The New Original Creations Thread (Major Update 6/10)

malcolm_n

Adventurer
those were copy/pastes. I've got them corrected now. Thank you for the spot.

Also, anybody here have an opinion on these? Should I try to spruce them up more? Are the pictures okay? Feedback is as big a part of this as the creations themselves. If it's fine, that's awesome, I'd just like to make sure I'm not stepping on toes or completely missing something.

Lord_Psathus

First Post
Just jumping in to make a contribution, a warlock paragon path known as the 'Dark Templar', which is designed to make the warlock a feasible melee combatant.

The Dark Templar

Prerequisite: Ability to use Warlock's Curse.

Shadow Surge (11th): When you spend an action point, you may teleport up to 3 squares before or after using the action point action.

Eldritch Warrior (11th): Your ranged warlock powers may now be used in melee range. When used in such a fashion, they deal an additional 1d6 damage.

Ephemreal Shield (11th): While unarmored, you may add your charisma modifier as a bonus to your armor class.

Boundless Darkness (16th): As a move action, you may teleport adjacent to the target you have currently cursed.

Twilight Assault Dark Templar Attack 11
In an instant, you send a bolt of dark energy to strike right into your foe, your incorporeal form trailing right behind it. As it connects, you materialize, prepared for battle.
Encounter, Arcane, Implement
Minor Action Range 10
Target: One enemy within range.
Attack: Charisma vs. Ref

Hit: 1d10 + Charisma modifier damage, and you may teleport adjacent to the target.
Special: If your target is cursed, you deal 2d10 + Charisma modifier damage.

Leaping Darkness Dark Templar Utility 12
You are one with the darkness, and may use it to quickly warp to areas near you without thought.
Encounter, Arcane, Stance
Minor Action Personal

Effect: At the start or end of your turn, if you are capable of moving, you may teleport 1 square.

Twilight Soul Ruin Dark Templar Attack 20

Daily, Arcane, Implement
Standard Action Range: Melee
Special: Before or after making this attack, you may teleport 1 square per charisma modifier.
Target: One creature
Attack: Charisma vs. Ref

Hit: 3d10 + Charisma and you may shift the target 1 square per charisma modifier you possess. At the end of this movement, your target is prone.

Effect: You may take an extra move, standard or minor action this round.

I know the names aren't the best...but it seems like it might be a fun character concept to play, a melee warlock with tons of maneuverability just seems right to me.

ShadowyFigure

First Post
malcolm_n said:
those were copy/pastes. I've got them corrected now. Thank you for the spot.

Also, anybody here have an opinion on these? Should I try to spruce them up more? Are the pictures okay? Feedback is as big a part of this as the creations themselves. If it's fine, that's awesome, I'd just like to make sure I'm not stepping on toes or completely missing something.

It looks great, though the FF7 stuff in races threw me at first. It looks nice and is easy to read.

In all. Good Job.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
updats to Feats, Powers, Epic Destinies, and Updated Classes. I have the updates slated for tuesday to add what was placed on the old thread as well as other various options presented recently.

jonjorgensen

First Post
QUICKLING
Quickings are wicked and wild fey that kill other creatures for food, treasure, or sport. They like to set ambushes and outwit enemies, and they frequently ally with other creatures that share their desires. If their escapades enrage an adversary too strong to overcome, quicklings have no problem fleeing in a chorus of nerve grating laughter, leaving their so-called allies to fend for themselves.

RACIAL TRAITS
Average Height: 3´ 10˝–4´ 2˝
Average Weight: 75–85 lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom
Size: Small
Speed: 10 squares, climb 6
Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, choice of one other
Skill Bonuses: +2 Acrobatics, +2 Athletics
Light Build: Quicklings cannot wear heavy armour without sacrificing their speed.
-4 to move in anything but light armour.
Nimble Reaction: You gain a +2 racial bonus to AC
against opportunity attacks.

Quick Cuts Quickling Racial Power
Moving faster than the eye, the quickly slashes at its enemies as it darts past them..
Daily * Minor Action * Basic Melee (light)
Attack: Dex - 2 vs. AC
Damage: Weapon (light only)
Effect: The quickling moves its speed. At any two points during its move,
the quickling makes a melee basic attack at a –2 penalty. The
quickling cannot use this power while immobilized or slowed. At 11th level
the attack is (2) Weapon damage, and at 20th level (3) Weapon damage.

Racial Feats:

Improved Quick Cuts
*Quickling only Improve the Quick Cuts from daily to encounter and remove the -2 penalty.
Tier: Heroic

Blinding Quick Cuts
*Quickling only Improve the Quick Cuts from encounter to at-will and add +2 to hit.
Tier: Paragon

Thri-Kreen
Mantis-like desert nomads with an alien perspective.

