The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna stepped forward to help Mr. Bricks before the kobolds swarmed him under. Crackling lightning leaped from her sword as she swung, wreathing one of the creatures in a momentary halo of glittering sparks. A faint rumble seemed to echo from her blade, but the pike-wielding kobold was too nimble for her to hit...

OOC:
Move: Shift to S 16
Minor: Mark kobold at R 14 (Javelin A) with Aegis of Assault
Standard: Attack Pike A with Booming Blade; +7 vs. AC= 13 (miss); roll Roll Lookup

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Initiative]
Shayla HP:20/20 Surges:6/6 (5) Def:16/12/10/17 SW:Unused Your Turn
Patronis HP:19/30 Surges:10/10 (7) Def:14/14/14/15 SW:Unused Concealment
Bricks HP:10/24 (Bloodied) Surges:7/7 (6) Def:16/17/13/12 SW:Unused
Chey HP:26/26 Surges:8/8 (6) Def:15/14/12/15 SW:Unused Concealment
Bren HP:29/29 Surges:14/14 (7) Def:20/15/16/14 SW:Unused
Piker A 19 Damage
Javelin B 24 Damage Bloodied
Miranna HP:29/29 Surges:10/10 (7) Def:19/15/13/15 SW:Unused
Javelin A 17 Damage 5 Temp HP [/sblock]

Miranna stepped forward to help Mr. Bricks before the kobolds swarmed him under. Crackling lightning leaped from her sword as she swung, wreathing one of the creatures in a momentary halo of glittering sparks. A faint rumble seemed to echo from her blade, but the pike-wielding kobold was too nimble for her to hit...

The kobold screeches and swats at the halo. It tries to impale Mr. Bricks, but it is too distracted to connect with its attack.

[sblock=actions]Standard: Attacks Mr. Bricks. Miss, because of the Aegis.
Move: none.
Minor: none.[/sblock]

Attachments

• JF_map1_2.jpg
    JF_map1_2.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 43

[sblock=Hanging in the tavern waiting to be introduced also]I'm still in as well, although I'm in a conference today through Friday and will be a bit off the grid. I have a couple corrections to be made to my character sheet which I'll try to get done today.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Is anyone actually using the inscribed shield you guys found here? Did you ever find out what it does?[/sblock]

[sblock=To the new recruits][sblock=ooc]Rather than split this up between this thread and the Hanged Man, I'm going to bring you up to speed here. Until your path crosses that of the primary group, I'd appreciate it if you could sblock your posts, so the battle doesn't become too hard to follow.[/sblock]
(Back in the Hanged Man)

The dragonborn sips his tea before addressing you again. "I am sure you will prove capable. Follow me." At that he puts down his drink and strides out the door, barely waiting for you to keep pace.

He leads you from the tavern and through the streets of Daunton, although he doesn't speak, or even turn to look at you, until you pass through the gates of the Kingdom of Jade embassy, which resembles a garrison more than anything else.

"I apologize if you find my behavior... impolite, but this is a matter of the utmost urgency," he says. Even now he walks quickly through the building. You see rooms and halls decorated with displays of ornate, but probably also quite serviceable, weapons and armor. However, your guide gives you little time to stop and appreciate the aesthetics. "I am sure you are familiar with my people's war against the Shadow. A few days ago we sent a number of volunteers to investigate strange occurrences around the village of Maoleth. Recently we at the embassy received a message from Magus Teshlyn that they would not be enough, and that it was required of us to recruit more of you."

He stops in front of a set of heavy doors. "Behind these doors are the means by which you will be traveling to our homeland. Once you arrive, it is unlikely that you will be allowed to return by the same method until your task is completed. If you have any questions, I will answer what I am permitted to. However, I know little more than what I have already told you."

He looks at you expectantly, clearly eager to send you on your way.
[/sblock]

[sblock=In Daunton]
Yishim is noticeably apprehensive. He'd stopped in for a drink and to see if he could discover anything more about the arcane society he'd heard of, and now here he is moments from appearing somewhere far from home in a war zone.

He bucks up, thrusts his shoulders wide, and says
Well, this is how all the great adventures start, isn't it Firete? A summons and an unexpected journey. I'm ready to go. But what awaits us on the other side, and how will we recognize those we are intended to help? Or do the good guys always wear white?. He chuckles at his own joke.

[sblock=OOC]I'm ready to go through the portal after the answer's given. By the way, what's the best way to format a stat block like what the other people have?[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
[sblock=In Daunton] Firete is a little apprehensive at the way they would be transported, but does not hesitate nonetheless.
Well Yishim, I wanted to get far away from here quickly before I could be found and I got my wish, folly as it may seem now. Let's meet whatever Fate has instore for us.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
OOC: what's the best way to format a stat block like what the other people have?
OOC: Quote this message and copy-paste mine into your signature, then edit it for your details ;)

[sblock=L4W:Cheysuli Sage]
Warlock (Fey) 1
Character Sheet, Character Picture
Initiative: +1
Senses: Low-light/ P-Perception: 11/ P-Insight: 16
HP: 26/ Bloodied: 13/ SurgeValue: 6/ Surges: 8
AC:15/ Fort:12/ Ref:14/ Will:15
Action Points: 0

Resist: Fire 5/ Speed:6
Alignment: Unaligned/ Languages: Allarian, Eladrin

Str=10(+0) Dex:12(+1) Wis:12(+1)
Con=14(+2) Int:16(+3) Cha:18(+4)