[The One Ring] The Marsh Bell: Character Creation

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Since Vardolas is going with Elven Magic, I switched to valor and a Woodland Bow. Final character is below.

[sblock=Authiel Silivrenniel]Name: Authiel Silivrenniel Culture: Elf of Mirkwood Standard of Living: Martial
Cultural blessing: Folk of the Dusk Calling: Warden Shadow weakness: Lure of Power
Specialties: Mirkwood-lore, Woodwright, Shadow-lore
Distinctive features: Hardened, Keen-eyed
Body: 5 Heart: 3 Wits: 6
Body (favoured): 7 Heart (favoured): 6 Wits (favoured): 7
-Common Skills-
  • Awe: 2 Inspire: 0 Persuade: 0
  • Athletics: 3 Travel: 1 Stealth: 2
  • Awareness: 2 Insight: 0 Search: 1
  • Explore: 1 Healing: 1 Hunting: 1
  • Song: 2 Courtesy: 0 Riddle: 0
  • Craft: 1 Battle: 2 Lore: 3
-Weapon Skills-
  • Bow: 3 damage: 5 edge: 10 injury: 14 enc: 1
  • Sword: 1 damage: 5 edge: 10 injury: 16 enc: 2
  • Dagger: 1 damage: 3 edge: G injury: 12 enc: 1
-Virtues-:
-Rewards-: Woodland Bow
-Gear-
  • Mail shirt enc: 12
  • Cap of iron and leather enc: 2
  • Buckler enc: 1

Endurance: 25 Starting Endurance: 25 Fatigue: 19 Hope: 11 Starting Hope: 11 Shadow: 0 Armour: 3 Headgear: 1 Parry: 6 Shield: 1 Damage: 0 Ranged: 0 Wisdom: 1 Valour: 2 Experience: 0 Total Experience: 0
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
@FourMonos , I like your character background, PM me about any additional details, or if you want to have Hobnob and Riggins be each others fellowship focus.

Hob can be Rigg's focus without Rigg having any say in it (or vice versa), BTW.

@JoeNotCharles would it be alright to change the character trait "Cautious" to "Merry"? I think you've accurately described Riggins and Hobnob.

Sure! Not sure if it's possible to change the traits on the live character sheet, but you can just add a note.

So are we in the town and free to post, or must we wait for our introductions? I like introductions. =)

I'm going to introduce the characters one group a day or so, when it's clear what the people I've already posted are doing. If you get impatient, feel free to post your character doing something in town or arriving in town, so I can work it in.

Do the Dwarves want to be already living in Laketown, or just visiting? If visiting, what's your business? (You could be employed by Gloin - either as part of his trading company, or on his small staff as official envoy of the Lonely Mountain to Laketown. That'd be convenient.)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Kurin can be employed at something, he is very good at at the smith and stoneworks

I don't think Lake-town has a smith or stoneworks - it's made entirely of wood and floats on the lake. (They have somebody who can mend horseshoes and fix axles, but no major forge.) Maybe you have a smithy at the Lonely Mountain and have brought goods down to Lake-town to trade? (Or simply to explore?)

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
I like the trading thingy more. I suspected, from the background given about the Lakefolk being good smiths, that the town had at least one, in which Kurin could be teaching the humans how to do thing correctly.

CaBaNa

First Post
Thanks for the info JNC!

Hobnob will have Riggins as a Fellowship Focus in that case.

Hobnob feels personally responsible for Riggins presence on this venture, and would feel incredible guilty if his cousin were injured on the journey. Likewise, having family around heartens Hobnob the Hobbit, and Riggins gives him the strength to carry on during their journeys together.

EDIT: I changed cautious to merry in the code, saved and imported back into the builder, worked just fine. Exported those results, and updated the threads first page character sheet to reflect changes. I'll be thinking up and adding gear tonight, let me know if you disagree with any of my picks, I'll post them here.

-Gear-
  • Shield enc: 3
  • Flint & Steel
  • Miniature torch
  • Short Sword
  • Sickle (Dagger)
  • Sling (Short Bow) and rocks (arrows)
  • Pipes; a wooden Strider, a wooden Gandalf, a clay Sherlock, and a clay Briar.
  • Three different types of pipe-weed, in bulk and seeds enough to test the nearby areas for growth potential.
  • Letterhead for potential contracts.
  • Horn
  • Water-skin
  • First aid kit (strips of cloth, varying herbs and poultices, sealed boiled water, thread and needle.)
  • Notebook with various herb-lore and medical information, pressed herbs between some pages.

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I like the trading thingy more. I suspected, from the background given about the Lakefolk being good smiths, that the town had at least one, in which Kurin could be teaching the humans how to do thing correctly.

There are 3 cities involved (see the map in this post):

Erebor, aka The Lonely Mountain, the Dwarven city/kingdom
Dale, the human city at the foot of the mountain
Esgaroth, aka Lake-Town, south of Dale on the Long Lake

Bardings (followers of King Bard of Dale) live in both Dale and Esgaroth, but Dale is the city that's learning smithcraft from the Dwarves. Esgaroth is smaller and more rustic, but as it's on a crossroads for water traffic it's becoming a hub of trade. (It's more convenient for men of Dale, Dwarves of Erebor, and outsiders to all bring goods to Lake-town to trade rather than forcing caravans from outside to travel further north upstream to Dale and the Lonely Mountain.)

The history (from The Hobbit): in olden times, the the Lonely Mountain was a mighty dwarfhold and Dale was the capital of a prosperous human kingdom spread out throughout the wide fertile lands at its foot. But when the dragon Smaug came out of the north and drove the Dwarves out of the mountain, he also ravaged Dale, burning its fields and turning the entire surrounding countryside into a wasteland called the Desolation of Smaug. The men of Dale who survived fled south to the Long Lake and founded Lake-town, while the Dwarves who survived fled east to the Iron Hills.

Many years later Smaug attacked Lake-town and, although he burned most of it, he was slain by Bard the Bowman, a descendant of the last King of Dale. Dwarves of the Iron Hills returned to rebuild the Lonely Mountain, led by Dain Ironfoot who became its King. Bard was proclaimed the new King of the humans, and most of the surviving men of Lake-town followed him north to rebuild Dale. But some remained to rebuild Lake-town, and they also acknowledge him as King.

Remove ads