• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are you reading [Jul 2017]?

Richards

Legend
I'm reading Scavenger by Tom Savage. It's about a serial killer called the Family Man who kills entire families at a time, and a man who survived one of those attacks only to have to deal with the killer years later.

Johnathan

Jhaelen

First Post
I just finished proofreading a friend's forthcoming new novel 'Fratzenstein' - a historic crime novel with some fantastic elements.

Next up is 'The Testament of Jessie Lamb' by Jane Rogers.

I also noticed it's about time to get a bunch of new novels, since this appears to be the last remaining unread one.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I spent June and July reading the entire Garrett P.I. series from start to finish. I really like the series as a whole, but the last two books were pretty tough. On one hand, there is a particular female character that was booted from the series that I was happy to see go. On the other hand, I felt that Morley, Playmate, Saucerhead Tharpe, and Winger also had reduced time which was unfortunate since I really like them as characters. I think the series hit its high-water mark on the third to last book, Cruel Zinc Melodies. All the main characters I grew to love so much showed their own character developments and had moments to shine.

I’ve only read the first book, but coming from The Black Company, the light-hearted tone was a shock. But still fun.

I spent June and July reading the entire Garrett P.I. series from start to finish. I really like the series as a whole, but the last two books were pretty tough.

That’s a pretty awesome Trifecta of Neil. I loved The Graveyard Book, too.

Just finished American Gods and Neverwhere and started Good Omens.

I just finished Lin Carter’s The Warrior of World’s End. While not great fantasy literature, it’s just so darn weird that I had to love it. Interdimensional lobster men, a sapient flying bird vehicle, esoteric religions, and much more.
Next up is N.K. Jemisin’s The Killing Moon.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I spent June and July reading the entire Garrett P.I. series from start to finish.

I've read these piecemeal over the years, but I've never sat down and treated them like a "real series" where I read them all together. I have to try that.

As a side note, I love how the war colors everything.

Remove ads