[The One Ring] The Marsh Bell

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Authiel draws another arrow, but the log upon which she stands shifts slightly in the bog, causing the arrow to fly wide.

OOC: I forgot to add the extra dice last time. I'll use it this time so you still have an extra one to give out @Voda Vosa .

[sblock=Attack: Miss]Rearward Stance attack: 1d12+3d6+1d6(Kurin)=15, miss. Conserving Hope.[/sblock]

[sblock=Authiel]Name: Authiel Silivrenniel Culture: Elf of Mirkwood Standard of Living: Martial
Cultural blessing: Folk of the Dusk Calling: Warden Shadow weakness: Lure of Power
Specialties: Mirkwood-lore, Woodwright, Shadow-lore
Distinctive features: Hardened, Keen-eyed
Body: 5 Heart: 3 Wits: 6
Body (favoured): 7 Heart (favoured): 6 Wits (favoured): 7
-Common Skills-
  • Awe: 2 Inspire: 0 Persuade: 0 AP: 0
  • Athletics: 3 Travel: 1 Stealth: 2 AP: 2
  • Awareness: 2 Insight: 0 Search: 1 AP: 1
  • Explore: 1 Healing: 1 Hunting: 1 AP: 0
  • Song: 2 Courtesy: 0 Riddle: 0 AP: 1
  • Craft: 1 Battle: 2 Lore: 3 AP: 2
-Weapon Skills-
  • Bow: 3 damage: 5 edge: 10 injury: 14 enc: 1
  • Sword: 1 damage: 5 edge: 10 injury: 16 enc: 2
  • Dagger: 1 damage: 3 edge: G injury: 12 enc: 1
-Virtues-:
-Rewards-: Woodland Bow
-Gear-
  • Mail shirt enc: 12
  • Cap of iron and leather enc: 2
  • Buckler enc: 1
Endurance: 24 Starting Endurance: 25 Fatigue: 19 Hope: 8 Starting Hope: 11 Shadow: 0 Armour: 3 Headgear: 1 Parry: 6 Shield: 1 Damage: 0 Ranged: 0 Wisdom: 1 Valour: 2 Experience: 0 Total Experience: 0 [/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I was wrong, you can change to any stance each round. You don't have to move just one step. Even Kurin - he just loses his action, not his chance to change stance. The only restriction is only one person in Rearward stance.

So I'll assume Kurin took Defensive stance.

[MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION]: I just meant you can choose anybody to defend, no matter what stance they're in. You still have to choose just one person.
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Riggins grimaces as the troll swats the dwarf over the head.

"Ah, Kurin! You leave him be!"

Riggins makes a bold move and attacks the troll viciously.

[sblock=actions]

Change stance to Forward, making target 6+4=10, right?

edit: Crud roll. If I can spend a point of hope on that, I'd like to do so
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Away for the weekend]
I'll be on vacation with no computer access until Tuesday. I might have time to make one more post tonight before I leave (just waiting for Riggins), but no guarantees.

EDIT: hah, timing.
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Riggins darts forward recklessly and stabs his sword into the trollwife's foot. She screeches and dances up and down - at first Riggins thinks it is out of pain, but when it stomps its way towards him he realizes it is trying to squash him! He backpedals, but his furry feet are tangled up in weeds, and the troll's shadow looms over him...

And at the last second Hobnob grabs him by his cloak and yanks his friend out of danger.

[sblock=OOC]
Spending a point of Hope, Riggins hits for 5 damage.

The Troll responds by foregoing its club and using Crush. It only has skill 1 with Crush, but it's favoured, so it gets to add its attribute level automatically (no spending of Hope or anything needed). Riggins parry is 5 (including shield) so it needs 6+5=11 to hit Riggins - and with the +5, it just makes it.

Hob spends a point of Hope to defend Riggins. So the attack roll of 11 is going after Hob instead. Hob's parry is 8 (including shield) and he's in Defensive stance, so it needs 12+8=20 to hit. Miss!

Since Hobnob just spent a point of Hope in an action that directly protected his Fellowship Focus, he gains the point back. No net loss of Hope. Nifty, huh?

