The New Original Creations Thread (Major Update 6/10)

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Just been busy with the family, mother's day and all. been working on getting the newer thread stuff in; should actually be up to date with it all again on Tuesday. I hope the new epic destiny information spurs some of our nascent designers to action. As it is, I'll be working feverishly on a couple myself :)

ShadowyFigure

First Post
Improved Unarmed Strike

Tier: Heroic
Prerequisites: None
Benefit: Your Unarmed Strikes deal Lethal Damage and you increase there damage by one die. For example this would mean if your unarmed strikes did 1d4 damage they would raise to 1d6.
Special: A Character who has this feat treats there Unarmed Strikes as normal weapons and so you receive a +2 to attack bonus when using them. A rogue may treat an Unarmed Strike as a light blade and treats it as an accurate weapon, receiving a +3 bonus to attacks instead of +2.

Greater Unarmed Strike

Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike
Benefit: Increase the damage of your unarmed strike by one die. For example you would increase 1d4 to 1d6 or 1d6 to 1d8 and so on.

Superior Unarmed Strike

Prerequisites: Greater Unarmed Strike
Benefit/s: You increase your unarmed strike damage by one die. This means if your unarmed strike damage was 1d4 you would increase it to 1d6.

ianleblanc

First Post
I've posted this elsewhere, but I think it should be included here.

Presenting the Generic 4e Tent-Sheet!

This 4e ‘reference screen’ provides players ‘need to know’ information on their powers, while offering the DM helpful player statistics. Now that combat actively uses a multitude of defenses and that passive skill checks are the norm, it is only natural to keep that information up front and center so that everyone can see it. Tent Sheets help maintain uninterrupted cinematic combat with concise ‘need to know’ information that maintain the 4e ‘minimalist feel’. No clutter, just the important stats that guarantee faster and better game play.

I was inspired by Firebeetles 3e Quick-Sheets, I would thus like to give him credit for the inspiration. I’m offering this as donation-ware and encourage all those who enjoy this ‘Tent Sheet’ to help support Unicef. Let’s give the world a hand before siting down to play.

http://www.supportunicef.org

Enjoy!

Ian

Attachments

• Tent-Sheets.pdf
    139.9 KB · Views: 217

malcolm_n

Adventurer
TY for the sheet idea. I'll get it on the front.

Whew, busy work lol. Okay, I've combed the 4 pages on this forum and grabbed what's available for compilation. I should have it up by next tuesday. This week's updates include new powers and the PHB classes (haven't quite posted that one, but about to in the morning after sleep.) Yes, sleep good... :)

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Added Options OCC and updated Powers OCC based on the Power ideas from the original Options OCC (if that makes sense to you, I want to shake your hand lol). Anyway, Also put the tent sheet up, and working to get the rest updated.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
HUGE UPDATE INCOMING :D

That is, unless the WotC boards shoots down my offer. I was gonna bring them in since more and more people are posting there with original ideas instead. Granted, I'll be looking for redundancy and ignore posts there which are just duplicates from here. :) Anyway, this should give plenty of life to the compilations and hopefully get us well prepared to make fixes/changes when we get complete rules.

mrrodgers

First Post
Wow, I just realized how inactive I've been...

Anyway, I thought I'd try my hand at encounter design. It's not quite finished yet, but I'll give you guys the read-aloud text and a stat block.

Encounter in the Workshop[350XP]
As the PCs enter the room, read: You burst/slip* through the large double doors into a large curved workshop. Against a bright light on one of the workbenches you are able to make out the shadow forms of two men, one slightly shorter and squater than the other. **They both look up as you enter the room.** The taller one presses a large red gem built into the work bench, producing a moderately high-pitched whine. Several machines come whirring out of small alcoves built into the walls, each with a small weapon mounted on it. Three of them are armed with crossbows and another three come swinging serrated blades. The two artificers pull repeating crossbows from racks underneath the workbench.

*use the word appropriate to the PCs' approach
**If the PCs elected to enter stealthily, read this instead: Absorbed in their work, the artificers do not notice your approach. When you are about 15 feet away, *name of clumsiest PC* suddenly trips over an unfinished machine. Looking around for the source of the disruption, the two men notice you. and continue with the whole battle preparations stuff.

Micro-bot (Crossbow) Level 1 Minion
Tiny Construct XP 25
HP A minion dies when hit by an attack that deals damage.
Initiative +2 Senses Perception +1
AC 14 Fort 18 Ref 12 Will 9
Speed 4
R Mini-crossbow (standard, at-will) * Weapon
+3 vs. AC, 5 damage
R Team Shot (standard, at-will) * Weapon
+3 vs. AC, 2 damage +1 damage for every adjacent Micro-bot (crossbow)
Group shot
The micro-bot does not receive attack roll penalties when shooting past an ally.
Skills Acrobatics +3 Perception +2 Athletics +3
Str 10 Dex 14 (+2) Con 15 (+3)
Int 8 (-1) Wis 9 (-1) Cha 13* (+1)

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Thanks neighbor ;)
Been working on the updates for Tuesday. As always, i'll post what i've added then; but I'm currently working to move some classes over from the WotC boards and now i can add this above.

ShadowyFigure

First Post
why is it that you have given me credit for the gnome? and i cant remember doing the half-orc, things look cool dude! Keep up the updates.

anyway.... My latest creation

Crusader
"Fear my divine strength..."
Prerequisite: Paladin
The crusaders were masters of combat, capable of taking wounds know simple warrior could. A crusader could out last even the mightiest foe, you divine might to get them through even the most deadly attacks. In one word, the crusaders were invincible.
Crusader Path Features
Steely Resolve (11th level): Through divine might you are capable of hindering the effects of injuries, setting aside the pain so that it does not effect you immediately. You have a delayed damage pool that allows you to forestall the effects of many injuries. This pool begins at 0 with each encounter. When you are attacked, any hit point damage the blow deals is added to your delayed damage pool. At the end of your next turn you take damage equal to the total stored in your delayed damage pool which then resets to 0. A maximum of half your hit points damage may be delayed in this way before taking damage as normal.
Invincible Might (11th level): A crusader may spend an action point to delay damage in there damage pool an additional turn.
Zealous Surge (11th level): When ever a Crusader activates a Second Wind they gain there Charisma Modifier to AC until the end of there next turn.
Indomitable Soul (16th level): A crusader may add there wisdom modifier (if any) to saving throws.
Path Powers

Furious Counter Strike Crusader Attack 11
The crusaders laughed as my sword sliced his chest leaving no wound as he he began swinging his hammer in a furious Counter Strike.
Encounter Divine * Melee, Reliable
Immediate Interrupt
Effect: If an enemy makes an attack against you that deals damage, including damage delayed by steely resolve you may make the following attack against them.
Attack: Melee vs Fortitude
Hit: 2[W] + Con Damage and target may not make a move action next turn.
Miss: This power is reliable and so counts as being unused if it misses.

Crusaders Charge Crusader Utility 12
Those who fight a Crusader come to know and fear there Crusaders Charge.
Encounter Divine * Teleportation, Melee Weapon
Full Round Action
Effect: Teleport up to your speed in a straight line. You may make a basic melee attack against any enemy within 2 squares of your chosen path.

Crushing Blow of Righteous Vitality Crusader Attack 16
The Crusader blow splinted both shield and blow, granting him new found vitality.
Daily Divine * Melee Weapon, Force
Standard Action
Target: One Creature
Attack: Melee Vs AC
Hit: 3 [W]+ Str force damage and Crusader heals as if they had used a second wind.

Remove ads