D&D 5E To The Strongest: A 5E War Campaign [CLOSED; OOC]

River Song

Explorer
What is the Ideal of the Company?
We always complete the job we are paid for.

What is the Bond of the Company?
The company is our family. I would put my life on the line for any of them.

What is the Flaw of the Company?
Greed, after the company coin is the only thing that matters.

I like these, but prefer the name Thateous came up with.

Trogdor1992

First Post
Ridley Parrafin

Race: Stout Halfling
Class: Blood Hunter
Level: Third (3)
Order: Profane Soul
Pact: Taranis (Undying)
Alignment: CG
Background: Monster Hunter (Custom)
AC: 16
Init. Bonus: +3
Speed: 25ft.
HP: 31/31
Hit Dice: 3d10
Prof. Bonus: +2

ABILITY SCORES
--STR: 8(-1)
--DEX: 16(+3) [+2 Racial]
--CON: 16(+3) [+1 Racial]
--INT: 8(-1)
--WIS: 14(+2)
--CHA: 12(+1)

COMBAT
Attack Bonus:
--Melee: +5
--Ranged: +3
--Non-Proficient: +3

Weapons:
--Favored- Longsword: Deals 1d8+3 damage, Versatile(1d10)
--Secondary- Hand Crossbow: Deals 1d6+3 damage, Range(30/120)
--Just In Case:

LANGUAGES/PROFICIENCIES
--Languages: Common, Halfling, Dwarven, Elven
--Armor: Light, Medium
--Weapons: Simple, Martial
--Tools: Alchemist's Supplies
--Skills: Insight, Arcana, Perception, Persuasion
--Saving Throws: Strength, Wisdom

EQUIPMENT
-Longsword
-Hand Crossbow
-Crossbow Bolts(20)
-Scale Mail Armor
-Explorer's Pack
-Order of Taranis Amulet
-Whetstone
-Signal Whistle
-Monster Hunter's Medal
-Monster Hunter's Guide
-Hunt Journal
-Traveler's Clothes
-Coin: 1000gp

RACIAL TRAITS
--Small-Sized
--Lucky
--Brave
--Halfling Nimbleness
--Poison Resistance

CLASS FEATURES
--Hunter's Bane
--Crimson Rite(1d4): Primal(Flame)
--Great Weapon Fighting
--Order(Profane Soul)

SPELLCASTING
--Spell Attack Bonus:
--Spell Save DC:
--Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Greenflame Blade
--1st Level(1 Slot): Protection From Evil/Good, Hex

FEATS
-None

BACKGROUND
-Feature: Slay For Pay- You can usually find work hunting foul creatures while in larger Towns and Cities, if you're up for the task.
-Traits:
-Ideal: No Favors; I don't believe in 'favors', I must be paid if you want any help from my blade.
-Flaws: I tend to lack compassion, especially when it's needed most, and I don't seem to know when to quit.
-Bonds: ???????

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Jago

Explorer
Does a feat like mounted combat have a place in a mass combat setting?

Well, you get your attacks and actions even if you're the Commander of a Stand, so yes: if you lead a charge into a group of dismounted soldiers, you're gaining advantage to hit. Do enough damage and you can literally wipe out an entire Stand on your own.

Targeting your horse basically gives you extra HP in the sense that your mount can die (well, be Banished since it's a summoned creature), but you're still up in the fight.

And if you're leading a charge and someone tosses a fireball or shoots a ballista your way, you're going to want a mount that can dodge it and resist the damage better.

Thateous

Explorer
Well, you get your attacks and actions even if you're the Commander of a Stand, so yes: if you lead a charge into a group of dismounted soldiers, you're gaining advantage to hit. Do enough damage and you can literally wipe out an entire Stand on your own.

Targeting your horse basically gives you extra HP in the sense that your mount can die (well, be Banished since it's a summoned creature), but you're still up in the fight.

And if you're leading a charge and someone tosses a fireball or shoots a ballista your way, you're going to want a mount that can dodge it and resist the damage better.
Just got to the part in ua where it mentions that if your stand attacks with reach they hit twice. Guess I'm taking heavy cavalry. Will upgrade them with shields as well a melee weapon.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I like these, but prefer the name Thateous came up with.

I like the other name as well just giving ideas so we have options. I also though of the Shadow Legion and Company of the Wolf. What we need to do is get a couple ideas then vote on the best. Unless of course someone mentions a name wa all agree upon.

Jago

Explorer
Just a note, had to make a few Merc adjustments. Of note is that I got the AC of Peltasts wrong (should have been 17, this is now corrected), and I gave the Bersekir an additional Intimidation bonus (since they are very scary). I'll be posting the "Hiring Hall" in the RG thread as well for my first post, should make it easier to find these guys.

Remove ads