The Rod of Seven Parts: Lanai Team OOC

G

Guest 11456

CanadienneBacon said:
I see a post from Arkhandus for this round but not one for Rhun, pallandrome, Tailspinner, or Brain. Rhun posted for last round but, not wanting the combat to stagnate, I NPCed Wyleck, Phud, and Arden last round. What's up guys?

Done.

G

Guest 11456

What is the difference in elevation between our current level and the stage that the kua-toans are on? Also, how deep does the water appear on the floor at the base level?

The balcony on which the group stands has the same elevation as the platform on which the kuo-toas stand. The floor of the chamber (which is covered in water) is 30 feet below the balcony and platform. The water is murky and therefore of indeterminate depth to everyone except Rowan, who snuck out onto the upper balcony and saw four kuo-toans standing in the water on the chamber floor. Rowan'll know that the water is knee-deep on a medium-sized creature. There is a second smaller balcony 30 feet above you guys. This is the balcony on which Rowan stood when he looked down into the chamber the first time.

G

Guest 11456

You had mentioned the possibility of Phud doing a triple move...

If possible I like Phud to have moved all the way around to the end of the platform and leap across to the platform. Moving from the position that you show (J-21) that would be:

I-21, H-21, G-20, Jump, G-19, G-18, Land, G-17.

I haven't heard from pallandrome, but I did see a post from him on EN World in the General Discussion area late last week. I therefore know he's been around. Since he hasn't responded to my e-mail nor has he checked in here in the OOC, nor has he posted in the IC in quite some time, I have bumped his character off the active list of players.

That leaves us with four active players: a rogue, a cleric, a conjurer, and a sorcerer/barbarian. It seems to me that we have the basics covered with those four, but I certainly am willing to open the game up for recruitment if you all would like a 5th or even a 6th party member. Please state your desire and I'll consider how best to proceed.

Tailspinner said:
You had mentioned the possibility of Phud doing a triple move...

If possible I like Phud to have moved all the way around to the end of the platform and leap across to the platform. Moving from the position that you show (J-21) that would be:

I-21, H-21, G-20, Jump, G-19, G-18, Land, G-17.
The DC for that is going to be 20. It's only a 10-foot wide jump but because (and I'm looking at the PHB rule on Jump here when I state this, pg 77) Phud doesn't have at least 20 feet in a straight line to get a running start, the normal DC of 10 gets doubled to DC 20. Phud's got +5 to strength and his base movement rate of 40 would lend him another +4 to the attempt. You're looking at Jump +9 against a DC of 20. Failure would indicate that Phud falls for 3d6 damage. Do you still want me to have him try the jump? There's the other tidbit to consider--without trained ranks in Jump, characters who try to jump are assumed to land prone unless they beat the DC by 5 or more.

Personally, I say you go for it. It'll be exciting. Up to you, though. And if you think I have any of the above wrong, please don't hesitate to let me know.

G

Guest 11456

CanadienneBacon said:
The DC for that is going to be 20. It's only a 10-foot wide jump but because (and I'm looking at the PHB rule on Jump here when I state this, pg 77) Phud doesn't have at least 20 feet in a straight line to get a running start, the normal DC of 10 gets doubled to DC 20. Phud's got +5 to strength and his base movement rate of 40 would lend him another +4 to the attempt. You're looking at Jump +9 against a DC of 20. Failure would indicate that Phud falls for 3d6 damage. Do you still want me to have him try the jump? There's the other tidbit to consider--without trained ranks in Jump, characters who try to jump are assumed to land prone unless they beat the DC by 5 or more.

Personally, I say you go for it. It'll be exciting. Up to you, though. And if you think I have any of the above wrong, please don't hesitate to let me know.

The numbers look good to me. I had calculated the same before posting before. I agree that it is a risky move. But Phud has a fairly low intelligence so he probably wouldn't consider the consequences of his action nor would he be frightened by the chance of falling because he is fairly fearless and the thought really hadn't occured to him anyway. The one thing you left out is that if Phud fails by less then 5 that he gets a DC 15 Reflex save to grab the far edge.

I think he will go for it. But I would like to add that he rages (probably at the beginning of his turn perhaps in response to getting singed). Thus his jump check would be at +11.

G

Guest 11456

CanadienneBacon said:
I haven't heard from pallandrome, but I did see a post from him on EN World in the General Discussion area late last week. I therefore know he's been around. Since he hasn't responded to my e-mail nor has he checked in here in the OOC, nor has he posted in the IC in quite some time, I have bumped his character off the active list of players.

That leaves us with four active players: a rogue, a cleric, a conjurer, and a sorcerer/barbarian. It seems to me that we have the basics covered with those four, but I certainly am willing to open the game up for recruitment if you all would like a 5th or even a 6th party member. Please state your desire and I'll consider how best to proceed.

It doesn't matter to me. I think the group we have right now seems to be working well and I am having a blast with Phud.

Remove ads