• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unstoppable Beast Template

Lela

First Post
Mourn said:
Unstoppable? Nah.

Give it some fast healing and regeneration...
Add in Immunity: Spells and Immunity: All Weapons and you're well on your way.

You might also consider giving it a major bonus to Bull Rushes if you dont' want it to be stopped.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I did add in some regeneration. Seems like a good idea. I'm not going for truly 'unstoppable' as in spell and weapon immunities, though, I'm just trying to create a creature that makes sense for a particular story element I'm working on.

Mithreander

Explorer
Size and Type: The creatures type changes to that of a magical beast if it was an animal. The creatures size increases normally if it's bonus hit dice increase it's size category.

So regular beasts do not become magical beasts? I think the wording on this needs to be changed.

I wanted to say that +3 CR is just about perfect for this template.

The improved Evasion skill? Is that normal reserved for those that are quick and can dodge? The only reason I say this is that a helpless oponet with imroved evesion does not get it's abilities, and yours looks like it's supposed to be more based on toughness and resiliance.

That's all I have.

Lela

First Post
Mithreander said:
So regular beasts do not become magical beasts? I think the wording on this needs to be changed.
Arrr, I seem to recall that Wizards of the Carabian changed all 'em Beasts to magical or anaimal. Be Rackham wrong?

- Mad John Rackham (that's RACK'em to you land lubbers)

Last edited:

Lela

First Post
Mithreander said:
Hee, hee, you are SO correct, Lela! Sorry, I was stuck in my little 3.0 world. Thanks for correecting me!
Aye, it be no problem matey. You'll be free of 3.0 schackles soon enough if Mad John Rackham has anythin' ta say about it. And 'e does.

- Mad John Rackham (that's RACK'em to you land lubbers)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads