• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Solange

First Post
OOC: Ok, can I get a map? I'm having trouble visualizing what's going on. She'll probably use her other CLW scroll on Hukk though.

Wik

First Post
OOC: Yeah, I can try to get the map done in my break, in a few hours.

And it looks like IC hates you guys. Which brings a smile to my face.

Wik

First Post
Round seven

Code:
MAP

XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX----0--X
XXXXXXXGXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-------X
X0-0--gAg0--XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-------X
X-H----G-C-----------------------K--X
---S----0---XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX---K---X
X-0P--------XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX0------X
X-----0-----XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX--0-0-0X
XXXWXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XX(noises)XXX

K = Kid (in groups of 3, bound)
G = Goblin
g = goblin on difficult terrain.
H = Hukk
P = Pendrake
S = Solange
W = Goblin Shaman
A = Aiken
C = Cepheus
- = 5 feet, open terrain
X = Wall
0 = Debris, floor mats (rough terrain)
Note - this map reflects where people are standing AFTER their actions in Round Seven.

Pendrake makes his cold comment, while advancing upon the goblin woman with murder in his eyes. As he gets close, she raises her hand and chants a single sound, lacking in any discernable vowel. An invisible force seems to knock Pendrake's blade away.

The goblin woman stops singing her song with a curse, and takes a step back into the hallway, pointing her staff at Pendrake and making the same command. (Lesser Confusion again, on Pendrake - will save time!)

(in round six, Solange uses her scroll on Hukk - this action has been inserted in Round six's results. She still has an action for Round Seven, which will be inserted here)

the single goblin from the east halls, now behind Aiken, tries to make a daring stab. Aiken, distracted by foes on all sides, accidentally exposes his back to the goblin, who lands a terrible
blow (7 points of damage, crit confirmed). Aiken is heavily wounded, but does not fall.

Waiting for further actions...

Condition Summary
Initiative: 23. Pendrake Utherman. (HP 7/12)
Initiative: 15. Goblin Shaman.. Damage Taken: 0 hp.
Initiative: 14. Solange Shepherd.(HP 3/9)Waiting to take action
Initiative: 14. Hukk.. (HP: -4/3). Stabilized.
Initiative: 13. Goblin from East Halls.. Damage Taken: 0 hp. +1 Moral Bonus from Goblin song, 3 rounds remaining
Initiative: 10. Cepheus Boomhill. (HP 14/14) Waiting to take action
Initiative: 9. Goblins from the North Hall (3). Damage Taken: #1 - 0 HP. #2 - 0 HP. #3 - 0 HP.+1 Moral Bonus from Goblin song, 3 rounds remaining Waiting to take action
Initiative: 5. Aiken. (HP 1/10) Waiting to take action

Corwyn

First Post
1/10 hp

Aiken starts fighting defensively thus his AC goes from 15 to 18 (normal +2 bonus +1 for tumble)
He proceeds to attack the goblin who is flanked by Solange.

Attack (1d20+2=3)

Aiken curses in every language he knows as his attack misses the goblin again.

(ps are we using fumble rules? if so Possible fumble (1d20+2=21) Damned I wish I had rolled this first.)

Wik

First Post
Round seven (Cont'd)

Solange moves to take an attack against one of the goblins near Aiken.

Cepheus pulls off his shot, but it goes wild.

Two of the goblins break off from Aiken, and move to attack the gnome. "Die, beard, die!". However, Neither can land a hit.

Another goblin swings at Solange, and the blade slices her chest. Again, Solange falls - barely conscious. (Attack roll on Solange (1d20+2=16, 1d6=3))

Things look grim for the group. Very, very grim.

(Almost as if the GM made some really bad estimates on party strength, and screwed up bigtime. :) Luckily, he has a solution for this)

Suddenly, there is the sound of footsteps splashing in the water, coming from the tunnels you had been in, only a few minutes earlier. Bright lights, as if coming from a torch, shine into the room. Standing, in the hallway, are five humanoid figures, all wearing black and gray scarves tied about their faces. Standing in the centre of the party is a tall, thin man, wearing a pointed gray cap that is very much oversized.

"Those damned goblins! Where is the rock, you Doublemurder traitors!?" the hat-wearer cries out.

END OF ROUND SEVEN

The final goblin remains swinging at Aiken. And hits, knocking Aiken to -3 hit points.

Condition Summary
Initiative: 23. Pendrake Utherman. (HP 7/12)
Initiative: 18 Four Thieves.
Initiative: 15. Goblin Shaman.. Damage Taken: 0 hp.
Initiative: 14. Solange Shepherd.(HP 0/9)
Initiative: 14. Hukk.. (HP: -4/3). Stabilized.
Initiative: 13. Goblin from East Halls.. Damage Taken: 0 hp. +1 Moral Bonus from Goblin song, 2 rounds remaining
Initiative: 10. Cepheus Boomhill. (HP 14/14)
Initiative: 9. Rogue with the Hat.
Initiative: 9. Goblins from the North Hall (3). Damage Taken: #1 - 0 HP. #2 - 0 HP. #3 - 0 HP.+1 Moral Bonus from Goblin song, 3 rounds remaining
Initiative: 5. Aiken. (HP -3/10)

Remove ads