Racial Traits:
Average Height: 6’-7’2”
Average Weight: 125-250 lbs.
Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity
Size: Medium
Speed: 8 squares
Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Thri-Kreen
Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Perception, Proficiency Gythka, Chatka
Special: May not wear normal armor, must have all armor custom made.

Multi-Limbed: Thri-kreen have six limbs: two are used as legs, two are primary arms, and two are secondary arms. The thri-kreen gains +1 to AC when wielding two weapons, and changing/drawing weapons and retrieving/stowing items are free actions for the thri-kreen. They may carry an item in all four arms, but are still limited to one attack per round unless they have a power that changes this.

Trance: Thri-kreen need only 4 hours of rest during an extended rest. During this time, they remain partially aware of their surroundings, taking a -5 penalty on Perception tests.

Poisonous Bite * Thri-Kreen Racial Power
While they usually rely on weapons, the thri-kreen also has a poisonous bite.
Encounter * Minor Action * Poison
Attack: STR+2 vs. AC
Damage: 1d4+STR
Effect: The thri-kreen makes a bite attack in addition to its other attacks. In addition to damage, the target takes ongoing 2 poison damage (save ends). At 11th level this increases to STR+4 and 2d4+STR damage, and at 21st level it increases to STR+6 and 3d4+STR damage.

Racial Feats:

Crystal Gland
*Thri-Kreen only By sacrificing its ability to use the poison in its bite attack, the Thri-Kreen can generate a sticky substance that hardens in 24 hours to the strength of steel. During the 24 hour time the Crystal can be shaped into any form the Thr-Kreen chooses. The amount generated is enough to create a small dagger or Chatka, the substance cannot be maintained in its glue form.
Making larger items takes building the item in stages, and the Thri-Kreen can only generate his CON bonus in days each month.

Thri-Kreen Equipment:

Weapon Prof. Damage Range Price Weight Group Properties
Gythka +2 1d6 6/12 NA 1lbs Light Blade One-Handed, thown
Chatka +2 2d4 - NA 5lbs Pole Arm Two- HandedReach

Half Celestial
A race of divinely touched beings that move through the world preaching goodness and grace.

Racial Traits:
Average Height: 6􏰀 0˝ – 6􏰀 5˝
Average Weight: 140–190 lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom
Speed: 6 squares, fly 4 squares (see below)
Vision: darkvision
Languages: Common, Supernal
Skill Bonuses: +2 Heal

Whirlwind Charge: Half-Celestail Racial Power
Charging into the foe, the divine rage pours forth in a torrent of blind power striking each of the celestials adversaries.
Encounter* free action *Melee Basic
Target: enemies within reach
Effect: When a half-celestail charges an enemy, it can make an additional
attack against each enemy within its reach at the end of its charge.

Clumsy Flying: Half-Celestial Racial Ability
While gifted with beautiful white wings, the Half-Celestial is not the most gifted flyer.
Effect: Fly 4 squares. A clumsy flier takes a –4 penalty to attack
rolls and defenses while flying. This creature is ill-suited to
flying in the air.
Sustain Minor: So long as you sustain this power you remain in
flight, and you can continue to use move actions to fly 4 spaces
(or shift in mid-air).

Ogre
Average Height: 7􏰀 0˝ – 9􏰀 5˝
Average Weight: 210–290 lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Strength +2 Constitution
Size: Large
Reach: 2 (nonthreatening)
Vision: normal
Languages: Common, goblin
Skill Bonuses: +2 Intimidate

Tough Hide: Ogre Racial Bonus Feat
The skin of the ogre can be likened to that our heavy leather.
Effect: Toughness bonus feat at 1st level

Medusa
Average Height: 5˝ – 6􏰀 5˝
Average Weight: 110–190 lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Cha +2 Dex
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: normal
Languages: Common
Skill Bonuses: none
Special: Resist 5 poison, raise to 10 at 11th level

Snaky Hair Medusa Racial Power
Writhing tendrils of vicious vipers sprout from the head of the Medusa
At-Will
Melee Basic
Effect: Poison 1d6 damage, and the target takes ongoing 2
poison damage and takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude defense (save
ends both).

Petrifying Gaze Medusa Racial Power
The eyes of the Medusa sparkle with a baleful light, those that stare into them find their bodies turned to stone.
Encounter
Target: Close blast 3; blind creatures are immune
Effect: Cha vs. Fortitude; the target is slowed (save ends). First Failed Save: The target is
immobilized instead of slowed (save ends). Second Failed Save:
The target is petrified (no save).

