Upcoming Adventure Review

GlassEye

Adventurer
There are three level 6's that are going to be finished with Ties that Binds... and then we have a few 6th levels that deserve to be taken care of.

How many are ear marked for The Inheritance?

Elenka will end Ties that Bind at 7th level (she hit 7th sometime in Feb; I'll have numbers for you soon, PM).

The Inheritance has melee solidly covered with Tasanto and Tyrion. Soulnova expressed interest with Damaris (Galandra is more appropriate in level but Damaris has needed skills and support and should do fine if she stays behind the melee characters and is careful. Galandra would also make the group melee heavy). [MENTION=6667193]sunshadow21[/MENTION] has Thuvian and Quillion, both would work well in the group and for the adventure, if he's interested and has time. [MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION] has said 'if you need me'. If I get an affirmative from SS21 we'll be ready to go. Systole's character would still be welcome to join if he wants.

Amien (played by Det) was a possibility but I think he would be better off by providing much needed melee for that mass of 1st level spellcasters sitting in the DWI.

sunshadow21

Explorer
I can pull both Thuvian and Quillian out if needed, and level them to the needed level as well. GE's adventure sounds perfect for Thuvian, with the shadows theme. Quillian works well with just about anything, being a general purpose cleric.

soulnova

Explorer
Elenka will end Ties that Bind at 7th level (she hit 7th sometime in Feb; I'll have numbers for you soon, PM).

The Inheritance has melee solidly covered with Tasanto and Tyrion. Soulnova expressed interest with Damaris (Galandra is more appropriate in level but Damaris has needed skills and support and should do fine if she stays behind the melee characters and is careful. Galandra would also make the group melee heavy). @sunshadow21 has Thuvian and Quillion, both would work well in the group and for the adventure, if he's interested and has time. @Systole has said 'if you need me'. If I get an affirmative from SS21 we'll be ready to go. Systole's character would still be welcome to join if he wants.

Amien (played by Det) was a possibility but I think he would be better off by providing much needed melee for that mass of 1st level spellcasters sitting in the DWI.

Perfect, just point me to the thread and I'll send Damaris over there. ;D

WindCrystal

First Post
Hmm, which adventure would this be or is that still in the works?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Thanks for the compliments, guys. :)
It has now occurred to me that I might be the most experienced PbP DM active in LPF now. Hard to catch up to me if you are not GMing 10+ PbP games. :p
I am definitely not the most experienced GM though when you add FtF, but there are different skill sets involved. ;)

I have recently run into several bad GMs on other sites, and the crew here is definitely successful and have got their stuff together. I am proud to be a part of that success and my positive influence on it. Cheers!

Here are my comments on rookie DMs for LPF.
1. Take a very careful look at one of my game threads, then look at GlassEye's and Satin Knight's. There are subtle differences. I have refined my technique over the years and it works for me. I am organized and have developed habits to keep myself efficient. Note, I am usually GMing 10+ games so I like information properly managed and quickly available.

2. LPF has a built in mentorship program, requiring a Judge to ride shotgun. Every active Judge is an experienced GM in LPF, IIRC. Any rookie is not alone and should not try to do it alone.

3. Anyone thinking of running a game at LPF for their first time, should understand that to be DM you need to put in about twice as much time and all of your players put together. A rough metric is that the time it takes to play 3-4 characters in other games is about what it takes at minimum to run your own game. Time required fluctuates, but overall that is true for me across the board. Of course, I would expect a rookie to double that in the beginning if they want to do a good job.

4. I don't think a rookie should bite off more than they can chew. Instead of going all out to run an ambitious project of revamping a publish module, try running a 1-2 encounter mini-adventure first. Then you will learn what works for you and can go again with 4-5 encounter adventure better prepared.

Now, on to the current situation. Are all set on taking care of the 3-7th level characters? SS21, IHMO, I would say you are eligible for both games if there is room. Sorry if I am being pushy on the character placement, but I am looking out for the interests of LPF at large to take care of veterans. Because if they are happy, then we can move on to working on the next crop of players. :)

With Tie that Binds wrapping up, I can ride shotgun on 1-2 rookie DMs. :) If we cannot get one to step up, then I might consider running some short things to bide time. I can have a 1 shot encounter ready to go for all of the level 1-2 characters active in the DWI once I get back from vacation.

Triskaideka

First Post
I've gone ahead and gotten started on writing up a 2 encounter mini adventure I think should be suitable for levels 1 and 2. Should an APL 1 party be able to take on one CR 3 enemy?

Remove ads