• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

UPDATE: Politics/Religion no longer permitted again!

Janx

Hero
Someone called the decision to stop politics discussion, "asinine." I figure that counts.

I don't think that's an appropriate response.

It was an interesting experiment. But there are other venues like Circus Maximus or other sites for those topics.

Morlock

Banned
Banned
I'm confused. What was that 15 page thread that just got closed, if not a thread about politics? I don't want to violate the rules here. If politics is a forbidden topic, I won't discuss politics here. But if lefties are going to discuss politics here, then so am I.

And if Nationalism is going to be banned regardless, you should just ban political discussion altogether. I don't even know what kind of mentality it takes to allow discussion of a topic, but forbid people with a certain opinion of that topic from expressing their POV. Soviet, maybe? I doubt even the Soviets were that obvious about it, but maybe I have the wrong impression.

ETA: never mind, I skimmed the recent pages of this thread and I get the gist. I initially saw how old this thread is and couldn't figure out what was going on. It's the usual story; leftists "get offended" and shut down free speech. No big.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm confused. What was that 15 page thread that just got closed, if not a thread about politics? I don't want to violate the rules here. If politics is a forbidden topic, I won't discuss politics here. But if lefties are going to discuss politics here, then so am I.

And if Nationalism is going to be banned regardless, you should just ban political discussion altogether. I don't even know what kind of mentality it takes to allow discussion of a topic, but forbid people with a certain opinion of that topic from expressing their POV. Soviet, maybe? I doubt even the Soviets were that obvious about it, but maybe I have the wrong impression.

ETA: never mind, I skimmed the recent pages of this thread and I get the gist. I initially saw how old this thread is and couldn't figure out what was going on. It's the usual story; leftists "get offended" and shut down free speech. No big.

Politics are now not permitted there. That does not mean "start insulting people of a different political leaning to you in the announcement thread." Please refrain from political jibes. Thank you.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
In the spirit of things, I must say I'm offended by the number of stickied threads in this section. Do you guys think it is possible to reduce that number? It would reduce the scrolling needed to see threads.

dd.stevenson

Super KY
The forum description still needs to be updated.

Capture.PNG

Remove ads