The Tome of Time (A second book of magic)

Stratovarius

First Post
I've got a question for those readers out there:

I'm looking at the Historian eras, and wondering whether I should move from the 1 'Style' and 1 ability to abilities gained at levels 1, 5, 10, 15 and 20 of the historian class, or 1, 8, 15 or so, in order to prevent Eras from being front-loaded, and to encourage more levels in the baseclass.

EP

First Post
Stratovarius said:
I've got a question for those readers out there:

I'm looking at the Historian eras, and wondering whether I should move from the 1 'Style' and 1 ability to abilities gained at levels 1, 5, 10, 15 and 20 of the historian class, or 1, 8, 15 or so, in order to prevent Eras from being front-loaded, and to encourage more levels in the baseclass.

Without any real playtesting done on a more unique concept like the Historian, it's hard to say. It looks much fuller than other classes, but the abilities on their own are somewhat weak without the techniques and eras attached to them. I'd say leave it for now and change it only when playtesting shows whether or not the class is too strong or too weak.

Vrecknidj

Explorer
I'm looking forward to each of these classes on its own page, fully fleshed out. I'm curious about which slices are at what level--I have a use for a Chronomancer class.

Dave

Stratovarius

First Post
I've put together 7-8 more eras, I just need to write them up and flesh them out. I'll try and get them posted, but at the moment I have less time than I'd like to work on these kind of things.

Remove ads