Upcoming Adventure Review

jackslate45

First Post
@jackslate45 , other than SK's game for the 9-11th levels, there is nothing in the works for the few characters around 9th level that are not planning to play in it. There may be a need for one or two games in the 8-9th level range yet
Do you guys have an estimate about when you might be ready to start up?

In all honesty, since Systole has already started writing his, I can sit out tempoarly. I would really prefer to run low level games for now, due to my lack of time DMing LPF. If there are enough people however I will whip something up.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
In all honesty, since Systole has already started writing his, I can sit out tempoarly. I would really prefer to run low level games for now, due to my lack of time DMing LPF. If there are enough people however I will whip something up.
Well, experience comes with practice. :p

I am not attached to either adventure that I am running, both are really just filling in to make sure people are playing. Though, I am going with original content for the Ringling Affair.

After 1-2 Encounters, either the group I have can be turned over to someone else. The crew in The Devil We know is actually spread out in character levels a bit much and could be broken up into 2 separate smaller groups if you want to design for a small party of 4th or 5-6th level. They will probably be ready in about a month since I can resolve the adventure after any encounter. I also have a better idea for something longer running for 4-5th levels, but that's for a party of 4-5 (including animal companions).

I am sure we will need an adventure for 1st levels again soon, so you can run something in that range in about a month as well.

jackslate45

First Post
I have some modules fit for level 5. I'll need to update them (it was written in 3.5) for a smaller group, but that sholdn't be too difficult.

Once GE's last game ends Tyrion is sitting out for a while. That should give me a little more time to DM 2 games.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Once GE's last game ends Tyrion is sitting out for a while. That should give me a little more time to DM 2 games.

We are, finally, very close to the end. We might have a month but I have horrible judgement in these matters so I can't say for sure. That'll put a 3rd, 3 4ths, and a 5th back into the pool. Sounds like it could dovetail nicely with the end of Devil We Know. The 4th and 5th levels could combine with those others available available at the time. That would just leave the 3rd. Soulnova is a great player who's handled being a level or two behind the other characters well. Don't know when [MENTION=6705164]Grayn[/MENTION] is going to get his adventure off the ground but maybe Soulnova/Damaris could be worked in when she gets free?

Also, when 'Inheritance' ends I'll likely be looking to start another adventure.

Grayn

First Post
We have four players now, so I can start whenever. If we want to wait for Soulnova, I can do that or figure a way to work him in when done with his present adventure.

Satin Knights

First Post
I would say start now. Lightfeather has chimed in, so you are ready to go. Officially, she has to be approved before she starts receiving XP, so I just got to get her done by the end of the first fight. So, that is not a holdup on the game. The two games in the 3-5 range should be ending about the same time, so we will shuffle around those characters at that time.

Grayn

First Post
Roger, Roger.

I don't think I will be able to get to it tonight, but plan to see the post hitting the boards tomorrow.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
We are, finally, very close to the end. We might have a month but I have horrible judgement in these matters so I can't say for sure. That'll put a 3rd, 3 4ths, and a 5th back into the pool. Sounds like it could dovetail nicely with the end of Devil We Know. The 4th and 5th levels could combine with those others available available at the time. That would just leave the 3rd. Soulnova is a great player who's handled being a level or two behind the other characters well. Don't know when @Grayn is going to get his adventure off the ground but maybe Soulnova/Damaris could be worked in when she gets free?

Also, when 'Inheritance' ends I'll likely be looking to start another adventure.
I took a closer look at the mid-levels picture.

I have worked out XP projections and estimated levels for the group in Devil We Know. They ended combat yesterday and leveled up three characters. The other three will level up after the final encounter, or be so close to level up very quickly on starting their next one. That will leave 2 6th levels, 3 5th levels, and 1 4th level.

With The Inheritance ending about the same time, that would see a total of:
2-3 3rd Levels (soulnova & Grayn, & poss KhisanthaA )
4 4th Levels (Systole, SS21, JS45, & Det)
4 5th Levels (SK, Kinem, soulnova, & Deuce_Traveler)
2-3 6th Levels (poss jkason, Scott DeWar, & jbear)

So if another 3rd level joins Grayn's adventure late, that would still work out okay since we have enough 4th levels. It looks like we need one game for APL 4 and one for APL 5-6 it looks like.

This does not take into account the situation on 7-8th levels.

What sort of levels are you thinking of, GE?

GlassEye

Adventurer
This does not take into account the situation on 7-8th levels.

What sort of levels are you thinking of, GE?

Didn't have any particular level range in mind. I was just beginning to flip through old Living Forgotten Realms scenarios to see if there was anything that looked like it could be worked into something for LPF. If Deuce and/or Jackslate are thinking of something in the level 5 range, and Jackslate (?) something at level 8 then I'll keep my eyes open for something for APL 4, 8 or higher, just in case.

Remove ads