Tomb of Horrors 3.5

nick012000

First Post
Scotley said:
Knights are out too.

Why? You said the PH2 was okay. I'm thinking of a guy sort of like Conan; he came from the wild and kept his barbarous code of honor despite the depravity of the city. Saving maidens, slaying monsters, fighting evil wizards, and just being a general badass.

I suppose it could work for a Fighter, too, but I'd much prefer to play a Knight.

Graybeard

Explorer
I'll have a character concept for you sometime Tuesday afternoon. Possible sorcerer (my favorite class to play) or a cleric. It's been a long time since I played a cleric.

Scotley

Hero
The intent of my post was that all classes and races come from the Players Handbook. I would allow spells, feats and gear from other books within reason.

Scotley

Hero
I'm going to have to say no to the deep halfling too. The benefits of stonecunning and darkvision just don't balance with the +2 to three skills you'd be giving up. Especially in this adventure.

Scotley

Hero
I've updated the first post with character creation guidelines including a little new information. Let me know if I've left out anything important.

Walking Dad

First Post
Scotley said:
I'm going to have to say no to the deep halfling too. The benefits of stonecunning and darkvision just don't balance with the +2 to three skills you'd be giving up. Especially in this adventure.

Ok, I can see the reason in this. What about reserve feats (complete mage). If no, I will go with the dwarf fighter ;)

I would like to take some shield feats from PH2 and some other non-core feats (But nothing obscure)

BTW: I will have no Internet access at eastern (3-4 days)

Ok, dwarf fighter: [sblock=Garagos Stoneshield]
stats link

rolled with 3d6, in the spirit of The Game Master

HP: 104 = 10 + 36 (9x4 Con) + 58 IC

XP:36,041 IC

Str: 18 (+2 level)
Dex: 15
Con: 18 (+2 racial)
Int: 12
Wis: 14
Cha: 6 (-2 racial)

Feats:
1 Endurance
3 Steadfast Determination (PH2)
6 Iron Will
9 Indomitable Soul (PH2)

1 Shield Specialization (PH2)
2 Shield Ward (PH2)
4 Heavy Armor Optimization (Races of Stone)
6 Parrying Shield (Lords of Madness, allows shield bonus vs touch attacks)
8 Undermountain Tactics (Dungeonscape)

Skills:
Climb + 16 (12 ranks + 4 Str)
Jump + 16 (12 ranks + 4 Str)
Intimidate + 10 (12 ranks - 2 Cha)

Background:

There is a proverb in Garagos clan:
If you see three ogres, roll a rock in front of the door. If you see 15, let be Garagos the rock.
Garagos is for the most the stereotypical dwarf, broad as tall, wearing more steel than three human knights and legendary stubborn (he likes to say he is determined).

Lost his armor ones, he has a habit to sleep in it. Heck, he even baths in it after finding a wizard to turn it rust-proofed. Ever wearing his helmet, only his beard shows his fiery red hair color.
He worked in the past with Ambrose Wythwindle on the quest for a long lost artifact of Moradin. He hasn't see him for decades.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
I'm okay with the reserve feats. Shield feats from PH2 are also good choices.

I expect things will slow down over Easter weekend, so no worries.

nick012000

First Post
Scotley said:
The intent of my post was that all classes and races come from the Players Handbook. I would allow spells, feats and gear from other books within reason.

Fine, I'm out.

Half my enjoyment comes from generating characters to begin with, and being forced to take a dead level kills that.

Remove ads