• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[The One Ring] The Marsh Bell

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
No roll necessary here... I'm expecting that at this point you'll split into two groups, each exploring one path, with the people who have dropped out conveniently going off together...[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The dwarves keep searching the site for several frustrating minutes. "The battle must have taken place here, it's impossible to determine which way they came and which way they went." Kurin ponders for a moment. "I would advise to split up. There are seven of us, Orin, Borin, take Vardolas and explore this path, the hobbits, Authiel and I will continue this way. This way we will not loose our compatriots. If you find some clue that tells you that the path you are following is the wrong one, undo your steps, and join us." The dwarf gives a pause, for the plan to settle in.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Hope I didn't come across as railroading there. If you hadn't suggested that I was going to have Vardolas do it.

I'll have time to do a real update tomorrow.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Authiel nods as Kurin speaks

"Ill have to admit that the dwarf has the best plan of action." She smiles at Vardolas. "Best if you go with the others so there's an elf with each group to be sure it doesn't go to the dwarves heads."

[sblock=Authiel]Name: Authiel Silivrenniel Culture: Elf of Mirkwood Standard of Living: Martial
Cultural blessing: Folk of the Dusk Calling: Warden Shadow weakness: Lure of Power
Specialties: Mirkwood-lore, Woodwright, Shadow-lore
Distinctive features: Hardened, Keen-eyed
Body: 5 Heart: 3 Wits: 6
Body (favoured): 7 Heart (favoured): 6 Wits (favoured): 7
-Common Skills-
  • Awe: 2 Inspire: 0 Persuade: 0 AP: 0
  • Athletics: 3 Travel: 1 Stealth: 2 AP: 2
  • Awareness: 2 Insight: 0 Search: 1 AP: 1
  • Explore: 1 Healing: 1 Hunting: 1 AP: 0
  • Song: 2 Courtesy: 0 Riddle: 0 AP: 1
  • Craft: 1 Battle: 2 Lore: 3 AP: 2
-Weapon Skills-
  • Bow: 3 damage: 5 edge: 10 injury: 14 enc: 1
  • Sword: 1 damage: 5 edge: 10 injury: 16 enc: 2
  • Dagger: 1 damage: 3 edge: G injury: 12 enc: 1
-Virtues-:
-Rewards-: Woodland Bow
-Gear-
  • Mail shirt enc: 12
  • Cap of iron and leather enc: 2
  • Buckler enc: 1
Endurance: 24 Starting Endurance: 25 Fatigue: 19 Hope: 10 Starting Hope: 11 Shadow: 0 Armour: 3 Headgear: 1 Parry: 6 Shield: 1 Damage: 0 Ranged: 0 Wisdom: 1 Valour: 2 Experience: 0 Total Experience: 0 [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Kurin raises an eyebrow at the elven maid's latest comment, but says nothing. He's too busy gathering his pack and fastening it to his back. With a few hops to settle it confortably, he fasten his belt as well. His belly making noises as he has not ate in a while. "Better keep moving, let food for later, time is at the essence."

FourMonos

First Post
Riggins puts his arm around Hobnob's shoulder.

"We should stick together. If the Orin and Borin are going on one path, we should go with Kurin and Authiel," he states with a confidence he doesn't really feel.

CaBaNa

First Post
Ah Gin! That group isn't eating first... complains Hobnob, but feeling the warmth of Riggins arm over his shoulder, Hobnob changes his tune When we finally stop, the food will just taste that much better! With a giant smile, Hobnob draws and prepares his pipe for the walk.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, lost track of time. (finals)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]No problem, it's not like I've been keeping things moving at a rapid clip. Congrats on your finals![/sblock]

Orin and Borin vanish down one path with their elven guide, while the rest of you start slogging up the other. With fewer of you, the marsh seems to press in closer and the distant twitters and splashes of animals seem more ominous. You know that you are more vulnerable, so you keep an extra sharp eye out for trouble.

You are so fixed on watching for anything that might leap on you unexpectedly that Authiel doesn't even realize that the tracks you are following are much too big to be a dwarf.

The trail twists round a corner and you nearly stumble over what you first take to be a moss-covered tree jutting out of the water. But when it turns towards, and its mouth opens in a snarl, revealing cracked yellow teeth and fetid breath, you realize that the moss is actually sprouting from leathery skin. It is another Troll, smaller and thinner than the first, and as she sees you she cries out, "Where's my Brim? What you done with him?" The troll-wife hefts a gnarled club and glares at you suspiciously.

[sblock=OOC]
Let's try this again... Everyone make a Battle roll to see how many bonus dice you will have for the upcoming combat if it comes to that. This is just to save time - you might not need to use them if you can talk your way out or decide to flee.
[/sblock]

Remove ads