• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

third level powers for a psychic warrior

Tyrrell

First Post
I have a psychic warrior who is closing in on ninth level . I will soon have to choose another third level power for him. I have improved biofeedback. I think that displacement looks good but I don't see anything else that really catches my eye. Are there any good 3rd level powers at the mind's eye?

The character uses a great sword. He often uses animal affinity and expansion (soon polymorph) to get an impressive strength.

I am also deciding between two feat chains my selection of powers may change my mind on which group of feats to take.

1 expertise, improved trip, knockdown

2 combat reflexes, stand still, pressing attack (FFG)

In favor of the first option I have the second level "extending arms" power so when I get polymorph self I can turn into a troll or anis then I can get a 15' reach.

On the other hand the character's AC sucks and my DM wants to allow an "improved trip" follow-up attack after a knockdown regardless of what the sage says.

So what third level power have I overlooked?

(str 13, dex 13, con 14, int 12, Wi 12, chr 11 I have a stat point at eigth level that I will put into int if I go for the first set of feats and dex if I go for the second)

Last edited:

The Mind's Eye has some cool psychic warrior powers, but other than Vehemence (Vigor, but better) there aren't any 3rd-level powers ... at least, none that I am familiar with.

Displacement is really good, but maybe not at such a low level.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads