Upcoming Adventure Review

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hmmm, I reviewed Mowgli's adventure and I do not have a comfortable feeling with a party that is spread so much in levels. Looking at the big picture, I really think we should split the players to fill both GE and Mowgli's games with characters better grouped.

There are three level 6's that are going to be finished with Ties that Binds after doing 25 damage points to the last foe. That will end combat on either GE or IronWolf's next post most likely. Give them a week to wrap up roleplaying and then we have a few 6th levels that deserve to be taken care of.

I will work with Mowgli to refine his adventure to handle Arianna, Heinrich, Thuvian, Elanka(w/Drev), and Audra. It could even handle Fulgrim if he has time to continue. Or Thuvian stays at his current level and goes to GE's adventure to keep the party size down.

How many are ear marked for The Inheritance?

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto at 4th, Damaris at 2nd. But if Galandra gets bumped from Mowgli's, that could be Galandra at 3rd instead of Damaris. Amien is almost 3rd but hasn't fully committed yet.

Satin Knights

First Post
What ever happened to the 'Let My Person Go' adventure I see on the wiki? Is that dead?
I don't think that every got started. If I remember right, the GM for it got a little busy with real life before he started recruiting.

I just finished Wreck Ashore and PM is finishing up Ties that Bind this week or next. So, either or both of us may start another first level game soon. That doesn't stop someone else, a.k.a. one on the new folks, from starting up an adventure too. I whined a bit that a couple of weeks ago that the veterans are getting stuck with all the gm work and their higher level characters are getting stuck waiting in the DWI. That was a nudge to get a newbie to step up to the GM plate. Well, two of our veterans stepped up to get the higher level characters back in action. I would guess those two veterans were founding members of this forum.

While I love that, I have to say, "Hey new guys, it isn't that hard." You can even get a third character out of it in reward. There are six fresh new characters waiting. Some have waited long enough they may have even given up and moved on. We can help any new GM run a game. You automatically get a judge to look over your shoulder just a bit and help with any questions you have or any squabbles about rules interpretation in the game. The XP/gold is on a fixed table, so you don't have to worry about trying to balance treasure. The adventure doesn't have to be long. One I played in was only two combats. Instead of being a PC at five minutes a day, it is likely about 30 minutes a day to GM a game.

As for me, it may be a bit before I start the next one. By next week I should be involved in six games, (one private) so my plate is slightly full. I am sure PM is just as busy already. So, we need to spread the work load around a little.

jackslate45

First Post
I have to say, "Hey new guys, it isn't that hard."

One I played in was only two combats.
Technically one, but who's counting :)

When I first started here playing on these forums, I knew very little of Pathfinder.The only system I played recently was D&D 4.0, and jumping into the lead position is a very scary thing. When I did finally DM, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just as much as you enjoy when you PC does something creative, I enjoyed creating a scenario that the PC's would hopefully have found interesting.

The only thing that keeps me DMing more is my work schedule; I am on call 24/7 as a tech guy (and I have gone in at both 1 AM and 4 AM in the morning), and it causes my posting time to be erratic. If I am lucky, I get two days in a row without getting called in. I am sure that work is a valid concern for a number of the newer people who may not have total control over their schedule.

That being said, I have to say this: When you start, DM a simple game. As the DM who only had two encounters (one of which was handled via Diplomacy...), it was easier on my end to keep and maintain two combats rather than 5 or 6, and understanding how the actions of one combat effect the other 3 or 4. Where I get into trouble is creating this awe inspiring adventure, then not having the time to finish writing it. It took maybe 4 months to do a simple game, but that gives you the experience of DMing something that you created.

Also, feel free to ask any of the judges / veterans questions about building games. All most everyone who has an 8th level or higher has Dm'ed a game at least once. We have such a huge knowledge pool to pull from.

On that note, I have to go fix a sever. I am working on something for the lower levels, but I doubt I will be able to put anything in till Sunday. GE, I will let you know when I submit it.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'll add my plug for some new GMs as well. Not only is it not THAT hard (though it can be intimidating at first), it's not the same as running a face to face game at all. It's PbP, so you've got all the time you need to research and consult for answers to any questions you might have or to come up with the bad guys responses. GMing PbP has it's unique challenges (the biggest for me is keeping track of what's happened over the much longer real life span of time an adventure takes), but overall I've found it easier than face to face.

Triskaideka

First Post
I'd love to eventually be able to run a game here as a GM. I've got tons of the books for Pathfinder, and I've been slowly fleshing out a homebrew setting for a future campaign. Of course, I'm not certain it would be wise of me to GM here when I haven't even leveled, let alone played, a character. But I do have ideas for adventures for when I'm ready.

Remove ads