• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trimountaine Defenders: OOC thread

Daphna_Llassa

First Post
more questions

The night before the game starts there is a charity / posh event. (Dinner and dancing with the elite of the city.) All of the hero identities would have been invited. Any rich secret identities would have been invited too.

1. Did your character go? Which identity?
2. Would you have donated?
3. What would you have done?

Phineas:
Yes, I did. I have no alternate identity, I see no reason to hide, as if I was ashamed of my preeminence. And dressed formally: I wore a very stylish tuxedo with paisley cravat and a fine walking stick. I did not wear the Etheric Flow Transforming Flying Harness and I left the Multi-Function Threat-O-Matic Inducer in the Zeppelin. Since the Quantum Orgonic Bodysuit is designed to fit sleekly under standard clothing, I saw no reason to not wear it.​
Adam <over the CommLink>:
Yeah, but he did wear those ridiculous looking goggles, all jammed up into his uncombed hair. And I had to keep reminding him to "hoist his flag". I swear, a guy who can build glasses that let him see through time, but he can't fix a simple zipper? Geez!​
Phineas:
That would depend entirely upon the charity.​

Phineas:
Well, naturally, I would have discussed some of my more....pedestrian theories with a chosen few who could be expected to glean some verity from my words. For instance, I did encounter a young man who seemed quite interested in my description of Dobrowskii's Quantum Effect, which could be harnessed to provide an ultra-smooth, incredibly close shave in mere seconds.​
Adam:
Well, first off: I caught up on a few gigabytes of news, and tried to break into Major League Baseball's data files again. And second off: that "young man" was not hanging on your every word - he was trying to not refund the 6 cocktails he pounded down earlier.​

Daphna_Llassa

First Post
Like all of Victoria Waterfield's charities, this was for something that happened recently. This particular event was to help those affected by the earthquakes in Sushil that happened in late May. True, SuperGuy is there helping, but he can't do everything.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Sheng Gui can best be said to "live" at the headquarters, though he often has been spending time (and nights) in town in a dojo run by friends. Sheng will catch a ride with Professor Phineas in the zeppelin, his calm half-smile held politely while the Professor expounds upon his latest inventions. Sheng has a polite interest in science, his thoughts being of a more philosophical bent in understanding how his own world-view overlaps with Phineas'.

Sheng enters the hall of the main party a step behind the Professor, and slips to the side as attention turns to the new arrival. It often is hard to tell how much of this is because he is shy, or by some inherent nature that prefers to avoid such attention and fade into the shadows when there is no need for him to appear. His attire is relatively simple - a tunic-like shirt and loose pants both of white with red stitching and Chinese characters on the sleeves and cuffs. Tonight he wears slippers of unbleached fabric.

Sheng brings nothing of a monetary contribution, being unlike his companions in accumulations of wealth. He does not seem to spurn or reject wealth, nor look down upon those who gather it, but he holds none to himself. Reward money given to him is immediately handed off to others, generally quietly and without fanfare.

Sheng approaches individuals and small groups, finding the hostess at some point to thank her for her continued support of such charities. In such situations he is quietly charming, an attractive man with dark eyes, short cropped black hair, and a very impressive physique which moves with smooth grace. He has a demeanor of great control.

ericpat

First Post
Victor was in attendence. Victor has made no attempt to hide who he is, or what he does. Victor left the cloak of flying in the car (Lucien drove to the event, and waited in the car until Victor's return), but wore the ring of protection. Victor would also wear his commlink so that he could be contacted in an emergancy.

Of course.

The usual smoozing. I'm sure there are several "regulars" at these events, Victor included. Victor would make a point of maintaining his social contacts, as well as cultivating new ones.

Back-story Sheng and Phineas are certainly aware of:

Schloß Verblüffen, in addition to being our head quarters, is a castle, and Victor's ancestral home. During Victor's young adulthood, he traveled to Trimountaine and noticed that on one of the small islands in the harbor was a particularly potent combination of Geology and Geography. It was quite similar to Verblüffenburg, Germany - the location that an ancestor of Victor's had built a unique geometic structure to harness the ambient magic within the area. The structure became Schloß Verblüffen and the Verblüffen family has lived there for generations.

Upon discovering that Trimountaine was an even more potent source of ambient earth magic, Victor had Schloß Verblüffen moved here, brick by brick.

Last edited:

Question: Re: ShadowGal

Lisa,

The conversation in the In Character thread makes it seem like ShadowGal's leaving of the city is a secret. Is that true?

Shawn

Last edited:

Question for the Baron:

How much control do you maintain over re-configuration of the castle (outside the workshop/hangar area)? For instance, would you forbid Phineas from installing monitors throughout the castle, or limit their size/noise pollution/appearance?

Daphna_Llassa

First Post
ShadowGal didn't make a public announcement. She just told you guys. Eventually it will be public, but she was hoping it would be a while.

Last edited:

Remove ads