What are you reading [Jul 2017]?

Richards

Legend
I'm reading Scavenger by Tom Savage. It's about a serial killer called the Family Man who kills entire families at a time, and a man who survived one of those attacks only to have to deal with the killer years later.

Johnathan

Jhaelen

First Post
I just finished proofreading a friend's forthcoming new novel 'Fratzenstein' - a historic crime novel with some fantastic elements.

Next up is 'The Testament of Jessie Lamb' by Jane Rogers.

I also noticed it's about time to get a bunch of new novels, since this appears to be the last remaining unread one.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I spent June and July reading the entire Garrett P.I. series from start to finish. I really like the series as a whole, but the last two books were pretty tough. On one hand, there is a particular female character that was booted from the series that I was happy to see go. On the other hand, I felt that Morley, Playmate, Saucerhead Tharpe, and Winger also had reduced time which was unfortunate since I really like them as characters. I think the series hit its high-water mark on the third to last book, Cruel Zinc Melodies. All the main characters I grew to love so much showed their own character developments and had moments to shine.

I’ve only read the first book, but coming from The Black Company, the light-hearted tone was a shock. But still fun.

I spent June and July reading the entire Garrett P.I. series from start to finish. I really like the series as a whole, but the last two books were pretty tough.

That’s a pretty awesome Trifecta of Neil. I loved The Graveyard Book, too.

Just finished American Gods and Neverwhere and started Good Omens.

I just finished Lin Carter’s The Warrior of World’s End. While not great fantasy literature, it’s just so darn weird that I had to love it. Interdimensional lobster men, a sapient flying bird vehicle, esoteric religions, and much more.
Next up is N.K. Jemisin’s The Killing Moon.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I spent June and July reading the entire Garrett P.I. series from start to finish.

I've read these piecemeal over the years, but I've never sat down and treated them like a "real series" where I read them all together. I have to try that.

As a side note, I love how the war colors everything.

Remove ads