Racial Feats:

Improve Snake Venom
*Medusa only Raise ongoing damage of Snaky Hair damage to 5

Petrifying Glare
*Medusa only Increase blast 3 of Petrifying Gaze to blast 5

Illithid
Average Height: 5´ 6˝–6´ 2˝
Average Weight: 135–220 lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Wis, +2 Int
Languages: Common, choice of one other
Skills: +2 History, +2 Arcana

Tentacle Attacks
Flailing tentacles around a toothy maw reach out to grasp those within reach.
Tentacle Attacks Illithid Racial Power
At-will, standard action
Melee Basic
Target: one enemy within reach
Effect: melee att vs. AC; 1d6 + DEX damage, and the target is grabbed (until
escape).

Bore Into Brain
With needle like teeth, the Illithid tears into the skull and brain of the unfortunate victim.
Bore into Brain Illithid Racial Power
At-will, standard action
Melee Basic
Target: enemies grabbed
Effect: Grabbed or stunned target only; Str vs Fort; 1d6 + STR
damage, and the target is dazed (save ends). Raise to 2d6 + STR at 10th lvl, and 3d6 + STR at 20th.
If this power reduces the target to 0 hit points or fewer, the mind flayer devours its
brain, killing the target instantly.

Racial Feat

Mind Blast
*Illithid only *10th level or higher Gain Mind Blast feat.

Mind Blast
Encounter, standard action
Psychic
Target: Close Blast 5
Effect: mind flayers and their thralls are immune; Cha
vs. Will; 2d8 + WIS psychic damage, and the target is dazed (save
ends). Raise to 3d8 + WIS at 20th.
Miss: Half damage, and the target is not dazed.

Cyclops
I got a big eye. See. Here in my forehead. Ow. I just poked myself in the eye. This one. The one in my forehead. Ow. I just poked myself in the forehead.
Average Height: 9􏰀 0˝ – 9􏰀 5˝
Average Weight: 410 – 590 lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Strength +2 Constitution
Size: Large
Reach: 2 (nonthreatening)
Vision: truesight 6, the cyclops can see through illusions within 6 squares automatically.
Languages: Common,

Evil Eye
With unerring precision and speed, the Cyclops surges forward brining his weapon around and striking his adversary.
At-Will, immediate reaction when attack misses the cyclops
Melee Basic
Effect: The cyclops guard makes a melee basic attack against the attacker.

Empyreal
Descended from angels trapped on the earthly plane after the murder of their Deity during the great rebellion.

PHYSICAL QUALITIES
Average Height: 5’ 10”‐6’ 10”
Average Weight: 160 lbs‐260 lbs.
Empyreals’ bearing testify to their celestial heritage.
They have strong ascetic features, eyes with gold pupils, skin color ranges from pale to midnight blue and hair of lighter colors, blondes, reds, silver or sometimes black; light enough to form a cloud about their head when dry. They are generally tall and have a slender to athletic build.
Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma
Skill Bonuses: +2 Diplomacy, +2 Perception
Angelic Aura: Attacks against you take a –1 penalty until you are bloodied.
Radiant Resistance: You have resist radiant 5 + one-half your level.

EMPYREAL RACIAL POWERS

Radiant Blade
When you are bloodied your weapon flares with a cobalt light.
At Will ✦ Radiant
Minor Action (usable only while bloodied)
Target: One target
Attack: (Wisdom bonus) vs. Reflex
Hit: b +4 radiant damage until the start of your next turn.

Angelic Flare
A flash of cerulean light envelops your foes, leaving them dazed.
Encounter ✦ Radiant
Standard Action Close Burst 1
Target: Each foe in area of burst
Attack: (Wisdom bonus) vs. Fortitude
Effect: 1d8 radiant + (wisdom bonus) damage to all creatures in the burst area and they are dazed until the end of your next turn.
Miss: Half damage and the creatures are not dazed.

Celestial Sense
Your celestial nature gives your allies insight into your foes actions.
Encounter ✦
Minor Action Burst 5
Target: All allies in area
Effect: All allies in the 5 square burst area gain a +1 bonus to Perception.

EMPYREAL RACIAL FEATS

Angelic Heart: Your angelic heritage gives you immunity to the Fear effect.

Resistance: you develop resistance 5 to a specific form of energy attack; this can be taken more than once for different types of energy attacks.

Astral Trek: You are able to enter the Astral Sea, you gain the insubstantial condition until the end of your next turn

Wings: you grow a pair of white feathered wings, Fly: Move +2 (Good)

Moogle
It’s a friggin’ balloon, that looks like a cat with wings. Why is it crackling with death dealing energy? – Last words of Randal

Average Height: 2􏰀 0˝ – 3􏰀 5˝
Average Weight: 30 – 90 lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Charisma +2 Dexderity
Speed: 5 squares
Vision: Normal.
Languages: Common, Choose one other
Skill Bonus: +2 Diplomacy, +2 Insight
Group Insight: All allies within 10 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to Insight checks.
Winged Shift: Ignore difficult terrain when you shift.