Your turn again.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Trollwife]
Attribute Level: 5
Endurance: 30 / 60
Hate: 6
Parry: 4
Armour: ?

Club: 3 (Damage: 6, Edge: ?, Injury: ?)
Crush: 1 (Damage: ?, Edge: ?, Injury: ?)

Great Size: ?
Horrible Strength: After a successful hit, spend 1 Hate to add Attribute Level to Endurance damage.
Hatred (Dwarves): All Attacks are Favoured against Dwarves.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
GIN, THE EYE! shouts Hobnob, making wild jabbing motions with his hands.

OOC: Defensive, will protect Riggins again. Unless he goes defensive, then will protect whomever is in Forward stance.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
GIN, THE EYE! shouts Hobnob, making wild jabbing motions with his hands.

Good opening for me to introduce a new rule! Now that we've made a couple of attacks and know how they work, I think we can handle that.

Called Shots

Before you roll your attack you can say you're trying for a "called shot". (For example, trying to poke the enemy in the eye...) For a called shot, you MUST hit with a Great Success (at least one 6). If you beat the TN but don't get any 6's, or get a 6 but don't beat the TN, you miss. If you don't beat the TN AND you don't roll any 6's, you fumble and become a lot easier to hit next turn.

If you beat the target number and get a 6, you do your normal damage, plus an additional effect depending on your weapon:

Axe or Mattock: Smash opponent's shield (useless against opponent with no shield)
Bow or Spear: Automatic Piercing Blow
Sword: Force opponent to drop their weapon (useless against opponent with no weapon)

Also, we've been making good use of the Defense action - don't forget the actions for the other stances:

Forward: Intimidate Foe (make them lose 1-3 Hate points; if Hate reaches 0, their morale breaks and they flee or surrender)
Open Stance: Rally Comrades (let ally regain 1-3 Endurance - or your Heart rating in Endurance if you roll 3 6's)
Rearward Stance: Prepare Shot (spend the round aiming; next round if you hit it's an automatic Called Shot)
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
As the log stabilizes, Authiel takes a deep breath and looses another arrow, biting deep into the Trollwife's hide.

OOC: I'm assuming I'm getting the second Kurin dice in the roll below. Probably should have tried a called shot...

[sblock=Attack: ]Rearward Stance attack: 1d12+3d6+1d6(Kurin)=16, hit with one Tengwar. Conserving Hope.[/sblock]

[sblock=Authiel]Name: Authiel Silivrenniel Culture: Elf of Mirkwood Standard of Living: Martial
Cultural blessing: Folk of the Dusk Calling: Warden Shadow weakness: Lure of Power
Specialties: Mirkwood-lore, Woodwright, Shadow-lore
Distinctive features: Hardened, Keen-eyed
Body: 5 Heart: 3 Wits: 6
Body (favoured): 7 Heart (favoured): 6 Wits (favoured): 7
-Common Skills-
  • Awe: 2 Inspire: 0 Persuade: 0 AP: 0
  • Athletics: 3 Travel: 1 Stealth: 2 AP: 2
  • Awareness: 2 Insight: 0 Search: 1 AP: 1
  • Explore: 1 Healing: 1 Hunting: 1 AP: 0
  • Song: 2 Courtesy: 0 Riddle: 0 AP: 1
  • Craft: 1 Battle: 2 Lore: 3 AP: 2
-Weapon Skills-
  • Bow: 3 damage: 5 edge: 10 injury: 14 enc: 1
  • Sword: 1 damage: 5 edge: 10 injury: 16 enc: 2
  • Dagger: 1 damage: 3 edge: G injury: 12 enc: 1
-Virtues-:
-Rewards-: Woodland Bow
-Gear-
  • Mail shirt enc: 12
  • Cap of iron and leather enc: 2
  • Buckler enc: 1
Endurance: 24 Starting Endurance: 25 Fatigue: 19 Hope: 8 Starting Hope: 11 Shadow: 0 Armour: 3 Headgear: 1 Parry: 6 Shield: 1 Damage: 0 Ranged: 0 Wisdom: 1 Valour: 2 Experience: 0 Total Experience: 0 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads