• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Rod of Seven Parts: Lanai Team OOC

Arkhandus

First Post
Oh, little question: Should I assume Gerak's got his 'typical adventuring' spells prepared, meaning he'd have been on the road or just entering a town when something transported him to the underground place?

Yes, please do start play with his full repetoire of clerical spells prepared. I leave it entirely up to your discretion as to which ones of these you select for him. The only advice I might offer is that you select according to your vision of what he was up to before being transported to the inside of what, for all intents and purposes, seems to be a decently large kuo-toan temple.

I haven't put the group on initiative quite yet. Even so, I'll take one round's worth of declared actions from each of you as a precursor to what seems to be combat coming at you fast from the north. You can declare for your PC in the IC thread. Thanks!

Arkhandus

First Post
Edited my recent post to include Gerak's preparatory actions, in anticipation of trouble.

I'll assume Gerak was traveling when transported, approaching the town the group is currently beneath, so his 'typical adventuring' set of spells would be prepared. He only prepares the other set of spells when he's in relatively safe areas and doesn't expect to run into much trouble; the road can be dangerous though, so he'd have his defenses prepared for any possible highwaymen that might waylay the lone dwarf on the road.

His typical spells are on the character sheet. His Protection from Evil will last 3 minutes/30 rounds.

I'm rapidly approaching burnout. In order to stave off getting so ground out that I quit, I am going to treat myself to a long weekend free from posting and DM responsibilities. I beg your pardon for the interruption to combat in the IC--definitely not my first choice in terms of when to take a break--but I'm at a decent stopping point in the other two games I'm running and this juncture seems ideal. I will return on Wednesday.

pallandrome

First Post
I'll be out of town until sunday evening, so if anything happens that needs a little Wyleck imput, I'll throw buff Yssal and throw him at the enemy (along with some flaming gobs of fire). I'll also help out with the healing after the fight, if anyone actually needs it.

Here's the long and short of it. I have in-laws visiting for the whole month of July. Since I also elected to take a challenging mathematics course this summer session, I seem to now be in over my head. I will be largely absent for the next 25 days until my family leaves and my class finishes 'round about mid-August. If you guys would be willing to hang tight for the next while until I can get back to some semblance of normalcy, that would be grand. If not, then please let me know and we'll work out whatever needs to be worked out.

Thanks, and sorry.

Remove ads