• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar seems sort of non-committal on the ideal of skulking around town, but doesn't oppose being near Mr. Bricks in case something does go wrong.
[sblock=ooc]
And with a stealth like that I'm sure it might

Brenwar will be nearby as to not attract attention to Mr. Bricks but otherwise doesn't try his hand at sneaking if it can be helped. He does leave the armor and his large shield at the sleeping area. However he keeps the hammer just in case.

[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
Anyone looking has no problem seeing mr bricks. Luckily the streets are empty except for the 2 dragonborn standing guard next to the gate leading into the walled section of gown. They are both looking directly at Bricks with puzzled looks on their faces.

rumleech

Explorer
Anyone looking has no problem seeing mr bricks. Luckily the streets are empty except for the 2 dragonborn standing guard next to the gate leading into the walled section of gown. They are both looking directly at Bricks with puzzled looks on their faces.

OOC

Time for a bluff methinks. I'll post it when I can make up a good one ;)

rumleech

Explorer
Thinking quickly, Mr Bricks runs up to the two guards and panting as though out of breath, "Did you see where he went? I think he went this way, " he says, pointing off to the left,"Little fella, looked a little koboldish, wouldn't you say?" This question addressed to Brenwar. "If you're quick, you might just catch him!"

[sblock=lying to the cops]
Bluff roll (1d20+7=25)
That's better![/sblock]

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16/Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 6/7
Action Points 0 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar not an experienced liar grunts and moves off to the left searching for this "kobold looking fellow". Once out of sight of the guards he waits for Mr. Bricks to make sure he gets by without any trouble.
[sblock]
I've got a test tomorrow so I won't be able to post till late afternoon so if I somehow hold things up just take over for me Mr. DM.
[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Patronis pulled up a chair and bore a hole into the paper that Cheysuli had drafted with a methodical stare.... there HAD to be SOME connection to what they had gathered.... something here MUST link with one another.... he sat long and hard staring deep into the paper for perhaps more meaning...

[sblock=Insight, History Rolls]1d20+6=19 (Insight), 1d20+7=18 (History)[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
As Mr. Bricks gestures wildly the guards look at him, and off in the direction he pointed, before bolting in that direction. The gate now stands unguarded but still firmly shut. A large keyhole rests in the center of the gate, near the seam of the door.

Brenwar stands just within site of the gate, able to see around the corner in the direction the guards went but also keep an eye on Mr. Bricks.

As Patronis pores over the documents one thing jumps out at him, prickling his flesh. The name of the bound demon raises instinctive hairs all over his body, and the letters sear into his eyes as he dredges his mind. Suddenly the knowledge hits him like a shock from within his soul; not a memory, but a sending. Almost as if an unwilling participant his lips begin to move, his voice grating and coarse compared to its usual tone, honeyed with the promise of pain beyond death.

Hello scarred one, you do not know me but I know you. Our bargain is written on your flesh, and sealed the day you dusted the old one. You were his gift to me, and I his gift to you.

This one you seek, the demon. His brood is one of undeath and shadows. His taint reaches into your land still. If he breaches the planar well located in the nearby keep he will once more unleash his minions on your plane and suck the essence of life from its inhabitants, one pitiful wailing soul at a time.

I remember the last rift, what a glorious event. Running rampant on the prime, tasting the blood of countless innocents. His priests always in their underground chapels, hiding beneath the dirt like a corpse awaiting its second life. As the script carved of your flesh binds you, so it binds me for now. When last Zal' Ekthees' minions roamed this stretch of prime, they did so beneath the cover of loam and stone, working in secret. What has once been, often will be again, it is the way of such things. Let this piece of history, plucked from a mind you cannot grasp guide you to them and let his minions kill you so I may suckle on your sweet marrow.

With a gasp Patronis wrenches his mouth shut, panting, sweat trickling down his brow, and he can feel small droplets of blood weeping from his scars, tracing his infernal pattern in blood across his scarred flesh. The crimson stain seeps from his skin, and into the fabric of his clothing, before suddenly vanishing as if nothing more then an illusion.

The air in the room feels charged, and the presence lingers in the air. As Patronis takes a few gasping breaths, the pungent smell of brimstone wafts through the room, and you both feel a strain on the walls between here and elsewhere.

[sblock=ooc] Thats another success for a total of 3 so far. I hope thats not too much liberty to take with you're story Rathan. Just seemed to fit the vibe ;)[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
[sblock=ooc]' ***king kickass man... LOL that was a rush to read.... fits with my background and his description.... this story gets better and better... love it![/sblock]

"what... am...I?" Patronis uttered softly as he went over everything this just involuntarily just spewed from his lips and quickly he came to the realization that this was part of his torture... part of his past and he would never escape it... he sighed softly as he closed his eyes and places his face his hands and rubbed his shut eyes a bit to shake off the feeling of being watched over.... soon he stood up and concentrated on the weave of arcana around him and this gods forsaken place to read what's written between the lines...

[sblock=Arcana Check] 1d20+7=17 to see if he can determine what direction if any he can trace the brimstone smell and the feeling of a demonic presence nearby....[/sblock]

Last edited:

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I haven't really felt much a part of this coming in late and I don't mind, I've enjoyed reading it, but after that I just gotta say WOW, GREAT story so far![/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Sorry what was that? I can't quite hear you over the sound of how awesome I am! :p hahahaha I saw a great picture of Captain Kirk with that as a quote, I definitely use that as a real life quote all the time. Glad you guys like things so far, and it's ok Mala, you're still around, your just not doin much at this moment. Everyone gets to shine eventually.[/sblock]

The taint of brimstone seem to drift out the window and in a vaguely northward direction. But your senses, already finely attuned to the barriers seperating you from your infernal masters note that the wall between planes seems stretched thin in this entire area. A sense of wrongness just tickles the edges of your senses, pulsing like the vile heart of some giant beast.

The presence itself is gone, although you can feel it lingering not in the air around you, but the blood coursing through your veins. For a moment you were the conduit, and the weak planar walls merely a rung on the ladder the beats climbed up from the hells.

[sblock=ooc] I've always been a fan of non-standard skill use for storytelling, so if you notice that sometimes I go a bit off book, thats why. I always hated saying "no your skill that you've proudly dumped points into does nothing for you in 80% of situations. It's one thing I love about DM'ing, within reason if I wanna do it I can.[/sblock]

Remove ads