Upcoming Adventure Review

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Encounter CR is determined by adding up XP from each foe's CR to get total XP for the Encounter. Then reverse the look up to find out what CR that means if it were just one foe. Sometimes you get a XP amount in between and round it to the nearest .5.

You figure CR for each encounter and expected treasure for each encounter. Total treasure received should match total treasure expected, but you do not have to make each encounter to have actual treasure match expected.

Check out this Adventure Application and I think you can figure out what I did.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...FWepBA/edit?authkey=CNi2rMAP&authkey=CNi2rMAP

Grayn

First Post
Okay, that makes sense. And the Application is just what I need! I will get it into that format.

...getting close...I think.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Check out this Adventure Application and I think you can figure out what I did.

Perrin,
I've put that proposal on the wiki as our sample adventure proposal. If you would rather I not, I'll remove it (but it is an excellent example of what I like to see when I'm approving adventures). Just let me know. Thanks.

Grayn

First Post
Okay, this is the very last question...I'm sure of it. :lol:

I can't find any approved sources for adventure building in the wiki. Are there any sources we are not allowed to use?

Satin Knights

First Post
Well, the unapproved list would be too long. What you can use is the CRB, APG, UM, UC, UE, ARG, Bestiaries, Animal Archive and Adventurer's Armory. On top of that, as the GM, if you have a beast from another source, you can use that too without much contention. So, something like Tome of Horrors would be viable for the creatures. It is when it comes to treasure, we would prefer that treasure that is unavailable in the LPF system not get introduced as a special case item. It has happened before and becomes a little difficult to track. Anything else, well, I would say it would the over-watching judge's call as to if it should be usable.

When you GM an adventure, a second GM looks over your proposal for consistency, fairness and if it fits in with the current story canon of the region the game is in. If they see a problem, they will let you know and suggest tweaks. They may even suggest reusing NPCs already built in the world to fit into the characters that are in your story.

I think you may be getting to the point of a judge/GM looking things over. What APL level is your adventure going to be? If it is a level that a judge/GM has a viable character in, he may not want to do the review because of spoilers that would his chance to play in the game instead. Most of the veteran judges are high enough that I don't think that would be a problem though.

Grayn

First Post
This is going to be low level (1-3 with a lot of flexibility to adjust as necessary). I am working on the formatting now. I will put together what I have and let you guys red ink it as needed.

Don't know if I will have it ready this weekend (family coming in town), but should have it together at the beginning of the week.

Satin Knights

First Post
At the moment, we have 1s, 3s, 8s and 11s looking for work, or will be this week. When PMs The Devil We Know Part II is done, there will be a bunch of 5s. He was running that one as a couple of scenes at a time, and then regrouping. So, we could put the game you want on the schedule for this autumn and expect it to go off.

Remove ads