[The One Ring] The Marsh Bell

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
[MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION]: You already spent your last turn out of actions. Authiel shot it again and Riggins attacked it, then it attacked Riggins but missed because Hobnob defended him. Now we're on turn 3 and only Authiel has acted.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Rage is written all over Kurin's face. Mathok in hand he moves back to the front line. "We'll see the last of you, brute! I'll give the worms a feast only comparable to the one your husband is giving them!" the dwarf shouts, hoping the mention of the dead troll makes this one's moral waver.

Trying an intimidation check on forward stance.

FourMonos

First Post
Riggins grins at his cousin, "Good save, Hob!"

Riggins circles the opposite way this time, watching the troll's big feet.

As soon as she was distracted by Auriel's shot, he tries to stab her in the big toe.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Authiel's arrow bites deep into the troll's hide. A well aimed shot!

[sblock=Authiel]
I totally forgot - a Great Success is useful for more than just called shots. (Knew I was missing something.) If you get a Great Success, you do the Endurance damage of your weapon, PLUS your personal Damage rating. (Which is 5.) So you do 5+5=10 damage here.
[/sblock]

Kurin's words make the trollwife hesitate for the briefest of seconds. A look of intense sorrow crosses her face, but it is quickly replaced by anger. "Worms CHOKE on my Brim! He too tough for them! And I too tough for you!"

[sblock=Kurin]
Your TN for Intimidate is 15 (10 + the troll's Attribute Level of 5.) I assume you're rolling Awe since you only rolled 1d6. (You could have used Battle instead to roll 2d6.) So if you spend a point of Hope, you can add your Body to get 19 and succeed.

Intimidate drains:
Ordinary Success: 1 Hate point
Great Success (1 Tengwar): 2 Hate points
Extraordinary Success (2+ Tengwars): 3 Hate points

So if you decide to spend that Hope, you can drain 2 Hate points.
[/sblock]

As the troll is distracted, Riggins darts forward and stabs again at the troll's foot. This time he stumbles and his blade sinks into the muck an inch away.

[sblock=Riggins]
Your TN is 14 (10 + the troll's Parry of 4). Since Sword is a favoured skill, if you spend a point of Hope you can add your Favoured Body of 5, and hit that TN exactly.[/sblock]

The Trollwife ignores Riggins and swings its club at Kurin again, trying to prove the truth of her boast. And she does! Her club strikes a ringing blow off Kurin's helm. He staggers sideways, and although he soon recovers his footing, the pain in his head makes his vision blur.

[sblock=OOC]
Her TN is 12 (6 + Kurin's Parry of 6) so that barely hit. Actually, no, not barely: Hatred of Dwarves means the attack counts as favoured against Dwarves, so it automatically adds 5 more for the Attribute Level. Total of 18.

It uses Great Strength to spend a point of Hate and add it's Attribute Level to damage. Total of 6+5=11 Endurance damage to Kurin, which will take him down from 21 to 11. Or he can roll with the bow, losing his next action but halving the damage to 6 (which would take him down to 15). Either way, though, that will make his Endurance less than his current fatigue of 19, so he is now Weary.

While Weary, rolls of 1-3 on the d6's don't count. So, if you roll 1d12+2d6, and get 8,1,2, your total is 8. If you get 8,1,4, your total is 12, because 4-6 still counts.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Vacation]
I'll be out of town on vacation untli mid next week. Go ahead and post your actions for next turn (and whether you want to spend Hope on those rolls above) while waiting for me to get back!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Trollwife]
Attribute Level: 5
Endurance: 20 / 60
Hate: 5
Parry: 4
Armour: ?

Club: 3 (Damage: 6, Edge: ?, Injury: ?)
Crush: 1 (Damage: ?, Edge: ?, Injury: ?)

Great Size: ?
Horrible Strength: After a successful hit, spend 1 Hate to add Attribute Level to Endurance damage.
Hatred (Dwarves): All Attacks are Favoured against Dwarves.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Too hard? Oh no we softened him, chopped 'im into little pieces and...Ouhf!" Kurin is hit midsentence by the huge club and sent rolling in the mud once again. As he struggles to regain footing in the slippery soil, he mumbles to himself. "Should learn to keep my mouth shut, for my grandpa's beard..."

OOC: I'll boost my intimidate so she loses 2 hate points. And roll with the blow.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Authiel takes careful aim for the troll's eye, but her shot flies wide as the troll lurches and swings about.

[sblock=Attack: ]Rearward Stance attack: 1d12+3d6=11. Conserving Hope.[/sblock]

[sblock=Authiel]Name: Authiel Silivrenniel Culture: Elf of Mirkwood Standard of Living: Martial
Cultural blessing: Folk of the Dusk Calling: Warden Shadow weakness: Lure of Power
Specialties: Mirkwood-lore, Woodwright, Shadow-lore
Distinctive features: Hardened, Keen-eyed
Body: 5 Heart: 3 Wits: 6
Body (favoured): 7 Heart (favoured): 6 Wits (favoured): 7
-Common Skills-
  • Awe: 2 Inspire: 0 Persuade: 0 AP: 0
  • Athletics: 3 Travel: 1 Stealth: 2 AP: 2
  • Awareness: 2 Insight: 0 Search: 1 AP: 1
  • Explore: 1 Healing: 1 Hunting: 1 AP: 0
  • Song: 2 Courtesy: 0 Riddle: 0 AP: 1
  • Craft: 1 Battle: 2 Lore: 3 AP: 2
-Weapon Skills-
  • Bow: 3 damage: 5 edge: 10 injury: 14 enc: 1
  • Sword: 1 damage: 5 edge: 10 injury: 16 enc: 2
  • Dagger: 1 damage: 3 edge: G injury: 12 enc: 1
-Virtues-:
-Rewards-: Woodland Bow
-Gear-
  • Mail shirt enc: 12
  • Cap of iron and leather enc: 2
  • Buckler enc: 1
Endurance: 24 Starting Endurance: 25 Fatigue: 19 Hope: 8 Starting Hope: 11 Shadow: 0 Armour: 3 Headgear: 1 Parry: 6 Shield: 1 Damage: 0 Ranged: 0 Wisdom: 1 Valour: 2 Experience: 0 Total Experience: 0 [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
FOR GRANDPA'S BEARD! Chants Hobnob, lifting his horn to his lips before giving one short and one long blast.

OOC: Open Stance, Song roll to Rally Comrade Kurin, Gandalf Rune!

FourMonos

First Post
"Hobbie! You know troll's have no ear for music!"

Riggins jumps near his hobbit comrade, his small blade attempting to scare off the troll wife.

OOC: Actions: Defensive position, guarding Hobnob.

Remove ads