Mog Wings (Moogle Racial Power)
You flap the small bat wings on your back, and surprisingly, they lift you up into the air.
Encounter * Flight
Move Action Personal
Effect: Fly up to 4 squares. If you do not land, you remain in flight until the beginning of your next turn.
Sustain Minor: So long as you sustain this power you remain in flight, and you can continue to use move actions to fly 4 spaces (or shift in mid-air). You can sustain this power with a successful saving throw (which is made at the minor action used to sustain this power). Failure results in an immediate fall to the ground.
Special: Heavy armor gives you a penalty to the sustaining saving throw equal to it's movement penalty.

Rakshasa
Rakshasas are clever, malicious, and sophisticated. Although rakshasas come in many
varieties, they all share some common traits, namely their feline heads, backward claws, and taste for luxury.
Rakshasas often conceal their true appearance, using illusion magic to adopt whatever disguises serve them best. They
typically masquerade as nobles or wealthy merchants, lying and manipulating other creatures into doing their bidding.
A rakshasa has the head of a feline predator, usually a tiger, as well as a luxurious coat of fur and clawed hands. It is clothed in fine attire and expensive jewelry. A closer look at a rakshasa reveals that the palms of its hands are where the backs of the hands would be on a human—a subtle feature that adds to the creature’s unsettling appearance.

Average Height: 5􏰀 0˝ – 6􏰀 5˝
Average Weight: 230 – 390 lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Strengthy +2 Intelligence
Vision: Low-light.
Languages: Common, Choose one other
Skill Bonus: +2 Bluff, +2 Climb

Claw * Rakshasa Racial Ability
While they usually rely on weapons, the Rakshasa also has vicious claws.
At-will * Basic Melee
Attack: STR vs. AC
Damage: 1d6+STR
Effect: The Rakshasa makes a bite attack in addition to its other attacks. In addition to damage, the target takes ongoing 2 poison damage (save ends). At 11th level this increases to STR+2 and 2d6+STR damage, and at 21st level it increases to STR+4 and 3d6+STR damage.

Decptive Veil *Rakshasa Racial Power
You wrap the power of illusion around you to reveal an ordinary man walking down an ordinary street.
Encounter * Arcane
Move Action Personal
Effect: The rakshasa can disguise itself to appear as any Medium humanoid. A successful Insight check (opposed by the rakshasa’s Bluff check) pierces the disguise. The effect lasts until dispelled or the creature is knocked unconcious.

jonjorgensen

First Post
for a terry pratchette fan i know

Pictsie (Fey)
Racial Traits:
Average Height: .5’ – 1’
Average Weight: 4 – 5 lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution
Speed: 7 squares
Vision: low light
Skill Bonuses: +2 Endurance
Oi’m Bigger Den I Look!: Pictsies do not suffer unduly from their size and are can use two handed weapons as if the Pictsie were medium sized.
Cast-Iron Stomach: +5 racial bonus to saving throws against poison.

Drunken Rage: Pictsie Racial Ability
Even a thimble full of strong liquor is enough to put a Pictsie in a state. Once there, they have been known to chew a man’s face off, or even smash down castle walls in their furor.
Effect: +4 to Strength checks and Damage rolls and must continue to attack nearest foe, or offending target, until all are slain. At end of combat, Pictsie must make save Will vs Fort (his own) or attack a party member. Each round the Picstie my attempt to save again.
Special: To attain this state, the Pictsie must imbibe a thimble of VERY strong drink. The affect last for 1 min, and may be extended by continued imbibing. Once the affect abates, the Pictsie becomes comatose for (1 + number of thimbles drunk) in hours.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Sorry guys, took a couple days to myself. I'm back though, and already have the recent info in my workbook to format and place within the OCC's. No update this week, but I will have a larger one next week to make up. *EDIT* I almost forgot, I have updated any of my own creations.

Also, with the books out real fast here, I'll be updating frequently enough. If anybody who has contributed wants to update their stuff with the actual rules, please post a link or something to those updates here. Starting with the next update, if something isn't updated for at least 2 weeks (updates), I'll review it and mark it
- a) Finished version
- b) Defunct

Defunct won't remove your work, but it will be placed at the end of the file for anybody who wants to pick it up and add anything (new work credits updating person while the rest remains your idea).

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Thx, it's kinda become my thing when i'm not with the family/wow. I've always loved design, but 4e and the original thread for this really spurred me to make a real attempt at it. In addition, I'll guiltily admit to being a bit of a perfectionist (shame on me, i know) so adding stuff and helping update it is also fun.

Remove ads