Twisted Infinity

Someone

Adventurer
"You´ll please refrain from using words like ´cutters´ and ´clueless´ when referring to us" says Tares. "I, at least, find them distasteful, even when I understand it´s part of this place´s slang. What do you know about something called <Pauper Circle>?"

Ferrix

Explorer
"Ye're a might bit touchy this morning... should of had a drink with us last night, maybe ye'd be in a better place," Glangim nods his agreement to Ata then turns towards the young guide, "ye can call me a cutter all ye want, just mind the codger and we'll be fine. We're s'posed to be on to the Hive, so let's not tarry." Looking to Tares and the rest, "ye've all got legs, we can walk and talk at the same."

Ashy

First Post
Ata nods, smiling a small smile, at his other-brother's words. He falls into step with him - their walks at once strikingly similiar and different...

Lichtenhart

First Post
[Sorry for my long absence. My life is a bit complicated right now.]

Elly is refreshed in the morning when they resume their quest. She had some trouble finding sleep, for the images of destruction of her vision kept haunting her, but her strong fiber and the magic of her tunic did the trick and she enjoyed a quiet, dreamless sleep.
In the morning she tied her hair back in simple braids that make her look younger, and turned her armor into a country green dress with short fringes and wild flowers seamed on the edge and sleeves.
She misses the sun, but greets her companions with a shining smile anyway.
Turning to the child as they walk, she says "You're being so helpful to us, and we don't even know your name. I'm Elly, by the way. How long have you been a... tout?"
As she walks, she lets Rosie fly about on her own, as she know she'll be curious about this strange city.

Pyrex

First Post
Dimitri, Servant of Pelor

OOC: Prepared spells list on my char sheet has been updated.

Despite everything he's seen in the past day and his curiosity as to what is really going on, Dimitri sleeps well, then spends and hour in prayer before heading down to find everyone waiting for him outside. On the way out Dimitri purchases some bread, cheese & fruit so that everyone can have a bit of breakfast while they're walking.

As everyone begins walking, Dimitri passes out the food to anyone who wants some, including the guide; then distributing the rest to anyone they pass on the way who looks in need of a meal.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
As he heads out into the city Shifter assumes the form of a human again. As he walks, he says nothing, but rather looks around constantly with a peculiar half smile on his face.

Wrahn

First Post
All~

The girl looks at Tares confused for a moment, “Whatever, it’s your Green cutt… It’s your Green.”

She does her best to hide it, but she seems offended by Tares comment. She speaks carefully when she answers, “Yes, Pauper’s Circle is in the poorer area of this city.”

She begins to lead the group off. At Elly’s question she glances at Tares, and pauses a moment, “My name is Siobhan, thank you for asking. I have been a tout here for a while, I grew up here and it pays the bills.” She looks quickly back at Tares, “Er, that is to say the money it provides is enough to see to my needs.”

There appears to be many unusual things for Rosie to stick her “nose” into. A dog barking at her sends her skittering close to Elly. For such a bizarre place, Sigil seems to have many elements that are familiar to those who have been to larger cities. There is noisy bustle to the place as the inhabitants go about their business. Customers haggle with shop proprietors just in any normal city, except the customer is a large bird man and the proprietor is a semi-humanoid mass of rocks that appear to burn with a greenish flame.

Eventually Siobhan leads you to a section of town that has seen better days. Here the different architecture is more evident. A twisted monstrosity of a building rising precariously up, sits next to small blunt single storied building which sit next to a building that is so brightly colored it is hard to look at directly. The streets become narrower, more maze like as the group moves deeper.

Finally the group arrives at a large arch that leads into a large alley or a small plaza. Filling this area seems to be wear the homeless have taken shelter. Filled with refuse, sentient and otherwise, Siobhan leads them into the circle.

There is a brief moment of disorientation as the group steps forward. Blinking once or twice they find themselves in a room made of black stone. The archway that served as an entrance into Pauper Circle also, apparently acts as a portal to where ever the group has found themselves.

Unlike a normal gateway from Sigil however, the Archway seems to have remained open, to escape this place all that is necessary to escape this place would be to step back.

However, without knowing how they know, each of them is certain that if they step out of this place, there is no coming back. Looking forward there is darkness ahead and also they are aware that if they move forward they will be placing themselves in great peril. If they step into the darkness they will be taking the first step on the Path of Contention.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
With a quick jab at Tares, "ye should not be one to dictate others," then turning a broad smile to Siobhan, "well met lass, the names Glangim and here be my brother Ata," he says patting the Ugruu's stony shoulder.

*** Arriving in the Paupers Circle ***

"Dark omen or not, we've a path to follow," he says as if a hammer striking the last blow on a newly made sword, he clanks forwards, into contention.

Ashy

First Post
Ata nods to the tout, "Greetings, cutter", he looks to Tares as he speaks.

Once in Pauper's Circle, the ugruu follows his other-brother into the great beyond...

Remove ads