Vasorn, the World Under Dragonfire

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“Please, friend halfling, we mean you no harm,” Alyshia said quietly, holding up her empty hands to illustrate this fact. “Please, forgive our intrusion, but we have need to speak with you privately. My name is Alyshia, and my companion’s name is Eleth.” She hesitates in telling him of their mission, waiting to see what his reaction is to them first.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The halfling looks at both again, and takes a deep calming breath.*

"'Drow don't walk about in sunlight'," he mutters, as if uttering some well-worn saying. "You've come from the Underdark then. Who sent you?"

Dark Nemesis

First Post
*The halfling looks at both again, and takes a deep calming breath.*

"'Drow don't walk about in sunlight'," he mutters, as if uttering some well-worn saying. "You've come from the Underdark then. Who sent you?"

“We were sent by the aboleth Sek-ai'sy with hope that you would be able to help us in our quest,” Alyshia replied. She watched the halfling carefully, looking for any sign regarding his trustworthiness.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I know the name of the Keeper," he says with a touch of reverence. "What is your quest? Who do you seek? And can you show me proof you come from the Keeper?"

*His voice seems honest, and his expression open. He eyes the mostly concealed elf with a bit of warriness, but who wouldn't?*

Dark Nemesis

First Post
"We were looking for you, actually," Alyshia replied. In seeing the expression upon his face, she felt that she could trust him with the details of their mission. "Deepwell was attacked several hours ago. Sek-ai'sy escaped, and so did the imformation that he kept. He told us to seek you out, to compare the information that he maintained to what you have acquired, to determine the weakness of the dragons."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Deepwell? Hell's fire," he swears, and shakes his head. "Bring me the information. Between the two of us, we can find a way to strike back for this treachery. How did it fall?"

Dark Nemesis

First Post
"I have no doubt that we will," Alyshia replied. She paused then, realizing that she never asked the halfling his name. "Excuse me, but I do not even know your name."

She shook her head at his question. "There were about fifty of them, darkenbeasts, followed by mages and draconic half-ogres. Many people devoted to our cause died bravely in that battle."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Ah, yes, I'm Sorrowscale, Alyshia, Eleth," he says in response to her question. But when he hears of what attacked Deepwell, his eyes briefly shine with silver fire. "Bastards. They marched past our caravan not a week past, going to 'smite the infidels hiding in the woods.' Someone must have tipped them off about where Deepwell was. There must be a leak somewhere..." he shakes his head, heat in his voice, "We'll do all we can to find it, but for now, let's keep things between as few people as possible, eh? I'll go with you read what you have, that way you don't have to move it."

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
*Eleth smiles grimly.*

"Nothing personal friend, but I'm afraid I must ask that you allow me to blindfold you. I do not doubt your trustworthiness, but in such times as this we must take all precautions. Please forgive me for such a statement, but we can affort to trust no one."

Remove ads