healing surge + 5. Vimak and each ally who regained hit points gain a +5 power bonus to AC until the end of his next turn.

---

Rune of Destruction
Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to you or to any other runepriests who are in this rune state.

Rune of Protection (active)
While adjacent to you, allies gain resist 2 to all damage

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 14 Insight: 19 Normal Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 37 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 7 / 10
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 0/2, Stone’s Endurance, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light, Extra Lightning Damage.

Condition: +4 AC, +1 to all defenses, Rune of Endless Fire Effects

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Turn coming soon... Sorry, just trying to figure out where Kamotz/Warhorse are status-wise, and how much negative to attack they take.

So far I've got -5 to attack for Kamotz, as he is blind. Because the dragon attacked after blinding, Kamotz knows which squares the dragon is in. So can target the square the dragon is in with a -5 penalty to hit the dragon.

Still working on HP...

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Death dealer! This will be a great battle indeed! wiping the caustic sludge from his exposed bits, Kamotz grins, Steady! shouts the shifter to his warhorse, as he swings into the darkness, coming up short.

Death will have you as well dragon! the divine challenge of Kamotz rings true in the dragons ears, shaking it slightly. The radiance clears Kamotz sight for a moment, only to let the shifter know he was surrounded by darkness.

The warhorse continued to burn under the caustic breathe, and its armor all but melted away. The shifters thick fur protected him from further harm, and the acid also slid off his armor without much damage. Call out the dragons location, southeast of my voice now! You can't hide from me dragon, I can hear you breathing, and I smell your stink!

[sblock=How I got Kamotz and his warhorse final status.]

Kamotz

Attacks
-5 from blind
+2 from dragon being prone
total -3 to melee attacks.

Defenses
-4 AC dragon SE
+5 power bonus AC TENT
+1 all defenses (Vimak)
total +1 all defenses

HP
32 after last battle, into next
20 after acid spray
22 after acid spray adjacent to Vimak rune of prot
35 after Vimak surgeless healing
total 32 after turn start adjacent to Vimak

Warhorse
defenses
-4AC dragon SE
+1 all defenses (Vimak)
total -3AC +1 NADs

HP
58 start
22 just before Kamotz mounts
12 as Kamotz mounts
32 after healed by Kamotz
22 after acid spray adjacent to Vimak
total 19 after turn start taking 3 from ongoing 5 adjacent to Vimak

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Start turn adjacent to Vimak, take 3 ongoing fire.
Kamotz 32/35 HP
Warhorse 19/58

move

Standard Healing Strike on Dragon
14 vs AC Miss
If hit, the dragon is marked TENT, and one ally can spend a healing surge and regains an additional 4 hp.

minor divine challenge dragon
Dragon is marked (-2 att) and takes 2 radiant first attack it makes that doesn't include Kamotz.
[sblock=Divine Challenge fulltext]
Effect: Kamotz marks the target, The first time the target makes an attack that doesn't include Kamotz, it takes 2 radiant damage. If Kamotz doesn't attack the target, or finish his turn adjacent to it, this effect ends. Kamotz can use this power only once per turn.
[/sblock]

Save vs ongoing and -4 ac Kamotz Success
Save vs ongoing and -4 ac Warhorse Failure

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]
@Cute-Hydra, if the dragon is hiding, can Kamotz beat it with passive perception, or a perception check?

Kamotz
Initiative +1 Passive Insight 20 Passive Perception 20 Senses Low-Light
HP 32/35 Bloodied 17 Surge Value 8; Surges Per-Day 9/9 (party has a lot of surge-less healing...)
AC 23/22 Fortitude 16/15 Reflex 15/14 Will 17/16
Speed 5
At-will: Holy Strike, Lance of Faith, Divine Challenge
Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Healing Word, Strength From Valor, Call of Challenge Healing Strike
Daily: Blood of the Mighty

Warhorse

Initiative +3 Senses Perception +8; low-light vision
HP 19/58; Bloodied 29 Surge Value 14; Surges Per-Day 0/1
AC 14/17; Fortitude 17/16, Reflex 15/14, Will 15/14
Speed 8
S2.gif
Kick (standard, at-will)
+6 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage.
Z2a.gif
Trample (standard, at-will)
The warhorse can move up to its speed and enter enemies’ spaces. This movement provokes opportunity attacks, and the warhorse must end its move in an unoccupied space. When it enters an enemy’s space, the warhorse makes a trample attack; +4 vs Reflex; 1d6+6 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Charger (while mounted by a friendly rider of 3rd level or higher with the mounted combat feat; at-will)
x.gif
Mount
The warhorse grants its rider a +5 bonus to damage rolls on charge attacks.
Alignment Unaligned Languages -
Str 21 (+6) Dex 14 (+3) Wis 14 (+3)
Con 18 (+5) Int 2 (-3) Cha 10 (+1)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cute-Hydra

First Post
OOC: See I was scared to put up a solo boss, cos they are hard to run and I am so unused to DMing PbP and I was anticipating something horrible happening to it... Poor Black Dragon turns up only to be double critted, knocked prone and generally laughed at...

Hehe, I am not complaining don't worry :), well done I am still waiting for a few ppl arn't I, and yes all assumptions above are correct.

Remove ads