WD's "Base of Operations" OCC

Bihlbo

Explorer
Thanks for the updates everyone!!

So Collan's logic here is that if we fight off some orcs in this tower and we've let these captives free, the orcs might kill them thinking we're in cahoots. If we ignore the captives during the fight then the orcs won't make that connection, and therefore the captives will stay safe till we fight off the orcs. Besides, those captives could be bad guys, we don't know if we can trust them not to stab us in the back during the fight.

If I were an orc who always had adventurers coming into my keep to rescue people I'd dress up some of my friends as trojan horses.

Ilium

First Post
Bihlbo said:
Thanks for the updates everyone!!

So Collan's logic here is that if we fight off some orcs in this tower and we've let these captives free, the orcs might kill them thinking we're in cahoots. If we ignore the captives during the fight then the orcs won't make that connection, and therefore the captives will stay safe till we fight off the orcs. Besides, those captives could be bad guys, we don't know if we can trust them not to stab us in the back during the fight.

If I were an orc who always had adventurers coming into my keep to rescue people I'd dress up some of my friends as trojan horses.
I don't know if I'm that paranoid :)
But we definitely need to deal with whatever's coming up the stairs before we take time to free people. Unless Jarek and the other tank-types can hold the stairwell while somebody else releases (or at least un-gags) the prisoners.

Kenku17

First Post
Ilium said:
I don't know if I'm that paranoid :)
But we definitely need to deal with whatever's coming up the stairs before we take time to free people. Unless Jarek and the other tank-types can hold the stairwell while somebody else releases (or at least un-gags) the prisoners.

I can use Bulwark to slow them, which I think I will. It will mean I will be standing right in the center of the door to the stairway(or just into it) but it will help slow the orcs down.

Voda Vosa

First Post
hornedturtle said:
Arrak used a bow as well. The horse could have been shot as a way of covering his tracks.

Arrak was a PC
wink.gif
and a half orc too! I can't rise any doubt against another half-orc.
But a sneaky dwarf with a bow sounds like far more treacherous. Think! he is short, and has a bow! :D

Ilium

First Post
Kenku17 said:
I can use Bulwark to slow them, which I think I will. It will mean I will be standing right in the center of the door to the stairway(or just into it) but it will help slow the orcs down.

Sounds good but I'm not going to look very brave issuing challenges from behind you. :) Can we stand side-by-side? We can cover the room's entrance better that way anwyay.

Voda Vosa said:
But a sneaky dwarf with a bow sounds like far more treacherous. Think! he is short, and has a bow! :D
Yep. He must be the bad guy. Ya can't trust anybody cowardly enough to use a missile weapon. ;)

Rhun

First Post
Sorry for the delays in getting Rowan's character sheet posted...everytime I try I get EN World error messages lately.

Bihlbo

Explorer
Sheesh, I hadn't thought of that. A couple rounds of combat might mean a week or so of you newbies not getting to do anything but mumble, "Skoo uoo drrry ulf!" It should have been me to think of that, since I was the one what decided to leave em bound.

WD, what do you think about revising things? If you think it's a good idea I can re-write my posts to reflect the change.

Remove ads