The Training Room (Discussion)

hero4hire

Explorer
Bront said:
We need rules for a training room, so let's get them hacked out here.

Okay since I am a Judge now I guess I have to pay attention ;)

Maximum Occupency: 8, plus any on an adventure in a training room.

Personally 8 seems like a bit much to handle. But if Salix is willing I would begrudgingly agree.

Though I like 6 better.

Opponents: NPCs, either based on known abilities of opponents, or the Inconic Heroes from the M&M 2.0 book

Agreed

Damage: Injuries from an aborted training fight (left to do a mission) will be halved. Bruise damage will be removed completely.

If we are going with an X-Men style Theme with Safety Measures and such I might go with Injuries turn to Bruise Damage. Bruise Damage is negated.

Recruiting: The training mission can be aborted. However, those in the ready room have first crack at joining.

Agreed

Judging: Salix is being volunteered for will volunteer to be the training room judge for now.

Agreed

Threads: The Training room is it's own thread. Adventures that deal with a training room will be seperate.

Agreed

Adventures: Yes, but idealy they should not be a common thing to have adventures based around the Training Room.

Agreed

Experience/PP awards: No, unless it is in an actual adventure.
Input is much appreciated.

Very much agreed.

Salix

First Post
I kind of feel like anything in here needs a GM. One of the original ideas was that we could develop GMs. We've doubled the number of GMs in the last month. I don't see as much demand for ir now, but before it took Gremlin from around March until Ionian Dreams to get into a mission. Its still something that might be useful down the road for some of the newer players who have GMed other systems.It'd be nice to hear from guys like El Jefe and Erekose13 on that.

El Jefe

First Post
Salix said:
Its still something that might be useful down the road for some of the newer players who have GMed other systems.It'd be nice to hear from guys like El Jefe and Erekose13 on that.
Between GMing two games on LEW, playing in two there, playing in one here, playing in one on LEB and judging 3 more on LEW (including Velmont's sprawling tournament), I don't see myself trying to GM anything in this system anytime soon.

Having said that, if I did decide to GM something here, having a training room to get more familiar with the system would really help. I haven't GM'ed in years, and running the two games in LEW has forced me to get more familiar with parts of the D20 ruleset that I'd have probably never worried about if I'd stuck to just playing. With it's more complicated ruleset, that would go double or triple for M&M 2.0.

Velmont

First Post
Well, playing in 10 games, mastering two (that include my tournament) and judging here, I can't add anything for now, but I will be able after the tournament is finished.

Salix

First Post
I guess I wasn't asking if people were going to GM, but whether or not they would use the training room to prep for running one.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I really don't think you need a GM here to run it, but it would be nice to have one 'on call' who can watch and step in on the rules disputes to help the learning players when they have an issue :)

Salix

First Post
hero4hire said:
I think the GM should provide some structure. But I am not opposed to letting the players rolling for themselves.
I'm always all for players using IC, but I'd like to see a gM

Remove ads