• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Last Gods OOC - The Candlelight Avengers

D20Dazza

Explorer
Ferrix said:
Who wrote this adventure might I ask?

Mr Kevin Wilson, for Alderac Entertainment Group (AEG)

Whether it's this Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson, an Australian comic, or not, could be up for debate. :D

And to understand me better I highly recommend this slang list (warning not for the feint hearted), highly recommended reading for anyone interacting with an Aussie.

BTW, GO THE SOCCEROOS (Aussies V Croatia tomorrow (5AM here) for a spot in the second round of the World Cup)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
D20Dazza said:
Agreed. It would be the easiest. Unless there is any violent objection we'll go with that. After all, it looks like it should just be a case of getting past Wayfickle and you'll be back in charge of your own bodies, and have your magic back ;)
Well, I didn't get hit by it, so I don't mind, but it doesn't make any sense--to keep the classes abilities they now are supposed to have, many of the characters would be forced to change their personalities. And to keep the new mental stats too (what if Jharvym had wound up with high Charisma and low Wisdom, like Athear?).

As for our friend Kevin Wilson, I found this comment, "The Last Gods fails to entertain, though if you are new to gaming or not that concerned about the suspense of disbelief a module should generate, then this can be a fun, almost camp little one-night adventure. Just be ready to watch your players get ugly on you when they find out the kind of hoops they'll have to jump through to fulfill the requirements of the mishmash ot traps and tricks."

Should be fun though (I like trainwreck adventures because they're funny!), and those guys in the other game must really be saints then :D

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Well, I didn't get hit by it, so I don't mind, but it doesn't make any sense--to keep the classes abilities they now are supposed to have, many of the characters would be forced to change their personalities. And to keep the new mental stats too (what if Jharvym had wound up with high Charisma and low Wisdom, like Athear?).
I think the issue is more that more people get hosed the other way. As Damien/Kori, I'm useless if I keep all class abilities and feats but swap body and physical skills, because Kori isn't equiped to handle combat in any way physicaly, and I can't cast things mentaly. While casters can at least take off armor, non-casters are sorta stuck.

I'm supprised it didn't mention what happens, though based on your other comments, this could be... different.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I think the issue is more that more people get hosed the other way. As Damien/Kori, I'm useless if I keep all class abilities and feats but swap body and physical skills, because Kori isn't equiped to handle combat in any way physicaly, and I can't cast things mentaly. While casters can at least take off armor, non-casters are sorta stuck.

I'm supprised it didn't mention what happens, though based on your other comments, this could be... different.
The issue is that really what is happening isn't even that the characters change--some are going to be forced to adopt the other person's personality to keep the new powers. Wilson is just looking for an excuse to force a metagame switch where the players play a different character without changing the mechanics. I guess this worked better in 2nd edition where low stats didn't really stop you from killing things as long as you had your class abilities (some fun 2nd edition modules had a mind swap part).

Lord_Raven88

First Post
D20Dazza said:
Mr Kevin Wilson, for Alderac Entertainment Group (AEG)

Whether it's this Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson, an Australian comic, or not, could be up for debate. :D

And to understand me better I highly recommend this slang list (warning not for the feint hearted), highly recommended reading for anyone interacting with an Aussie.

BTW, GO THE SOCCEROOS (Aussies V Croatia tomorrow (5AM here) for a spot in the second round of the World Cup)
[pompus]For those interested souls out their Aussies and Kiwis share many vernacular idoims in common[/pompus] although getting our accents confused with one another is a definite no no.

Streuth Mate pull your head in, before I give you a marmite sandwich (Marmite is an evil tasting spread, which looks and taste like horse poos :D )

BTW Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson is very very funny

D20Dazza

Explorer
Lord_Raven88 said:
Streuth Mate pull your head in, before I give you a marmite sandwich (Marmite is an evil tasting spread, which looks and taste like horse poos :D )
Vegemite mate, vegemite ;)

If anyone has read Terry Pratchett's The Last Continent there is an excellent desciption of vegemite in it. Rincewind inadvertently makes it when he boils some bush stew dry.

Guys, I'm going away for work until next Thursday and won't have any net access so I'll have to put this on hold for a few days. I'll try and get something up over the weekend though, real life game tonight but.

Apologies

Cheers

Daz

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dazza, when you get a chance, does Kori recognize what kind of creature the guardian is? And if it has any quirks or weaknesses, physical, mental, or pyschological?

Last edited:

Remove ads