UPDATE: Politics/Religion no longer permitted again!

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
That's all you. None of that is me. And yeah. Little. This place is pretty tiny.

Look, dude, before this thread I was barely aware of you. Now I just think you're a jerk who has invited himself into my house and is going out of his way to annoy me. Please stop that. If you don't like me, or if you don't like my house, or the expected behaviour here, that's fine - go somewhere else. I don't mind, I promise.

Wow. Guess the ennie awards aren't a thing that's hugely important to the ttrpg world, helping shape how games are percieved by the gaming community as a whole, with a live awards thing at gen con? We have very different definitions of little.
and how does one invite oneself into a public forum that literally invited everyone from the wotc forums to come here, not to mention the general standing up invitation of an open forum with an active and inviting community?

Anyway, I've already pointed out that I like this site and how it's run, and respect the job you're doing. Apparently you think that should entirely preclude any criticism. That is preposterous, imo, but ok.

Look, I'm sorry. I didn't intend to create a gorram moop fest.

fba827

Adventurer
As someone (albeit a quiet someone these days) who has been using these boards since they started under different leadership ( back when 3e was still getting scoops and previews), one of the things I always appreciated was the no politics or religion rule. I'd go in to specific reasons on my I like that rule but the short of it is my reasons are my reasons and won't change anyone else's opinion. So I'll just leave it at this : I appreciate the attempt to test their inclusion, but more so I appreciate the pulling of the plug on the test and putting the no politics no religion rule back in place. So thank you.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
They're not to me. No award is. I could give a rat's wiggling bum if a film is declared best picture, or if an rpg wins an ennie, or who gets inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame, etc.

Sure, but they are a big deal, whether you or I pay attention to them or not. They impact the industry.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Wow. Guess the ennie awards aren't a thing that's hugely important to the ttrpg world, helping shape how games are percieved by the gaming community as a whole, with a live awards thing at gen con? We have very different definitions of little.
and how does one invite oneself into a public forum that literally invited everyone from the wotc forums to come here, not to mention the general standing up invitation of an open forum with an active and inviting community?
The Ennies aren't run by Morrus, aren't hosted on this site, and aren't paid for out of his pocket. They may have started here, and this may be where there's a lot of discussion, but they're independant now.

And no one's said you can't criticize, so that's a red herring, what's been said is that no one owes you any explanations due to your criticism.

DarkMum

First Post
No Politics? No Religion? Great, I could use a break from all that, where do I sign? More seriously, I'm not kidding. I've had it up to here with gender war politics on the internet, and if this place is free of that crap, I'm very happy to hear it.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
No Politics? No Religion? Great, I could use a break from all that, where do I sign? More seriously, I'm not kidding. I've had it up to here with gender war politics on the internet, and if this place is free of that crap, I'm very happy to hear it.

Depends on what aspect of it you think is crap. The mods around here take a dim view of sexism and bigotry in general and there's a lively discussion going on right now about women being sexually harassed in game stores and at cons.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Depends on what aspect of it you think is crap. The mods around here take a dim view of sexism and bigotry in general and there's a lively discussion going on right now about women being sexually harassed in game stores and at cons.
I wish it were just a dim view. Instead there's a preferred ideology. Adhere to it, and you can dance across r he lines of acceptable behavior against those that don't. Not saying the mods allow this intentionally, they're just far more blind to poor behavior that aligns to their ideology.

But, there aren't many posts like that, so it doesn't often surface.

Remove ads