[v.3.5] Gazetteer of Harqual [REVISED]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Gazetteer One: The Lands of Harqual
By Robert "Knightfall" Blezard

Introduction
This is the first (and primary) gazetteer that exists for the World of Kulan. It is constantly a work in progress and parts of it have been posted here on EN World (and over on The Piazza). However, it has become out of date since I've now advanced the timeline for the world. I've gone through and update many of the entries in my OpenOffice document, but I haven't been able to ensure that the entries in the old Lands of Harqual thread are completely correct. Thus, the need for this thread.

My goal here is to go through, in order, with each post being dedicated to one entry. Almost all of the entries from The Northlands, The Northern Heartlands, and The Southern Heartlands are (99%) complete. However, when it comes to the southern regions of Harqual, I've done a lot less. To keep this thread organized, I've going to keep it as a closed thread. I'll create discussion threads for both EN World and The Piazza where those that wish to follow this project can chime in. I will not be re-posting this over on The Piazza. I'm going to keep it all in this one place.

So, I present the Lands of Harqual in all its twisted glory. I hope it is easy to follow, or, at least, fun!

Cheers!

Robert Blezard, aka Knightfall
April 30, 2016
Project Revised: October 22., 2021

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
TABLE OF CONTENTS

The Northlands
Cold Barrens

Coldstone
Kimsbridge
Muirmaer
Redstone Clans
• Suth Subterrane (new)
Tribes of Zell

Desinon Forest
Dragonmount (renamed)
Elves of Desinon
Gurthaeska Taurndor (new)
Ridgewood Ride (new)
Shantili Shores
Shielded Northlands
Windwall
Wolveshire (new)

Dragon's Eye Region
Blightlands
Dellal Cliffwatch
Fort Boreal
Fort Icemist
Hordes of Helik

Horrid North
Aniki Shara
Caer Sivalindor
Fort Whitewind
Gamsoran Shores
Horrid Tribes
Kilinid
Mežszars (new)
Wisplands (new)

Greystone Mountains Region
• Broken Clans
• Clans of Silver
• Frostshard Tribes
• Greystone
• Hidden Vale
• Lowshard Tribes
• Old Highstone
• Rockshard Clans
• Spoutmoor (new)
• Twilight Lands
• Verge Tribes

Nashee Peninsula Region
• Fort Tundra
• Harlagren
• Hoarfrost
• Icewinde
• Ornostar
• Rmoahalnn
• Valag

Near North
• Acheos
• Arkhangel
• Farstone Clans
• Gem Kingdom
• Northwind Tribe
• Shining Principality
• Woodend

Quaran Coast
• Ahalgot
• Fade Hill
• Kaltar Giant Tribes
• MaShir
• Reims
• Riven Clans
• Tel'Mėth Tribes

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The Ragik Peninsula
Ahamudia Region

Ahamudia
Bitran
Bloody Blade Tribe
Crimson Horn Tribe
Fardale
Hornhills of the Great Elk
Hutaalar
Soreney
Toraa Bagul
Vananean Elf Clans

Lake Ragik Region
Ara-Ragik
Forestkith Tribe of Valinar Waldd
Goblin Tribe of the Löwaldd
Goblin Tribe of Shalazan Waldd
Löwe Val
Mistria

Morhan Region
Aina'ndor
Goldensoul
Morass Holdings
Morhan
Snow Goblin Tribe of the Nameless Hills

Old Sword Lands
Brietag
Eulayan
Firetop Goblin Tribe
Goblin Tribes of Menhir Waldd
Hutaakans of the Firetop Hills
Järir
Jättenwalk
Märii
Miekka
Sword East
Sword Protectorate
Sword South

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The Northern Heartlands
The Eastern Shores

Alora
Ambra
Barrowrise
Ee'aar Clans
Highborn Lands
Highlands
Mathghamhna
Minar
Qualitian Belt
Shadow Magocracy
Spirit Rift
Stonn
Sunus Tribes
Thallin
Wind Cities
Wolffire

The Great Forest
Deephold
Elenhin
Graystar
Lochlands
Midlands
Narda'taur
Silverdawn
Silverleaf
Wild Treelands

The Helanan Shores
Ambian
Feymarsh Tribes
Gillian
Jovian Alliance
Metan
Onan Territories
Silver Phoenix Tribe (new)

The Old Warlands
Halandra
Heth Hold
Lawless Camps
Nikel
Ruined March
Poli
Valeny

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Whew, that is a lot effort! I'd forgotten about how much work you'd put into your world.
Thanks. Sometimes it feels like the gazetteer will never be truly finished. Hopefully, this process will force me to finish most if not all of it.

I should also note that the gazetteer has changed a lot over the years -- even before I moved the timeline for the world ahead. The parts I've 'finished' in the past need some updating, yet there are sections that have never been started let alone worked on. For example, I've done almost nothing for the islands and seas surrounding the continent, which partly has to do with those sections being at the end of the document.

FYI, I just put up another post, but it's sparse. I don't have a lot for it, yet. My goal is to continue adding entries even if they aren't done yet or are completely brand new. The next two entries, Redstone Clan and Tribes of Zell, are brand new material.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Thanks. Sometimes it feels like the gazetteer will never be truly finished. Hopefully, this process will force me to finish most if not all of it.

I should also note that the gazetteer has changed a lot over the years -- even before I moved the timeline for the world ahead. The parts I've 'finished' in the past need some updating, yet there are sections that have never been started let alone worked on. For example, I've done almost nothing for the islands and seas surrounding the continent, which partly has to do with those sections being at the end of the document.

FYI, I just put up another post, but it's sparse. I don't have a lot for it, yet. My goal is to continue adding entries even if they aren't done yet or are completely brand new. The next two entries, Redstone Clan and Tribes of Zell, are brand new material.

I feel like until what you've done is ready for publication, it will never truly be done. I'm currently working on making an Adventure Path and I noticed that the first parts are VERY detailed because I tend to go through them more often, but also that I come up with ideas that causes me to sometimes change previous things. So until I've finished and am brushing through it for the final time, it will always be in a state of change. Which is good and bad, I suppose.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm going to have completely redo the gazetteer. I can't unlock it and don't have mod status for this forum anymore after the Great Crash.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I feel like until what you've done is ready for publication, it will never truly be done. I'm currently working on making an Adventure Path and I noticed that the first parts are VERY detailed because I tend to go through them more often, but also that I come up with ideas that causes me to sometimes change previous things. So until I've finished and am brushing through it for the final time, it will always be in a state of change. Which is good and bad, I suppose.
Kulan will never be done. And I'm okay with that. Even if some of it ever got published, it would still never be finished for me.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
TABLE OF CONTENTS (cont.)

The Southern Heartlands
Lake Nest Region

Aerie Holds
Althan's Tribe
Cadra
Crystallid
Gallo’s Band
Hutaakan’s of the Crystal Cairns
New Carcech