• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trip Attacks

Kazoo

First Post
Is there an item or weapon ability that eliminates the Size and the Quadruped factor for Trip Attacks (kind of like the 'disarming' ability for weapons found in the MoF book)?

I have a halfling Thief-Acrobat and get Improved Trip as a free feat, but everything is bigger than me so I'm never successful.

kreynolds

First Post
The only one I know of is Sweeping. It gives you a +4 bonus to your Strength check, but I can't remember what book it's from.

Crothian

First Post
kreynolds said:
The only one I know of is Sweeping. It gives you a +4 bonus to your Strength check, but I can't remember what book it's from.

Magic of Farun. Basically, tripping with e small character is pointless.

kreynolds

First Post
Crothian said:
Magic of Farun. Basically, tripping with e small character is pointless.

Why would you trip someone with a small character? Wouldn't that hurt the little guy? What's the penalty anyways for wielding a halfling as a weapon?

Crothian

First Post
kreynolds said:

Why would you trip someone with a small character? Wouldn't that hurt the little guy? What's the penalty anyways for wielding a halfling as a weapon?

What else are small characters used for? I would assign the standard -4 to hit with a halfling unless you take Exotic Weapon Halfling. Now, just imagine a half orc Barbarian/ Exotic Weapon Master walking into town with a pair of hlaflins strapped to his back. :D

mzsylver

Explorer
kreynolds said:

i believe halflings & gnomes are a martial weapon - so any good fighter can use them.

however, you may want to look into dwarf wielding (since they're medium sized) - i think they are an exotic weapon.

Kazoo

First Post
I might not be able to trip people but I can disarm them easily enough with my Use Magic Device skill and my True Strike wand. :)

Of course then they come after me and sometimes use me for that weapon your talking about. :(

kreynolds

First Post
Kazoo said:
I might not be able to trip people but I can disarm them easily enough with my Use Magic Device skill and my True Strike wand. :)

Of course then they come after me and sometimes use me for that weapon your talking about. :(

Yep, and while you're using a standard action to kick off that wand, they're probably smacking you in the face.

hong

WotC's bitch
mzsylver said:

however, you may want to look into dwarf wielding (since they're medium sized) - i think they are an exotic weapon.

Dwarves are a thrown weapon, with a range increment of 10 ft.

Xarlen

First Post
The following anticdote is from a wacked, bad game.

We had a character in the party who was a human/half-dragon werebear Frenzied Berserker (Yes, I know how many rules this breaks, but the GM let him :p). Anyways, when fully raged, he had a strenght modifer of a +22!

In any event, he *threw* halflings. In full platemail. Said mail was adorned with Armor spikes.

The only time I remember him actually hurling the halfling, it was t a pirate. Which the halfling ended up sticking into the guy's back, doing about 25 or so points of damage. And for the entire fight, the halfling was not happy, and wanted an asprin when he freed himself.

Remove ads