W1: Blacklily Violence (Completed!) [Rae Judging]

Wik

First Post
Knocking on the door, you have to wait for several minutes before a maid ushers you in and quickly goes to awake Cassus. Coming downstairs is the Arimae, wearing a dark silk nightrobe.

"Gentlemen! You've found the necklace!? So soon!? You are worth the money, of that I am sure!"

As he speaks, he pokes at the fireplace in his sitting room. The place can only be defined as "cozy" - a small room, with comfortable sitting chairs and ottomans, a massive stone hearth, and oil lanterns casting the room in a warm glow. Cassus grabs a seat, and motions for you to do the same.

"Sorry for my dress... I expected you to come at an earlier hour. Although, I appreciate your willingness to complete the job. Tell me, was finding it difficult?"

Solange

First Post
"Twasn't too hard, but it wasn't without danger. The Great Shepherd added to his flock today day, and while they chose their path, tis a shame anaway," Solange says reverently, or at least as anyone with a thick country accent can.

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld settles back into a deep comfortable chair, and feels fatigue sweeping over him. "She means that people died. Four thieves and thugs, and one innocent - the keeper of the Ship's Wheel tavern in the dock district, his throat slit by one of the Blacklilies who herself is now dead."

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Cludge looks at the higher-than-comfortable-for-a-dwarf human chairs and remains standing, hands folded behind his back.
Well, sir, it's like this, he says. We found that there were a few o' them Blackberries hidin' out in a tavern down by the docks. Seems they was breakin' inter people's houses an' stealin' stuff. Then they fenced the lot through a young bloke named Vannon... He pauses and waits respectfully for Cassus to catch the name. I do wish my new friend Gal was here, he mutters under his breath. Bet he'd be much better at this stuff...wonder what he's up to?

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld exchanges quick glances with his other companions. "That's one way to tell him," he thinks to himself, "Drop the name, and let him work it out for himself!"

Wik

First Post
Cassus nods at the tale, wincing when he hears that people have died for the necklace. After Cludge mentions Vannon, he stops for a second. "Hunh. My brother's name is Vannon..." and then he stops, thinking for a moment.

Trouvere

Explorer
"That had not escaped us, sir," says Conuld softly. "We heard the name first from a nervous marketseller, but later from a Blacklily who, I must tell you, named Vannon specifically, using your family name. Now, we had captured this Blacklily, and he was leading us to the hiding place of the necklace. His name was Riffer, and he was one of the thieves whom you surprised during the robbery. It is not impossible that, knowing for whom we must be working, and aware of the coincidence of your brother's name with that of the Blacklily fence, he decided to work some mischief. However, we have also a letter, delivered to our hands by a Blacklily only a few minutes ago, which I think you should read, which also makes the claim that your brother has an association with them. Beyond that, we have no positive proof of your brother's involvement with them. We have, of course, made no inquiries, and have not spoken to anyone outside this room on this matter."

covaithe

Explorer
"If it is any consolation, sir, it appears that Vannon had nothing to do with the burglary of your home, and, if the word of thieves is to be believed, he was quite upset about it." Tommy adds uncertainly.

Wik

First Post
Cassus nods to himself, distracted. "Now that I think about it, it would explain a lot of things. He had a lot of money recently, but as far as I know, he hasn't been doing any work for the family. I sort of thought it was gambling money... Vannon is the sort. But... but..."

Cassus shakes his head. "You are probably correct. This 'Riffer' fellow was trying to sow confusion, and this letter you speak of... more of the same. As it stands, though... I will keep an eye on my brother."

Remove ads