D&D 5E The Light of Civilization - A 5e Renaissance Story [OOC]

Jago

Explorer
Hm. If Arcata spiffs the Absorb Elements spell to half the fire damage, would that keep her awake from Sleep? Or mean that the Sleep fails to affect Magdelena?

Also, I may be wrong, but I think only melee attacks can be made nonlethal...

Absorb Elements would still have you both going under. You could use Shield to negate the damage you suffered, and in that case only Arcata would go down: The Magdalena would still be awake. Your call.

As to the Non-Lethal Magic thing, call it a house rule for now. I'd imagine spells like Shatter or Magic Missile can be adjusted to not put major holes in people.

However, the PHB does say it must be a Melee Attack, so I'll say this is just a one time thing if you want to use it.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, well I would totally have sheilded then (this is why I need to see your attack rolls on me :)).

So Maggie's up.

As for nonlethal...Arcata's still pretty softhearted. If it's possible to make it nonlethal, she would.

Jago

Explorer
Okay, well I would totally have sheilded then (this is why I need to see your attack rolls on me :)).

So Maggie's up.

As for nonlethal...Arcata's still pretty softhearted. If it's possible to make it nonlethal, she would.

I'll make the damage nonlethal and edit my post to reflect the usage of Shield, the new damage, and that The Magdalena is awake.

In the future, if I just note where the Shield bonus would cause an attack to miss, would that be acceptable?

Positioning question, can I avoid hitting allies with a thunderwave? If I can't get more than 1 of the mages in the area then let me know. I think I can get the leader and the flame casting guy without hitting anyone else but want to confirm.

Jago

Explorer
Positioning-wise, with the way everyone has moved to attack currently (engaged with enemy mages), you wouldn't be able to hit more than 1 mage without also hitting an ally

Jago

Explorer
I'm dying to mosquitos in another game due to the same exact problem: I swear it gets stuck on low rolls sometimes.

Also, just a minor bit, but the fire-casting mage is a woman, not a man.

Remove ads