Viridian Plague OOC 2, orphaned by Keia

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I think they really don't have a common language :uhoh: As for Pleione and Slagg, Pleione has been an NPC Cohort, but you could RP her if you like, or both. I'll give you some extra RP notes for the two of them or the one you pick :D
Actually we all speak Seelie in the current group, except Slagg...then he doesn't speak. :p

Once we have Alexia though, we'll be back to not sharing a common language. :(

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
Nephtys said:
And a whole lot of secret plotting hidden in all those sblocks, I bet.
Not really...mostly Trayah talking to the Lacerta shaman in Yharzu (their native language), and of course his own spirits. :)

unleashed

First Post
Bront said:
I thought she spoke Seelie because it was the common language?
Well Alexia's languages are listed as Valsian, Altanian, Eldish, Mojin, High Praetorian, Draconic, and Infernal...so no Seelie there that I can see.

Nephtys

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
The problem is that where she is, she sort of needs to be rescued, so there isn't even a side thread opportunity either. There may be an NPC ally the party finds soon, though, so you could play that for the intervening time. It would be significantly closer to Alexia than either Pleione or Slagg would be.

Edit: Though now that I think of it, it may be next to impossible to roleplay correctly.

Rescued? How embarrassing... ;). I suppose her dragon cohort is also imprisoned. Either way, Corivared is too limited to be a good substitute.
Looking at Slagg in the RG I see he has an intelligence of 8, equivalent to an IQ of 80 which is only borderline retarded, meaning that in my view he's been portrayed as a bit too stupid so far. People with an IQ of 80 are usually able to function independently in society, even to manage jobs on a basic level without constant supervision.
So, I'll play Slagg, and I'll keep his personality and loyalties intact, but I'll play him just a little bit smarter.

-

Alexia can cast Comprehend Languages, and her buter knows Seelie, so she should still be able to take part in conversation. Though maybe she could swap one of her less important languages for Seelie. Which of the followinglanguages (except Infernal and Draconic) is the most obscure?

Valsian, Altanian, Eldish, Mojin, High Praetorian, Draconic, Infernal.

Nephtys

First Post
I've read the two IC- threads, but there seems to be a big chunk missing (something about an ambush by some bears and children turning into kittens). Is there another thread for that or was that played in a chatroom?
Also, dideveryonegain a level? In that case, can I level-up Slagg? (and Alexia if she's gained any experience on her adventures and from her earlier visit to the sacred copse?)

Bront

The man with the probe
Nephtys said:
Alexia can cast Comprehend Languages, and her buter knows Seelie, so she should still be able to take part in conversation. Though maybe she could swap one of her less important languages for Seelie. Which of the followinglanguages (except Infernal and Draconic) is the most obscure?

Valsian, Altanian, Eldish, Mojin, High Praetorian, Draconic, Infernal.
Valsian is your native language, and Mojin is another Aris language. Eldish is the most common language in the stars. Altanian and High Praetorian are probably fairly rare, with High Praetorian being a bit more so.

Bront

The man with the probe
Nephtys said:
I've read the two IC- threads, but there seems to be a big chunk missing (something about an ambush by some bears and children turning into kittens). Is there another thread for that or was that played in a chatroom?
Also, dideveryonegain a level? In that case, can I level-up Slagg? (and Alexia if she's gained any experience on her adventures and from her earlier visit to the sacred copse?)
There was a crash, anything from between 12/29/05 and 5/10/06 was lost :(

Nephtys

First Post
But High Praetorian is probably a big language in aristocratic circles, since it's the language of the Roman elite.(?)
--
That's terrible. What happened during that lost time that Shag should know about?

Remove ads