• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Star Wars Iconic Characters and the Lords of the Expanse: Hunting Grounds (cont.)

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Pbartender said:
Leaning against the nearby railing, Saeed raises an eyebrow at the interruption. "May we continue?" he asks Vor'en sardonically.

OOC: Vor'en, I'd like to run through several turns at a time, so could you let me know your general tactics for this game? Thanks.

"Go ahead," says Vor'en, his voice a bit more controlled. He ponders a bit while the sim starts back up. This is very different from a combat zone, where you have to worry about friendly fire (Sia notwithstanding) and where wounding hits are as good as kill shots. He decides his general stratagy of hosing the area down may not cut it, so he decides to take a bit more measured approach and see how that works.

ooc: Skip the whole multi-shot deal unless single shots seem not to be working (i.e, he falls noticably behind), at which point he'll try 2 shots and, if that seems to work, 3 shots. All the while scanning the "forest" ready to shoot anything that moves.

Pbartender

First Post
Vor'en Kurn said:
"Go ahead," says Vor'en, his voice a bit more controlled. He ponders a bit while the sim starts back up. This is very different from a combat zone, where you have to worry about friendly fire (Sia notwithstanding) and where wounding hits are as good as kill shots. He decides his general stratagy of hosing the area down may not cut it, so he decides to take a bit more measured approach and see how that works.

ooc: Skip the whole multi-shot deal unless single shots seem not to be working (i.e, he falls noticably behind), at which point he'll try 2 shots and, if that seems to work, 3 shots. All the while scanning the "forest" ready to shoot anything that moves.

Vor'en is so busy watching the forest, he fails to notice a pair of small herd animals creeping up out of the prarie grass to drink at the river side. Assadi snaps off a pair of shots, bringing one of them down, the other bolts. Before it can get away, Vor'en swings around and fires a single shot, wounding it in the hindquarters, though it still limps away.

After the volley of fire, a flock of avians takes flight from the trees. Vor'en is ready for them this time, and drops a bird with a single shot. Assadi fires off a barrage and wings to of hte flying creatures. A second shot from Vor'en brings down another, but Saeed's last trio of blaster bolts miss as the small birds fly out of range.

A splash from the nearby water reveals a writhing mass of river eels swimming downstream. Vor'en and Saeed fire almost simultaneously into the churning water, and both are rewarded by the floating bodies of ex-eels. A second shot from each of the marksmen flies into the clutch of eels, but neither appear toi find a mark, though a stain of blood can be seen within the watery froth.

Finally, deep within the shadows of the trees, Vor'en can almost see the sleek outline of a giant hunting cat. He waits until it steps into the light, and fires off a shot. It singes the fur from the shoulder of the great beast, which turns at hisses at its assailant. Assadi follows up with a volley of blaster fire that seems to scare the forest lion more than hurt it. With the river between it ands its attackers, the big cat turns and flees, as both Vor'en and Saaed chase it with blaster bolts.

The scenery fades away as the console pings.

VOR'EN KURN: 3 kills, 3 wounds. Final adjusted score: 52 points
SAEED ASSADI: 4 kills, 2 wounds. Final adjusted score: 55 points

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Pbartender said:
VOR'EN KURN: 3 kills, 3 wounds. Final adjusted score: 52 points
SAEED ASSADI: 4 kills, 2 wounds. Final adjusted score: 55 points

Vor'en nods, satisfied. If I hadn't focused on the forest so much, I might well have beat him. "Close," he says out loud. "Again?" If Assadi is willing to go another round, Vor'en will see if there's a sim that plays more to his talents- something urban, perhaps, with upright targets.

Rorworr

First Post
Rorworr strolls past the trophy wall, pausing by the serrated teeth.

"So, think we'll be hunting one of whatever these came out of?" He jokes to Kelko, admiring the impressive set of fangs. "If they've got something that size planetside, it might be a good thing we brought Vor'en along. I wonder if they'll let us use grenades..."

Moving further along, Rorworr arrives at the bar and looks closely for a drinks list.

Last edited:

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Pbartender said:
"I don't hunt animals often."

"Funny. I head you were a professional hunter." Vor'en is intrigued- if Assadi is, indeed, a professional hunter, but he doesn't hunt animals.... Vor'en will take a quick flip through the possibilities offered by the simulator, and choose one which seems appropriate to his abilities.

Last edited:

Sia-Lan Wezz

First Post
Sia-Lan cheers enthusiastically for Vor'en and then headed on over to check out the console and what it offered. "Anything fun?" she asked him, peeking over his shoulder and eyeing the console. "How about something for me to play with?"

Her finger pressed the button, clicking by the choices fast enough to make even the most stable eyesight dizzy. "That's a nice one...nyah boring...how about this? Hmm...I like this one...". Click. Click. Click. Click....

Kelko

First Post
Kelko looks about at the game room's decorations, obviously thrilled at their sight. He gently, reverently touches every hunting momento he can reach. He frowns a bit at Rorworr's suggestion, as if the wookiee has made a hunting faux-pas. "Grenades? Not very sporting, is it? What's the use of hunting if you're just going to blow the thing up? I hate to sound like a stuffy jedi or something, but that's so... inelegant." The Rodian absently runs a finger along the serrated tooth and whistles in appreciation when it splits his fingertip. "Shrapnel probably would've splintered all these. No, I think this thing was taken down with a weapon with just a little bit more grace than a grenade."

He stuck his finger into his mouth and started sucking it gingerly to staunch the purplish flow from the cut. "And what do we have over here," he says as he walks over to the game in progress on the far side. Mostly for his own benefit, as Rorworr has decided to raid the bar.

Rorworr

First Post
"Given I hunt with a bowcaster, elegance and keeping whatever you're hunting in once piece doesn't come all that high up my list." Rorworr smirks. "As long as it's still edible when I've shot it, I'm a happy chap. And, of course, if you used the right grenades, you might even have cooked it on the spot...

"Do you want anything to drink before you loose all your money?" He calls after Kelko, drumming his fingers on the bar.

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
Vor'en closes his eyes and begins counting to ten, and then realizes that Sia might do something unpleasant while he's helpless and opens his eyes. "Sia. No. Go back next to Ariani." He uses the tone and simple words that one would use encouraging a paticularly simple animal to obey you. He grabs her around the wrists and carefully removes her hands from the console and pushing her back. He takes a breif moment to shudder at whatever the selection fell on and then continues his search.

Remove ads