D&D 5E Underwater interest (Closed)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
If you raise the level to 6, one could also play a Storm Herald barbarian ("Storm Soul: Sea: You gain resistance to lightning damage, and you can breathe underwater. You also gain a swimming speed of 30 feet."). Just to be complete.

I think a sea elf monk or moon druid would be nice to play, or perhaps a lizardfolk warlock. There's just something very thematic about a deep diving lizardfolk that with that invocation doesn't need to hold its breath (for up to half an hour). Perhaps struck a deal with an ancient (sea) hag and, due to its in-the-moment attitude, just goes about its way and worries about any commands when they happen.

Then again, wild shaping into something fishy seems like a good fit, too.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Nice I like the way that story might play out. Wonder about why the conflict (could lead to good a story), its not like they are fighting over territory, lol
I can answer but I don't want to derail [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] 's thread too much...

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Haven’t seen your character generation rules yet. Point buy? Rolling? Fixed stats?

Seeing as it’s rare to be able to play one, I think I’ll go for a sea elf. Either druid or monk.

tglassy

Adventurer
I like rolling for stats. You’re stuck with what you get, but if your roll has a total ability bonus of +2 or less, you can have a free Feat, that I will choose, and i will likely choose ones that don’t get used as often. This way, if you roll horribly, you still get something.

And by total ability bonus, I mean adding up all your ability score bonuses, so all tens would get a total bonus of 0, whereas the Standard Array has a total score of +5

Remove ads