The New Original Creations Thread (Major Update 6/10)

ShadowyFigure

First Post
Drow

Drow have the following racial abilities.

Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence
Size: Medium
Speed: 7 squares
Vision: Dark vision 12 Squares
Languages: Common, Elven, Under common, Drow Sign
Skill Bonuses: +2 Stealth, +2 Perception

Bite of the Spider Queen
Drow Racial Power
The drows blade became covered in a dark purple aura paralyzing the foes he cut.
Encounter ✦ Free Action Personal
Effect: The next attack you make with your current drawn weapon if it hits immobilizes your target until the end of your next turn. If the attack misses the effects of this power are wasted.
Sun Elves of Evermeet [Elf]
Prerequisite: Elf or Half-Elf?, 1st level?
Benefit: This feat may only be taken at 1st level, instead of receiving a +2 bonus to Wisdom you receive the same bonus to Intelligence instead. You may also select an additional at-will power from the wizard class instead of having the Elven Precision racial power. This chosen power treated as an Encounter Power.
Wood Elf [Elf]
Prerequisite: Elf or Half-Elf?, 1st level?
Benefit: Instead of receiving a +2 bonus to Wisdom you receive the same bonus to Strength instead. You may also select an At-Will power from the fighter class in place of the Elven Precision Racial Power. This chosen power is treated as an Encounter Power.
Twin Sword Style [Elf]
Prerequisite: Elf or Half-Elf?, Two Weapon Fighting?
Benefit: A target hit by your attack while using the two Weapon Fighting Feat is considered marked. Your receive a +2 Bonus to AC against target you have marked with this feat. Marking another target supersedes the first mark.
Mind Over Body
Tier: Heroic
Prerequisite: Int 10
Benefit: At 1st level instead of adding your constitution score to you hit points add your intelligence score. You may also add your intelligence modifier instead of your constitution modifier when working out your daily healing surges.

Drow, some elf racial feats and a heroic tier feat.

Last edited:

malcolm_n

Adventurer
those all look like great alternatives.. Your mind over body reminds of Holistic Solipsism, which happens to be the belief that if I didn't see it happen to me, it didn't. Just a cool little fact I learned from White Wolf.
Does anybody know how to display the count for the links? VB had them on the original, but I can't figure them out.

ShadowyFigure

First Post
malcom if your interested i'll happily put all of my stuff in that I make into a pdf that you can be welcome to put in the links in the first post. I currently only have the stuff in the attachment below put into a pdf.

Attachments

• Shadowy Figures Homebrew stuff.pdf
    122.4 KB · Views: 382

VBMEW-01

First Post
The post number (top of each post above join date) is a link to the post in stand-alone mode. You can hyperlink to it in the same way as any other URL ( right click it and get the address for the link)

Awesome stuff going on here, I'm working on some things to contribute.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
awesome, thanks folks. Oh, here's a paragon path I've worked on. I'm putting it in it's own thread too so others can critique.

TATTOOED MONK PARAGON PATH
Credit: Malcolm_N (EnWorld Member)
These sigils across my chest mean more to me than the life’s blood which flows through my body.
Prerequisite: Monk

Signature Tattoo (11th level): Pick one of the following: You gain the benefits described
Animal – +1 bonus to Attacks and Damage
Elements – Your attacks may deal damage of the energy type of your choice
Moon – Low-light Vision (or +2 perception at night)
Plants – When in a natural setting, once per encounter, you may teleport up to your speed as a move action.
Sun – For one round per encounter, you have cover against creatures who can see you.

Hidden Lotus Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you may use Stealth to hide before or after the action with a +5 bonus. You have combat advantage against targets you are hidden from.

Otherworldly Tattoo (16th level): Pick another Signature Tattoo; you can pick the same tattoo again and the benefits stack when applicable. Also, pick one of the following: You gain the benefits described.
Crane – You no longer age or suffer the penalties thereof. If an effect would age you, you are immune.
Dragon – You gain a +20 to Jump and, once per encounter, you may use the dragonborn racial breath weapon. This use stacks.
Phoenix – Once per day, if you would die as the result of an attack, you may ignore the damage.
Sage – While not wearing armor, you gain a bonus to all defenses equal to your Wisdom modifier.
Scion – Your damage dice for all attacks increase by one size category (d6, d8, d10, 2d6, etc…).

Tattoed Monk Powers

CHERRY PICKING TECHNIQUE Tattooed Monk Attack 11
A series of small attacks leaves your target in pain longer than one strong strike.
Encounter Ki
Immediate Reaction Melee
Effect: If you would deal damage on a successful hit, you may instead deal half the total immediately and the rest becomes ongoing damage (save ends).

CROUCHING TIGER Tattooed Monk Utility 12
You position yourself and ready for the perfect opportunity to strike.
Encounter Ki, Stance
Minor Action Personal
Effect: While in this stance, your attacks deal +2 damage. You may end this effect as a free action to make a basic attack with a +2 to hit and +Wis damage.

SACRED AVATAR TECHNIQUE Tattooed Monk Attack 20
Daily Ki, Conjuration
Standard Action Personal
Effect: You conjure a spectral duplicate of yourself, with ½ your current HP. While the avatar is alive, you threaten one additional 5 ft. square of your choice within one move of you as though you were standing there. Attacks you make always target at least one separate enemy from a square you threaten and deal identical damage.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Okay, updates completed on the Powers OCC. However, Shadowy figure, can you please clarify this for me? This is how it's written now.

ONE-TWO Fighter Utility 2
He struck me then quickly moved back out of reach of my counter attack.
Encounter Martial, Melee
Immediate Personal
Requirement: Spear
Effect: Shift up to half your movement speed and hitting with an attack

WhatGravitas

Explorer
A fighter power - they need some love after creating so many wizard powers. Also: I wanted an At-Will power, where you really have fun, if you're using it more often!

Whirling Cascade
At-Will * Martial, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee
Target: One creature (see below)
Attack: Melee vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage.
At 21st level, increase the damage to 2[W]+Str damage.
Special: If you used whirling cascade in the last round, the number of targets is instead equal to the number of targets last round plus one.

Cheers, LT.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Lord Tirian said:
A fighter power - they need some love after creating so many wizard powers. Also: I wanted an At-Will power, where you really have fun, if you're using it more often!

Whirling Cascade
At-Will * Martial, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee
Target: One creature (see below)
Attack: Melee vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage.
At 21st level, increase the damage to 2[W]+Str damage.
Special: If you used whirling cascade in the last round, the number of targets is instead equal to the number of targets last round plus one.

Cheers, LT.

I like this a lot. I dunno why, it just feels good

malcolm_n

Adventurer
agreed. I'm almost done with a Paragon paths occ I've made for Paths specific to phb I material. PHB II paths will be with the classes we've drawn up in that specific source, and new paths entirely will also be combined with their classes. That said, I'm actually combing through and writing out some paths for what we have now to help keep things uniform. Lots of fun.
Finally, still updating what we have atm, since the rest was finished I'm just adjusting things and reposting them with stuff I've added (posting that here for purview as well)

Remove ads