• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trimountaine Defenders: OOC thread

ericpat

First Post
Professor Fosfoor said:
Question for the Baron:

How much control do you maintain over re-configuration of the castle (outside the workshop/hangar area)? For instance, would you forbid Phineas from installing monitors throughout the castle, or limit their size/noise pollution/appearance?

Well, it is my home, and I would appreciate being asked prior to any reconfiguration.

I certainly wouldn't have issued a blanked forbiddance about any modifications, but I would prefer not to interfere with the aesthetics of the castle, or to have something glaringly obvious distracting visitors.

If you wanted to install inconspicuous, unobtrusive monitors in the common areas, I wouldn't object. If you wanted to install them in the bedrooms, or in the library, I would probably ask you not to. It’s a case-by-case kind of situation.

There is a Security System that is integrated into the HQ already, as well as a Defense System. They’re probably magic based, but there’s no reason to preclude technological augmentations.

Eric: Sounds good.

Phineas currently believes that what you call magic is really just an 11 dimensional Stenckel Transformation of the interface between Water Memory and Geo-Gravitic Flux, which is a subject he doesn't know much about. So, he is always excited about devising interfaces between the castle's native sub-systems, and 'normal' sub-systems. And, adding aesthetic concerns into the mix was something that Adam got excited about.

So, I'd say that Adam would have suggested putting small text readouts (similar to Caller ID boxes) discreetly about the castle. So, for instance, on the same table as the phone you are using, there might be a small crystal ball within which Adam could display a message: "That call is coming from inside the house!", but which otherwise looks like an elegant crystal ball.

Or, perhaps the lamp with a stained glass lampshade has a one line crystal display on the bottom edge of the shade. Or the readout is built into the glass top of the telephone table. Et cetera. Adam's got a high Art Skill (+12) so I imagine that he and the Baron could have come to agreement on many discreet innovations such as this.

Daphna_Llassa

First Post
ShadowGal: Think Green Lantern, with shadows instead of green light. She can create areas of darkness, snare people with the darkness, make objects w/ darkness to place people in, or to hit them. She can also fly. The shadows she makes can be quite frightening. She is also very convincing in any argument she has. (Statwise, higher than pl10)

Ice cream man - can create frothy ice. (He wears a machine that can turn it into ice cream. Only used during crowd control.) He can cover criminals with the ice, or use it to skate quickly from place to place, or create a slippery area. Tendency to get in the way. Well liked by the public.

Last edited:

ericpat

First Post
Professor Fosfoor said:
So, I'd say that Adam would have suggested putting small text readouts (similar to Caller ID boxes) discreetly about the castle. So, for instance, on the same table as the phone you are using, there might be a small crystal ball within which Adam could display a message: "That call is coming from inside the house!", but which otherwise looks like an elegant crystal ball.

Or, perhaps the lamp with a stained glass lampshade has a one line crystal display on the bottom edge of the shade. Or the readout is built into the glass top of the telephone table. Et cetera. Adam's got a high Art Skill (+12) so I imagine that he and the Baron could have come to agreement on many discreet innovations such as this.

I think those are excellent examples, and I wouldn't objects to things of that nature.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Sheng Gui would have been up for about an hour, and has just completed his morning exercises in a empty basement room of the castle he has turned into a dojo. At 7am let's say that he has showered and is heading up the stairs to the main floor to get breakfast.

Phineas slept for 2 or three hours and was up by 2 AM to continue working on a Flying Disc that he's been tinkering with. At 7 AM, he realized he hadn't eaten since yesterday morning and is heading to the kitchen to rustle up some grub.

For GM:
[SBlock]
Oh yeah, you know it! He also reads their physical mail when he gets a chance. He's a little bit insecure about the fact that he can't move, plus he's obnoxiously curious, so he snoops on anything and everything.
[/SBLOCK]

Question for the GM: Is it generally known that Adam is a computer? I'd rather the world simply know him as Phineas's assistant, but it's not a big deal either way. Do you have a preference?

Remove ads