• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vin Diesel

Welverin

First Post
jdavis said:
I'd hate for people to start thinking we were cool or hip or that we didn't live in our parents basement and have no social skills.

Hey, I don't live in the basement!

I live in the attic.

Sholari

First Post
D-Man said:
Wasn't there a thread a while back listing all the celebrities who game? Anyone remember any of the big ones?

On an interview In the Actor's Studio Mike Myers of Austin Powers fame admitted to having gamed in high school. Though he did seem a bit embaressed to admit it. His personality Lothar of the Hill People was based his D&D campaign.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Tabarnak Smokeblower said:
Later in the interview, he also mentionned that he'd like to participate in a remake of guys and dolls.

TS

Whoa. That's like Nathan Lane saying he'd like to star in Rambo 4.

Crazy...

:eek:

Negative Zero

First Post
now, i only heard the short 2min audio clip, but it sounds to me like Threedub and Tabarnak Smokeblower may have misunderstood (or there's something else that he's referingto that i haven't heard). in fact Conan actually says "you would not let me play with you ... that guy's too nerdy"

from what i've seen, Conan pokes fun at everyone, himself included. and like TR pointed out he IS a comedian. poke fun is what they do. besides, i'm pretty sure Conan is or was a gamer, or at least a certified card carrying geek. and last time i checked, it's always ok for someone to make fun of his own group.

Klaatu, just coz someone gets offended, it doesn't mean that offense was intended. not to be antagonistic or anything, but no matter what you say, or how you say it, (or what you don't say or how you don't say it for that matter) in the US, someone will get offended. i tend to side with the "grow a skin" crowd for the most part.

~NegZ

Krail Stromquism

First Post
Now how do we get Vin Diesel up in this?

we gotta get him and his boys all up in Enworld.

Vin is 36 isnt he?

Anyway, He should be doing King Conan as Conans son (not conan obrien) or Hannibal (not lecter) those movies would be sweet.

anyway,

Im available to play Vin if you read this, just a short flight to cali from Tucson.

Klaatu B. Nikto

First Post
Negative Zero said:
Klaatu, just coz someone gets offended, it doesn't mean that offense was intended. not to be antagonistic or anything, but no matter what you say, or how you say it, (or what you don't say or how you don't say it for that matter) in the US, someone will get offended. i tend to side with the "grow a skin" crowd for the most part.

~NegZ

My mistake. It wasn't Conan but Craig Kilborn.

For the most part, you're preaching to the choir. I'm more in the 'cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it' camp myself. Political correctness has gotten way out of control in the original intent to not offend anyone.

However, I thought the joke was bad taste but I wasn't offended. Most likely the people who were offended was Owen Hart's family, friends and coworkers and I'd say understandably so.

So was Vin's drow around the same time or shortly after a certain ranger that everyone just -loves- so much? Maybe Vin's covering up the fact that he played a halfling or gnome or *gasp* a bard! :D

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Tarrasque Wrangler said:

The only ones I can think of offhand are Hal Sparks (comedian and actor on Queer as Folk). It'd be fun to game with a comic.

And of course, Rivers Cuomo from Weezer, who not only name-checks the DMG in "In the Garage", but said in an interview that he randomizes his set lists for concerts by rolling percentile dice on a "song table". That's just awesome.

Wil Wheaton of Star Trek TNG and Stand By Me fame is very definitely a gamer. For a while he had a link on his website pointing to a place where one could purchase the Book of Vile Darkness. Now he's recommending people buy The Two Towers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads